Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

Sala

I hope Mackay is ashamed of himself.

There was a letter that he'd sent to Sala before his transfer to Cardiff, which basically said how little he cared for his personal wishes. It was absolutely rotten in the extreme and showed that agents like him are purely in it for the money.

Mind you, with an owner like Vincent Tan (basically the football club owner version of some kind of Bond villain) is it any wonder that some dodgy deals slipped through at Cardiff? The guy seems like a total fruit loop to me.

Edited by BobLoz3

Excellent read. I think regardless of any dodgy dealing by agents, when all is said and done the blame for the crash is going to be put onto the dead pilot. It's very sad, but ultimately he's responsible for the flight although we may never know what pressures he may have been under. The cost of a proper private jet seems cheap now, and surely any of those involved (McKay, Cardiff, Nantes and Sala himself) could have afforded it.

As to McKay being ashamed, I'd imagine it's been a fair few years since he was capable of that emotion.

Edited by Peanuts
McKay for Mackay

Just for clarity

McKay, agent involved in transfer of Sala and who`s sons got contracts at Cardiff

Mackay, former manager who was not involved in either

Bet Colin is sweating and hoping the authorities don't look to deeply into this - his whole career has been built on dodgy deals.  The tales I've heard about him! 

13 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

Just for clarity

McKay, agent involved in transfer of Sala and who`s sons got contracts at Cardiff

Mackay, former manager who was not involved in either

Ah yes... Malky. Who could forget his racist jibes towards Koreans... He should be ashamed n'all!

I meant McKay... The agent. But I think that was obvious (ish!) 😊

There should be a minutes silence before every game until the pilot is found. Or 90 minutes silence at every Cardiff game until they cough up.

This is properly sickening. They announced the signing on their official website ffs, it was their shoddy travel arrangements that caused this. How they can have the audacity to find some kind of loophole to avoid paying is truly disgusting. Complete lack of class and a total insult to Sala’s family and Nantes. ****ing scummy club

So many of Cardiff's dealings since Tan took over are suspect, yet he is deemed "fit and proper" by the authorities.  I suspect in this case that either the insurance wasn't in place at all, or has been queried because of the circumstances; that isn't the insurance company's fault.

I think it’s a disgrace that during the initial tragedy they made it very clear that he was their player with such things as tributes along the lines of ‘we never got to see you play but you will always be a blue’, but all of a sudden, now they think the dust has settled and they can weasel their way out of it, they’re claiming he wasn’t. Well, what’s it to be Cardiff, now you’ve milked the worldwide publicity for your club? It’s just got a really vile vibe about it.

I should imagine that the non payment is being driven by Cardiff’s insurers who would have told them not to make any payments until they’re satisfied that they’re liable, this is how the insurers normally work isn’t it?

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

They say fans get the club they deserve, well seemingly that's the case with Cardiff ...

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206106&sid=8ce829c89dbf0495c46852fe90fec78a

It starts off well but quickly descends...

Couple of insensitive comments particularly the guy who suggests it was breach of contract for him not to attend training after he was deceased. The rest however seem to concentrate on the legal issues/insurance aspect.

Cardiff are suing their brokers, not the insurers, for failing to place the cover. It was always possible that there was no cover in place (see my comment above) and now we know why. As to whose fault that is, I guess we let the court decide, as it will depend entirely on what was agreed between the club and their brokers.

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Cardiff are suing their brokers, not the insurers, for failing to place the cover. It was always possible that there was no cover in place (see my comment above) and now we know why. As to whose fault that is, I guess we let the court decide, as it will depend entirely on what was agreed between the club and their brokers.

Thanks for the clarification. Insurance isn't a speciality of mine.

I would think it is incumbent on the insuree (if that is the correct term) to  establish that it's broker is aware of any new details, such as a new player

As you say, the courts will decide 

They fact that they emailed them to tell them to include him on the insurance after the plane went missing sounds like pretty damning evidence against Cardiff in this case. 

All in all they have not come out of this looking good at all...

19 hours ago, cornish sam said:

They fact that they emailed them to tell them to include him on the insurance after the plane went missing sounds like pretty damning evidence against Cardiff in this case. 

All in all they have not come out of this looking good at all...

The whole Sala Saga stinks of greed, corner  cutting and attempted  ar5e covering. Football transfers at their finest.