Sign in to follow this  
staffordshire canary

Think some are looking at us with envy ๐Ÿ‘

I'm not surprised! What we've achieved under the Webber/Farke alliance so far this season is astounding, really.

Our main issue is going to be (eventually) keeping hold of either one! But I like to think (hope) that they wish to see how far they can go together with this great football club. I imagine once they stop enjoying it and the fruits of their labour have gone a bit mouldy we'll see one, if not both, of them leave.

Edited by BobLoz3

Ha! Yes, watched this the other day too. A couple of friends were like "I'm not sure it's great having this out in the public domain"

But, the point is, it's really only football coaches and players you need to worry about and all of them understand this better than us anyway! But you're correct, Ron, the opposing teams don't seem able to do a huge amount about it just now!

The point is that there's several options outlined in the Tifo piece, and I'm sure we're drilled to change tactics if things aren't working. If needs be the change is made at halftime, which is why we have had so many better second halves.

• Like 1

Itโ€™s one thing to understand how NCFC play the game and a whole other thing to actually play against NCFC.

As Vince Lombardi said, (paraphrasing) โ€œItย doesnโ€™t matter if the opposition know what weโ€™re about to do, because weโ€™reย going to execute at such a level that they canโ€™t stop it happening.โ€

• Like 1

Both the above comments are true, the credit lies with the coach(es) and players for being able to communicate, comprehend and then execute what is required at any given point in the game. You could see this was starting to happen around this time last season, we got it wrong as often as right, but as the right has outstripped wrong during this season, so far, i have to say we are looking deadly.

All top teams lose the odd game, we reacted perfectly to losing v Preston. Tougher game next, but i reckon we'll play the same way๐Ÿ˜œ

Short termism in football does my head in, Nathan Jonesย inherited a mess six weeks ago yet some Stoke fans want him out already. They deserve to be unsuccessful.ย 

Some sensible comments on that link at least.ย 

Edited by Gordon Bennett