Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

QPR v West Brom.

Just need to stay calm and get our 3 points this weekend at home.

Then on to Millwall and do the same.

Edited by sonyc

Hopefully Leeds and Sheffield Utd will put a spanner in the works of WBA/Swansea/Newcastle&Co., although draws would be preferable.....

Several big games next week - WBA v Sheff U on Sat, Leeds v WBA on the Friday and the Sheffield derby on the following Monday.

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The Leeds West Brom game will be some defining game you start to think.

Yes, a real game and a half.  Best result there would be a draw, but if either side win, they get a definite advantage over the other chasers.  Doesn't really affect us as long as we keep going.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

Hopefully Leeds and Sheffield Utd will put a spanner in the works of WBA/Swansea/Newcastle??????????????????&Co., although draws would be preferable.....

Expected West Brom to win this one, so not too gutted at the result.

Big day Saturday 

Doesn't matter what other teams do as long as we keep winning our games, it's as simple as that really

For me its between Leeds, West Brom and City for the 2 automatic places. We are good enough to do it and my money says that we will. 

5 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Bristol City just need to win on Saturday to really liven things up! looking like an exciting run in!! 

You'd like that Jubs, nothing to do with Bristol City of course, just that you can't bare the idea of us going up while you head in the opposite direction. 

Wonder  how Leeds will do without Kemar Roofe for rest of the season, i can see WBA beating them at the weekend. For all the top 4 sides, because the table is so tight, every game will be  a cup final. Got to love the competitiveness of this division, i enjoyed it last season when we were mid table, so this season has just been a wonderful dream, no matter if we go up or not.

Perhaps we are now getting used to being at the top end of the table, but its easy to overlook how this squad has gelled together in such an incredible way. Guys like Vrancic and Stieperman are  unrecognisable from last season, in Aarons weve a youngster who has burst into the first team from nowhere and how many of us, at season start, thought we would have a striker with 23 goals and with 13 games still to go?

So it will feel disapointing if we miss out, but heck, once we get time to digest the season, it would be hard to find any fault in whats been dished up for us, plus the prospect of another crack next season. But if we do go up, well, that'll take care of itself in due course.

• Like 2

@Essjayess

My only grouse would be with what you say about last season. There were plenty of promising signs foreshadowing the kinds of performances we’ve been treated to this season. I think the only real surprise is that we are strong contenders for automatic promotion when strong contenders for top six would have been the realistic target.

3 levels of worry for Norwich fans;

1. We need to win our games

2. Promotion rivals to drop equal amount of points to other promotion rivals

3. Promotion rivals need to drop points against non promotion rivals (Always a bonus)

Last night's game fell into no 3, and we just have to shrug our shoulders, (no matter how late the winner was scored) It just wasn't a bonus for us last night 

Saturday- WBA v Sheff U, Leeds v Bolton

next Saturday- Leeds v WBA and Sheff Weds v Sheff U 

Edited by FenwayFrank

5 hours ago, Essjayess said:

how many of us, at season start, thought we would have a striker with 23 goals and with 13 games still to go?

I would wager those few who did think that almost certainly thought it would be Jordan Rhodes and not Teemu Pukki!

11 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Bristol City just need to win on Saturday to really liven things up! looking like an exciting run in!! 

As apposed to the 'dull as dish water' wait for relegation to be confirmed for your shower of sh!4e . Now that is a right laugh. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

As apposed to the 'dull as dish water' wait for relegation to be confirmed for your shower of sh!4e . Now that is a right laugh. :classic_biggrin:

It's the hope that's killing them ER!

It's even funnier when they get a spirited draw, as some (not all I must admit) use that as the catalyst for their rise up the table.

27 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It's the hope that's killing them ER!

It's even funnier when they get a spirited draw, as some (not all I must admit) use that as the catalyst for their rise up the table.

Quite!

However, if unjustly relegated, they are 'going to storm league 1 next season'   arf…….

Our current position, run and level of skill displayed in games has surpassed even the most optimistic, glass half full type of supporter such as me this season. 

However, I'd rather a safe gap between us and third than the drama unfolding. Such is life.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lakey called it when we were in the bottom 6. I along with others thought he was nuts so I’m just having a slice of humble pie for breakfast . 

Well done LDC! Have we got access to those posts and anyone else who predicted this fantastic season?

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Well done LDC! Have we got access to those posts and anyone else who predicted this fantastic season?

I'm fairly sure he's predicted we'd have an amazing season every season since the dawn of time tbf.

22 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm fairly sure he's predicted we'd have an amazing season every season since the dawn of time tbf.

Quite possibly. Much in the same way others predict abject failure every season since the dawn of time. In most cases it's harmless and nothing more than a personality trait.

However there have been some that go beyond this and they deserve the occasional bump...

Edited by nutty nigel