BaltimoreBird

Pressure for the upcoming matches

From the article on the front page Paddy asks whether Farke sticks with the young bloods or shelters them from the pressure while utilizing the veterans.

One could argue that the pressure rests all on the shoulders of the vets. If Farke were to go with Klose, and Timm has a less than stellar game, then good luck to him seeing the field over Godfrey again when it counts. Stick with the current squad until they prove you wrong.

52 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

From the article on the front page Paddy asks whether Farke sticks with the young bloods or shelters them from the pressure while utilizing the veterans.

One could argue that the pressure rests all on the shoulders of the vets. If Farke were to go with Klose, and Timm has a less than stellar game, then good luck to him seeing the field over Godfrey again when it counts. Stick with the current squad until they prove you wrong.

Agree with this, the young un's have earned the right to keep their places. Keep calm and carry on. 

Whilst i usually enjoy reading Paddy's articles i dont really get why he thinks DF has a dilemma in choosing youngsters or more experienced heads. Also he talks of pressure, but honestly, pressure is not an issue. City hit the top in early November and have not  really been out of the top 2 or 3 in all that time and those youngsters handled that so hard run from Xmas onwards against the likes of Forest, Derby, Sheff Utd,  WBA and Leeds.

Its simple. Daniel will field the best 11 he thinks can win each match and there is absolutely no doubt the young uns will be at the forefront of his thoughts . Its also incredible that the likes of Klose, Hanley, Rhodes etc are sitting on the bench, awaiting any chance they may have to get game time.

With just 3 points seperating the top 4, i think its us fans who may feel the pressure more than the players.

Fitness/injuries apart, DF has absolutely  no reason to make changes. Quite the contrary in fact. The stars, in the form of the performance stats, have actually aligned more favorably over the last five games, as Ben Mayhew’s latest E-Ratings show. Nothing’s broke; nothing needs fixing.

It's just something to write about. I see DF sticking with the team selections that have produced for him. If you're in the team and you perform well, you stay in. It's on merit not on age or seniority or standing. As he alludes to, the younger players have a desire to simply play their football. 

Good of course that we have strength in depth.

Paddy wrote that with lots of big words but didn’t really say anything . Of course it’s carry on with the young ones who are in the team on merit and class . 

Farke's system has  been to rely on the strength of his squad  ... and how on earth did we manage to end up with this terrific group of players either cheaply or through the ranks? ....  whereby if a regular/star is injured another steps in.

Whether that other be Vrancic, Stiepermann, Trybull, Rhodes or even Cantwell they have all performed so well within the system that the cracks have hardly shown.

The likes of Leitner, Klose, Hanwell will return from injury and be on the bench. They will then  need to prove that they are more effective than the current starting eleven (who will likewise succumb to injuries in due course in any case.)

All teams will have massive injuries by now in the season. We are far from exceptional and they disrupt and cost points.

Our backup is outstanding to the extent that the damage has been limited.

Never since the time of recruiting McDougall, Boyer, others and then Reeves (good old Bondi) have I witnessed such excellent transfer activity at our club, and I include decisive unloading as well (Naismith, Husband and the and others we have loaned or sold.)

Brizzle are having a run to be frightened of. I'm unaware of their injury situation, but they will need a strong squad to continue as they are in this long hard season. I'm betting it is not as strong as ours.

5 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Hanwell? Blimey this squad has so much depth, I don't even know all of the players........

Hanley. 

Happy now? Or did you lack a smiley?

Can we now get back to the point of this discussion??

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I would have thought we have had more than enough pressure games over the last three months to start worrying now about younger players being affected by it.

Looks to me like they're are thriving on it and revelling in it.

Stupid article

Edited by Making Plans

Normally Paddy writes good stuff but this article is just daft. As though Farke of all people is going to have a panic attack and start to chop and change his team or his style of play. Did Paddy not see Farke during the Ipswich game? The coolest guy in the stadium.

Just enjoy the ride,  we follow our team for seasons like this. The pressure is all on those behind us in the table.