Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Other Clubs Forums

Only one link per club? As it is, other club's supporters will never have the benefit of morty's trenchant comments (or the half of Fenway Frank's) ........... 😜

Me too. Out of interest, Badger, did you just read the colourful list of club names? Or did you read every single post on all 23 message boards? I simply am asking.

Interesting having a nose reading some Sheff Utd and Hull City comments and a few talk about how many loans signings we have within our team! Off the top of my head from last night all i can remember was Jordan (bench) and Felix who rarely sees a great deal of first team football. Wonder who they assume we have here on loan.

28 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Interesting having a nose reading some Sheff Utd and Hull City comments and a few talk about how many loans signings we have within our team! Off the top of my head from last night all i can remember was Jordan (bench) and Felix who rarely sees a great deal of first team football. Wonder who they assume we have here on loan.

Perhaps they've got confused and are thinking back to the Roeder era... (shudders)

Where on earth would they get the idea that we are full of loans?  Foreigners yes, but definitely not loans - we’re probably in among the lowest loan-users in the league this season.

Always entertaining to read the Leeds and Sheff Utd boards. We are an ‘arrogant’ bunch apparently because, just like many of their supporters, we feel confident our tespective team have a fantastic chance of autos. I can actually remember reading from Leeds supporters on social media back in September how they’d already won the league! Their arrogance had no bounds, so now they are angry with us as currently they are eating the first few slices of humble pie. And it did make me laugh when a Sheffield United supporter called us a ‘small club’ in comparison to themselves - for the record, they have 4 FA Cup wins to our 2 League Cups, and have won the league an incredible 4 times including the Football League North, League 2 and League 1 - not to mention the equivalent of the Premier League back in 1898 when Marty McFly flew his DeLorean to the Wild West - Glorious! I look forward to these footballing behemoths gracing their rightful stage next season, the Premier League, for their 200 year old birthday celebrations! As for Leeds, they seem to take great pleasure that many fanatical die hard supporters of Manchester United and Liverpool, from good old working class Northern towns such as Torquay and Swanage, are raving about how great Leeds are again for the first time in about 20 years. As it happens, I agree - spygate aside, they have generally been very good and the top 3 are rightfully in the battle for the title. But I would have thought they would be secure enough in their knowledge that they are a footballing giant to the over 35’s of Great Britain, without having to receive pats on the back from supporters of teams that have never once been to Old Trafford or Anfield, but do have a duvet cover from the club shop. An inferiority complex of truly big clubs perhaps, because that’s how it comes across?

I too couldn’t believe reading the Shef Utd forum and their beliefs that they are such a big club and we’re such a small tinpot club. I’m in my early 40s and I can’t ever remember Shef Utd being on my radar watching football. They are not even the biggest team in Sheffield ffs!! As for Leeds I had to laugh at a comment by one of their fans on waccoe, he states that he can’t ever remember us being in a memorable PL match! How about when we tonked you 4-0 at Ellend  road? Was that not memorable enough for you?

Edited by JF

Good grief, those Blades fans are an entitled bunch. I cannot believe the views on there! I have seen a few Leeds convos and yeah they are arrogant, noisy and largely blowhard, but that was a completely different level. Hope the Whites **** them tomorrow.

I have noticed that the Leeds fans are still waiting for us to go through our ‘bad patch’ (August, anybody?). Apparently, it’s something that we have to go through (do we?).

What they don’t realise, and this will not make good reading for those wearing a flat cap, is that arguably we are probably going through it right now, if you like.

But the difference is that we seem to always find a way to win. And dare I say it, but that’s generally the mark of true Champions. Bring on the last 9 games 🥊🏆

OTBC

On 15/03/2019 at 13:38, CanaryChris said:

Good grief, those Blades fans are an entitled bunch. I cannot believe the views on there! I have seen a few Leeds convos and yeah they are arrogant, noisy and largely blowhard, but that was a completely different level. Hope the Whites **** them tomorrow.

Trouble is, Leeds fans are as bad if not worse, they're under the impression that Man U and Liverpool have been waiting all these years to re establish  the rivalries that they enjoyed back in the 70s and 80s. Meanwhile,  the rest of the world has moved on. 

• Haha 1

The guy on the Sheffield United forum that's living in Norfolk talking about cocky Norwich fans, what is he on? Completely the opposite where I work, wonder if it's just his workmates giving him the biggun because he's a blunt.

Another talking about a lack of depth in our squad, completely ignoring the fact that most clubs in this division would love our bench as the spine of their team (minus mcgov).

My favourite of all though are those speaking about the foreign influence on our club as if it's a negative. If they do get up it won't be long before they're wishing they had a few Leitner, Vrancic or Buendias on their books.

Thick northerners. 😉

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Trouble is, Leeds fans are as bad if not worse, they're under the impression that Man U and Liverpool have been waiting all these years to re establish  the rivalries that they enjoyed back in the 70s and 80s. Meanwhile,  the rest of the world has moved on. 

Brilliant analogy, SR! I have read the suggestion that should you ask a teenager from outside of Leeds about this ‘giant club ‘, most responses will be ‘WHO???!’. They have been outside of the top flight for so long that they just aren’t relevant anymore! But they live in some bizarre world where they think Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd etc will collectively form a guard of honour the moment they return to the Premier League.

And they call us delusional... 😂😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Brilliant analogy, SR! I have read the suggestion that should you ask a teenager from outside of Leeds about this ‘giant club ‘, most responses will be ‘WHO???!’. They have been outside of the top flight for so long that they just aren’t relevant anymore! But they live in some bizarre world where they think Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd etc will collectively form a guard of honour the moment they return to the Premier League.

And they call us delusional... 😂😂😂😂

Clearly the billionaire owners and mega stars of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will be beside themselves in anticipation at the prospect of facing the mighty Leeds United 😂 What’s that you said Hazard “who”? These are the champions of Europe don’t you know! Utterly delusional to believe they will be anything more than just another championship team trying to stay up

• Thanks 1