Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Coventry

In view of our historical record v Coventry maybe we should celebrate this, but joking aside this is worrying times for Coventry fans

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/february/efl-statement-coventry-city

Hope they pull through,  the 1987 cup final is one of my first and favourite football memories.

Aye you should always own your own stadium. My local team don't and when they had a playoff date they had no secured the date so the owners said get lost we've booked demon bikers.

It's a sad tale of a club with eyes bigger than its stomach.

They had their own ground, Highfield Road, until 2006. They'd set off plans to move to a new stadium in 1997, which ended up becoming the Ricoh Arena. But the Ricoh Arena arrangement was such that the arena was owned by ACL (shareholders Coventry City and Higgs Trust) and Coventry City was a tenant.

SISU capital took over the running of the club in 2007 (and seem to have done little more than bled them dry). Then there was a rent dispute, leading to Coventry leaving the Ricoh and playing in Northampton for the 2013-14 season.

Then Wasps rugby club bought out ACL in 2014 (by this time the owners were the council and  HIggs Trust). SISU want the Supreme Court to investigate the sale of the Ricoh Arena, and Wasps are insistent that rent talks won't happen unless they drop the case.

It's a nothing statement from the EFL, it's literally saying "You need to tell us where you're playing next year"

Total and utter mess, and very hard to keep up with.

This reminds me of a recent story about a village team who were going to lose their playing fields to housing developments. They played in Barcelona colours and called the ground something similar to the Nou Camp, i can't remember what it was but it was witty. Anyway, the whole development thing did the angry rounds on Twitter and it got picked up nationally, and then internationally, to the point where the actual Barcelona FC owners paid 200K to buy the playing fields and donated it to the village team. It's an incredible story really... and now they are affiliated!!!!! Somebody google it!!!

Just shows how bad management can destroy a club. 

Could be 1p5wich in a few years time.