Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Kemar Roofe injured

Bad news for him and Leeds, who is their next best striker? Potentially bad news for us too if they don’t take points of other teams in the top 6.

Not denouncing him as a striker, but is Bamford a good fit for the Leeds way of playing? Roofe seemed to fit their style very well. Is it similar (attitude aside) to an Oliveira/Norwich situation?

I'm sure they will cope but will miss roofes energy.  Hopefully pukki stays fit, but this is why I'm surprised at 4-0 We didn't rest pukki for 30mins, and give the other strikers proper game time.

Anything helps he’s one of those strikers who gives his all like holty a pain in backside striker 

1 hour ago, Grando said:

Presumably you don't take off a man on the verge of a hatrick was the thinking...

....that being the case why doesn’t he then take the gilt-edged opportunity from the penalty spot?  Pukki should’ve taken the pen and then gone for a rest.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

....that being the case why doesn’t he then take the gilt-edged opportunity from the penalty spot?  Pukki should’ve taken the pen and then gone for a rest.

That was my thinking. Perfect chance for hat trick but why risk him after 3 games in 6 days.

But if Farke took every decision based on my thoughts we would be below Ipswich...

He has been a positive for Leeds and tends to be in and around the right area ..... Will be a miss for them. Like us though someone will have to step up.

Glad we have had Teemu fit this season ( apart from a brief gap). Still think we need another deputy in his style of play. Not seen quite enough of Denis yet but think he is in another mould, Rhodes likewise. Saying all this I was struggling to think of another like Pukki this weekend speaking with my son. We couldn't think easily about another just like him. He is Mr Clinical and so mobile & industrious. A joy to watch too off the ball with his runs.

I don't like to see anyone injured, especially long term, seems to me Roofe got off to a flyer at the start of the season. Reading Leeds' MB's after our game, there was a few suggestions that he should be withdrawn for Bamford and wasn't as effective as he had been. Good player, hope he recovers soon. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think Farke, with the benefit of hindsight, said as much himself.

Roofe is a cracking player.. Sincerely hope he makes a full recovery, but in a purely cynical NCFC perspective, it is good news that Leeds will have to do without him. They don't really have anybody like him and he fits their style so well. I feel this will cost them points, regardless of who they stick on to replace him.

Edited by kick it off