Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Bristol City

4 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Lots of chasing and pressing with good movement and counter attacking. However, we are the best team in the league.

👍 But "the best team in the league" still got beat 3:0 by Preston, who are currently chasing Bristol's coat tails. Should be a great game.

16 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Come on Westy, it was 3-1!

:classic_biggrin: I now have to make sure every post confirms that minorities are always wrong .......... 

14 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

They are a fickle bunch of fans. They wanted to sack Lee Johnson prior to this run as they were pretty woeful. Now of course they are nailed on champions.

Wasn't that a similar situation with a certain Daniel Farke not so long ago ? 😀

Looking around other fans' sites, Norwich seem to be current favourites to go up and the team that others fear the most. With Leitner probably back in the team, Trybull in the form of his life and our attack, I just can't see us getting beat. Bristol will be more worried about us than we them. But we do need to come out on the front foot from the first minute.

Away wins at Brum, Stoke and Forest and away draw at Derby suggests  definite  good form away so City will need to be at there best to overcome this side. Could well be our toughest match of the final 13 left and with just 3 points seperating the top 4 teams its not a good time to be dropping points. Bristol themselves could  smash their way into the top if they beat City and win their two matches in hand.

But its going to be a humongous scrap and its just  fantastic to be in the mix.

westcoastcanary

• Long distance plastic
  • westcoastcanary
  •  
23 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We got our passing game back against Bolton, I hope it continues against Bristol City - then we will win. 

As though it's entirely down to us whether we "lose" our passing game or "get it back"? I'd say a big part of the question is whether Bristol are Preston or Bolton. 

If we out pass Bristol we will win !

Edited by SwindonCanary

They are in great form and this will be a very tough game as was the game down at their place. One thing I find vaguely encouraging is that their recent run of away form  appears to have been primarily built on grinding out relatively tight victories by the odd goal which suggests that they are not playing expansively away from home. the reason i find this encouraging is that i think its the teams that go at us and run at our defence who tend to cause us the most problems whereas those who sit in and try and keep it tight tend to get opened up eventually. I fancy us to score at last one against any team in the league and usually teams need to score 2 or 3 to beat us this season. Bristol's recent record suggests their defence rather than their goal threat is their strength.

• Like 1

Great form against the divisions lesser lights not so clever against better clubs. And away form much poorer than home form.  Still to play NCFC Sheff U PNE Boro Villa Hull away Derby and WBA at home.  Will do well to stay in Play Off position.  hope away form stays poor.

They also have to play Leeds at home.  Their fixtures since the mid-point haven’t seen them play so many sides in the top half but you still have to play well to win.