Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Mark Rivers Commentary

Mark Rivers has been singing our praises all afternoon. He will say it as it is so, if he thinks we have a superb team then we may be onto something very good this season and next.

I believe this is one of the best all round teams I have seen NCFC have so buckle in and lets enjoy the ride!

OTBC

Anyone see Parkinson's interview?

"We got beaten by an outstanding team today. Sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and they were absolutely outstanding as they have been all season.

"Some of the goals they scored were right out of the top drawer.

"We can always do better but everything has to be perfect to get a result against a team like Norwich."

• Like 2

The football that we've been playing has been absolutely beautiful. Such a joy to watch us work the ball around the pitch and then with a quick pass or two we're in on goal and finishing strong.

• Like 1

Strange last year was, at times difficult to watch and the contrast to this season is stunning. Really looking forward to the last quarter of this campaign.

Some great games coming up me thinks.

• Like 1

Rivo definitely my favourite co-commentator.

Also loved this from the Bolton forum:

Norwich have just reminded me how beautiful football can be.

Please please please can we attempt to be a pound shop version of them in league 1?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We have had some great eras, in my time alone in supporting City (since the mid 70s) in terms of great football, but this season, I genuinely believe, is the best I have ever seen from a Norwich team. It's just awesome. It's precise, the movement off the ball is amazing, the calmness under pressure etc, just fantastic.

I keep harping back to that first half an hour against Derby, where we made a good side look clueless, and I cannot recall a better period of football (considering the level of opposition) but  I will certainly stand corrected by those that go to away games etc (Leeds?)

• Like 1

A couple of times I've seen our style compared to that of a shark circling its prey. A good simile I think.

And if we're a shark, then Teemu is the teeth ...

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Read the other day that sharks have 2 penises, which players would be those?

Don't think we've got any - perhaps we're a female shark? Just as deadly I believe.

Redmond's goal against Middlesbrough in the playoff final was a pretty special team effort, but this is the first time I think we've seen that kind of movement, passing and finishing repeated on a regular basis. i.e. every week and more than once in a game?

• Like 1

Always enjoyed Mark’s playing during another good spell in our clubs history, he often popped up with crucial goals, and I think he’s a fantastic commentator too, top draw - he always says it like he sees it 👍

And yes, this is the closest I’ve ever seen us playing to (dare I say it) Barcelona, our play is so slick and clever - it will take some serious stopping to deny us top spot this season. And I genuinely don’t think anyone can 🥇🏆

We are awesome at times and make the opposition look clueless. Last season I said to my dad we look like a sh** arsenal. 

This has been fantastic so many players upping their game.

At times we look like we are trying to make the perfect team goal and my word some of them have been fabulous.

OTBC

Edited by yellowandgreen

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Read the other day that sharks have 2 penises, which players would be those?

Ben Godfrey - there was a reason why Chambers was having a good feel. 😉

Been out with some Blades fans tonight and they have conceded that we are a very good side.  Man, that is a big statement, and almost accepting we have their number.  But no more Prestons' please ...

Mark Rivers is a straight talker and has been critical as well and encouraging in his assessments in the past which I like.

I often have one ear to the commentary on the radio when watching at Carrow rd and I think Greg Downs is probably my favourite pundit. Again good commentator and describes it as it is without the fluff.

Rivvo is class. Enthusiastic about Norwich but calls it as it is. Doesn't make it about himself.

Rewatching the highlights there are several candidates for GOTS right there but the third probably shades it 😏

Actually it reminds me of how good Matthews was for them in goal, kept the scores down to a respectable level (ish).