Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Ashtons confession ........

Interesting  that Ashton   has come forward , and admitted   that  he , and other players ,  are guilty  of under performing ....

Well Deano ,  you , and the other players , know  real well that  Nigels getting it  in the neck  because  the players  aren`t  earning their wages ....  its  a good start   that you`ve come clean to a certain extent ,  but to say you don`t have any idea why the team   is doing so badly  is stretching things a bit   !   

It might  help  if most of the other players came forward  and made public THEIR part in    the poor   performances to date ......

Or are they  so craven that they`ll  let Nigel take the  blame ??   

There is no doubt that players are underperforming - and have done so for just about EVERY manager who has been sacked so yes they will let him take the ultimate blame.

But look at what our manager has done to deano alone. 

At Crewe he was used to season after season of relegattion battles yet he still forged a reputation as a skillful young goal scorer near the op of the divisions scoring charts in spite of the team he was with due to their managers ability to play to his strengths - ball played to his feet, supporting link up play with midfield and a remit to play centrally in the pitch where his footwork creates shooting opportunities.

Our manager decides that he does not work hard enough so tells him he cant do what he has been doing (and the very reason we bought him) and that he has to work the channels, moving him wide so frequently you could be confused into thinking he was a winger - whats the point of him being wide with no one in the box.

I know it is difficult to turn a pigs ear into a silk purse but with Ashton our coaching staff have taken a proven goal scorer of international class and robbed him of all confidence simply by the change in focus.

Until our management learn how to play our good staff to their strengths rather than their weaknesses then I will continue to call for their replacement.

OTBC

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]Nigel W is the manager. He is responsible for the performance of the team. He is the one who has to motivate them. He is the one who picks the formation. He is the one who signs the players he thinks we need. He is to blame![/quote]

Read  Ashtons  article again !!  

In it  he ADMITS  that the players  ignore  Nigels instructions....

In it  he ADMITS  that the players are looking after their own backs .....

In it  he ADMITS  that the abuse levelled  at Nigel    should be directed  at the players !!! 

This does NOT sound like a man   who is blaming Nigel   for the bad performances  ...   what he`s saying is that  a lot of the team   are , more or less , playing how they like  !  and they couldn`t care less about the sad punters filing through the turnstyles .....  

Nigel IS the manager   ,  he picks the formation  ,  picks the players   ...  but what your seeing  at every match     these days   are a bunch of  selfish   deadbeats  who have no intention  of earning their wages  !     how would YOU motivate them ?   

Nigel , IMO  has  , thus far ,  been to much of a gentleman  !  I think he`s now realising  he`s dealing   with  small minds with big ego`s   , and I wouldn`t blame him one bit if he  left  ....   and then the next manager   [ if anybodies nuts enough to come here ] will inherit   this shower  , and will start right away asking the board  for cash to buy players , and asking for time  to " rebuild "  the squad  ,   thats what, two or three years down the line ?   and we could be playng Forest by then ....  

Therefore it is obvious the players appointed by Nigel don''t want to play for him for some reason, sack all the players and stick with Worthy, bring in the kids but that isn''t the Worthy way or do you sack the manager and bring in someone who will inspire the players.

Players of today know if they fail to perform at one level the only way is down, noone will be prepared to take a chance on them, it is so obvious Worthy has lost the players both junior and senior that he must go.  OR CAN''T You See That.

You make a fair point Sheded but my in my opinion Worthington''s best attribute as a manager in the past has been his ability to motivate players.  Lets be honest when we won this league, he managed to get an average squad with one quality player performing well above their capabilities as a team.

If Worthington has lost his ability to motivate players then he really doesn''t have many strings left to his bow.  In my opinion Worthington has completly run out of idea''s on how to turn things around. He is basically shrugging his shoulders and saying "Well the team and tactics were right but the players just didn''t do what I told them".  Why is that though?  Surely Worthy has to accept that maybe he could do or have done more?  Maybe not.  He seems to have totally distanced himself from results and more than likely from some of the players as well.  He is quite happy to ask for the fans to "Stick together" in order to help the club through the bad times, yet he can''t wait to distance himself from failure and divert any attention away from him and towards the players.

He is losing the plot and he gives the impression that he has no idea how to turn it around.

I agree saint - worthys strength as a manager was building a team spirit that made the players perform better than they actually were. 

Now it is clear that he has not been able to recreate that team spirit within the latest squad and unable to motivate them to give the performances he wants week in week out.

This scenarios has been played out with other managers time and again and will be repeated again in future, even at city.  Once you fail to get the players following your instructions or performing to the standard you want as a manager your time is up.   Again poor sides can be transformed by a new manager - and that is the gamble we have to take; that we can find that person to inspire the team to perform at the level they should.  The squad is not so bad it should sit at 18th in the table but the way its being managed suggests we are heading for a 12th-20th place finish, not a 1st - 8th play it should be acheiving.

OTBC   

What do you propose Sheded? That we sack the whole team and bring in new players. Problem is that all these players have been picked by Worthy. This is his squad. If they are not playing well the responsibility ends up with Worthy.

He has done a great job for us in the past. But since the 6 - 0 humiliation at Fulham Norwich have been poor.

When do you think Worthy should go? When we are bottom? When we finish mid table at the end of the season? When we finish bottom half of the championship table the season after?

Yet another supporter who refuses to come down on hard on the players but has no problem attacking the manager.

If the players are not taking any notice of the manager then surely its their fault that things are going wrong.

Lets face it, when we had a team that listened to the manager and played his way, we got promotion.

I think its pretty simplistic to apportion all blame on Worthy. Why the hell should we sack the manager and keep the players who are being totally unprofessional in what they are doing.

I think Rieg that you make a an excellent point and the blame does not sit with Worthy alone.  For me I think it a 50-50 situation where both the players and coaching staff have to have a good look at themselves.

You do have to ask why the players are not following his instructions though?  Maybe the players feel his tactics are wrong, maybe they do not back his management "skills" as much as the public backings suggest.

Unfortunately and ultimately the blame (in most peoples eyes) always lies with the manager, it''s the way business works.  You employ people and they become your responsibility, it''s no different no matter where or whom you work for.  It may be unfair but that’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid.

Ashton DOES NOT ONCE back the manager in

the article!!!  read it closely he says the players share the

blame but not once does he back worthington!!!

“It''s a reflection on the team and on you as a player. If they want

the manager out it means the team is not doing well enough which,

therefore, means that it''s on the players shoulders as well,” said

Ashton.

Players are to blame as well as the manager!!!  read it!!!

Worthington, in his post-match interview, admitted the players did

not do what he had asked them to do and believes “too many are looking

after their own backs” and Ashton was again at a loss as to why the

team did not perform to the manager''s wishes.

WORTHINGTON Said they dont do what he asked not Ashton!! 

Worthy said they are looking after there own backs not ashton  it

all rings of a lost dressing room....

where does it say he thinks the manager is doing a good job it

doesnt, its not even implied.  And in the end this team is almost

entirely Worthy Built.  And we have lost more games than last year

from the same number of matches.

In fact We are Diabolical

WORTHY OUT

Rieg,

Its not about blame. Its about the best future for our club. I think that after 5 years Worthy should move on and a new guy should be brought in. The team has been poor for 6 months now. These are his players and his team.

When should he go then? At the beginining of the season I said that if he didnt get us into the play offs the club would be taking a big step backwards. I stand by this view.

I could take the trouble to answer  the posters who   have   all expressed   their different viewpoint  , most of which   were for ousting Nigel   , which I aint !    .... which sort of makes me a minority  right now !    only time will tell  who`s right   [A]

What strikes me about Deano`s   comments   , is NOT what  he`s reported as saying  ,   but about  what he might be  implying !     obviously  this is a purely personal point of view , but  I think  he was trying to say  that Nigel  is not the problem ..... and that  there are deep divisions   within the team   that Nigel may not be privy to  ... 

I`d be interested to know  others opinions  are on this..

I expect  much derision  ,  but I`m not  unduly concerned ....   [6]

isnt it funny how when the club are doing badly and worthys neck is on the block its always the same players who are rolled out, Ashton, Flem, Greeno and hucks.

These players are constantly in the paper with the same pre prepared media piffle thats said every time..

why dont we hear a comment from Youssef Safri, or from Jim Brennan, or Ryan Jarvis? what have these players got to say?

its ok getting the elder statesman and the supposed "darlings" of the club out to try and win over the fans bu thats just a tired format that isnt working...

or will the other players say something worthington doesnt want them too?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

isnt it funny how when the club are doing badly and worthys neck is on the block its always the same players who are rolled out, Ashton, Flem, Greeno and hucks.

These players are constantly in the paper with the same pre prepared media piffle thats said every time..

why dont we hear a comment from Youssef Safri, or from Jim Brennan, or Ryan Jarvis? what have these players got to say?

its ok getting the elder statesman and the supposed "darlings" of the club out to try and win over the fans bu thats just a tired format that isnt working...

or will the other players say something worthington doesnt want them too?

jas :)

[/quote]

Well , you just said it King,   lets hear it from the other players !