Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

So, Leitner

8 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Everyone's prerogative Lakey.

By the way, surely you've acquired some Cummerlan dialect from your sojourn up there. Don't tell me you still call a stream a stream and not a beck! 😉 :classic_biggrin:

No, still a norfolk boy at heart.....there's no place like yam........

Leitner would be exactly the type we need for Bristol City. His vision could really set the tempo against a team used to having their own way, such is their good play.

I suspect unless he is 100% we might not risk him starting straight away. The business end of the season is approaching and we need him for the whole of that. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the answer is substitutions of Leitner or MacLean or vice versa during games to keep them both match sharp, with a bias towards Leitner for the tougher matches. I'd definitely like to minimise the risk of Leitner being injured as the season comes towards the end so he's available for the real crunch occasions. 

Just looking at whoscored and they reckon that leitner had 39 passes in the 10 minutes he was on, only 2 Bolton players had more in the 90 minutes!

Also, they reckon trybull only made 144 passes, but, the second and third highest passes in our team were Godfrey and Zimmerman with 101 and 75 respectively. 101 passes by a central defender is quite frankly insane, but says so much about why Hanley hasn't had a look in since regaining fitness...

Didn't Godfrey have that 70 yard run as well, with no Bolton player able to get anywhere near him?

Looks like a real player, especially in our system. I can see why Farke rates him so highly.