Jump to content

Recommended Posts

(L)1pswich 24 goals

Pukki 23 goals

what's the betting on him hitting 30 goals & a hatrick today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff - can’t help but think he should be our penalty taker; swapping every time someone misses seems bizarre (and think how many he could’ve had).  When you think Sharp takes them for Sheff U, Teemu is all the more impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was classic Pukki all game. Intelligent diagonal runs, close control and devastating finishes. His touch from Zimbo for his second even before his chip was a delight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fondly remember back to hearing the Farke rap for the first time

’that Pukki look like he might get a few’

I never thought he’d be the first choice striker when there’s Rhodes in the squad, but what a season he’s having. It’s not luck either, he’s scored a range of goals and the movement to create them for himself is top class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, duke63 said:

His second goal today was absolute top drawer. Pure genus.

To be honest Duke I thought his first goal was one of the best striker's goals I've ever seen. Pace through the middle, magnificent touch, perfect cut in, eyes to the keeper, and the finish. All in the blink of an eye.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is one heck of a finisher.

Those goals on MOTD would have the so called pundits frothing at the mouth .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Tea said:

He is one heck of a finisher.

Those goals on MOTD would have the so called pundits frothing at the mouth .

 

Hope he gets the chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely love Pukki. I dont think anyone anticipated him turning into quite the player he has. Testament to what Farke is doing at the club, every single player is improving and the system he has imposed on the team is not just a joy to watch but its also an incredibly bold strategy in this league. I cant remember a team playing football the way we do in the Championship and being successful. The recruitment has been eye watering. Leitner, Buendia, Zimmermann, Pukki and Trybull for a total of about 4mill is unreal business.

Pukki is quite simply the best pure finisher we've had since Bellamy. He has a lot to his game and brings lots of different attributes to the team. The way he took both goals yesterday was outstanding. When you consider the sums villa spent to get a 20 goal a season striker (Hogan, Kodjia, Fatty McCormack), it shows how tough it is to find someone like Teemu and the fact that we didnt pay a penny for him is astonishing.

I actually feel that this team could hold their own in the Prem, and with one or two class additions could really do some damage. Pukki is so clinical that i would back him to return a decent goal haul at that level too.

Pukki is definitely right up there as one of my favourite all time canaries. Not just for the goals but the way he plays and what he brings to the team.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

The recruitment has been eye watering. Leitner, Buendia, Zimmermann, Pukki and Trybull for a total of about 4mill is unreal business.

 

If there's 1p5wich fans reading this they're gonna be really sick. 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

If there's 1p5wich fans reading this they're gonna be really sick. 🤮

Quite. 

However, even they will acknowledge we have invested in an effective scouting system and it has obviously paid off.

Teemu Pukki is in his late 20s, so in his prime. Could be a good few seasons for him and us coming up.

Much like a certain Mr Holt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

That's what is the down side to pukki never blue ,we will struggle to hang onto him in the summer the better he gets 

So, would you prefer that he got worse? 

Nice day today, but it will rain eventually.

Remind me to invite you over sometime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is how much of an impact will he make if we do go up, in the premiership? I’m confident if we get promoted we’ll pretty much have all our players for another season unless an absolutely massive bid came in.

He’s certainly made a huge impact this season, I’d love to see him top 30 goals this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indy said:

The question is how much of an impact will he make if we do go up, in the premiership? I’m confident if we get promoted we’ll pretty much have all our players for another season unless an absolutely massive bid came in.

He’s certainly made a huge impact this season, I’d love to see him top 30 goals this year.

Thats more how i see it Indy.  He has 13 games to get another 7 goals, it has taken him 33 games to get 23, so , if he keeps up the GPG he'll get another 9 or so. TEEEEEEEEMMUUU !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, East Rider said:

Quite. 

However, even they will acknowledge we have invested in an effective scouting system and it has obviously paid off.

Teemu Pukki is in his late 20s, so in his prime. Could be a good few seasons for him and us coming up.

Much like a certain Mr Holt. 

likewise with the coaching staff

too any players have improved/developed dramatically for that not to have been part of it as well

 

ps enjoy L1, Matt Gill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

A striker who never has a header ? He must be rubbish.....😉

He did chest one in against QPR though in our 1-0 win away at QPR.

McClaren called it a lucky win for us but it was that particular game that first gave me the inkling that we might after all be something special this season as some of our passing football was excellent.

The goal may have been fortunate, but it was certainly no 'lucky' win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

He did chest one in against QPR though in our 1-0 win away at QPR.

McClaren called it a lucky win for us but it was that particular game that first gave me the inkling that we might after all be something special this season as some of our passing football was excellent.

The goal may have been fortunate, but it was certainly no 'lucky' win.

There was nothing fortunate about the goal against QPR - he simply puts the ball in the net, with whatever part of the body is easiest to do it with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...