Sign in to follow this  
ruudyforcity

We've lost more of our first 22 matches this season than we did last year

Not sure if it''s been mentioned somewhere else on this site before, but I can''t believe we''ve lost more matches in the championship than we did in the premiership.  There was no real shame in losing 10 of our first 22 matches in the prem, especially when you consider that the defeats were against the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.  However, when you look at the pap teams that we''ve lost against this year it really is beyond a joke.  Take a look at the list, who here would have thought (at the start of the season) that we''d have lost to any of them?  maybe Wolves away and Saints at home if you were being really pessimistic, but Luton, Sheff Wed and Millwall?  This isn''t me having a short memory which Worthy seems to think disgruntled city fans have at present, the majority of teams we''ve lost to so far this season I would have expected us to beat 5 years ago!  They''re not exactly world beaters are they? 

First 22matches premiership 2004/5
defeats = 10
lost to:

Man Utd
Arsenal
Liverpool (home and away)
Everton
Charlton
Fulham
Chelsea
Tottenham
Middlesbrough

First 22matches championship 2005/06
defeats = 11

lost to:
Southampton
Leeds
Stoke
Watford
Reading
Luton
QPR
Sheff Wed
Wolves
Millwall
Derby

I think we''re paying the price for buying extremely badly over the last two years.  Ashton and Safri excepted the rest have been a major let down. 

Hey ho, for what it''s worth, my choice for next managerial team would be Bobby Robson with Roy Keane as his assistant! (ha ha!)  or more realisticly - Tony Mowbray, who is doing a fantastic job up at Hibs and is playing good football whilst not being afraid to give the kids a chance.

OTBC

Ruudy