Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Bolton*****

We haven't had any bad players this season, that's why we're top. Tettey started slow after missing all of pre season, Marshal wasn't up to standard playing out of position but we really haven't had any Marley Watkins or James Husbands this season

Just back from the game... Live in the north so a relatively easy journey, made easier by the lack of home traffic! 

First half we played some superb football. I can't remember ever seeing Norwich being so dominant, it really could have been 5 or 6 at half time. Kenny Mclean made a big difference, and he used the time afforded to him to set the tempo and pick passes out to Buendia and Hernandez who were unplayable. 

Pukki's finishing was incredible. He scored two with superb finishes, but every thing else he hit seem to be on target too. If we've had a better finisher at this club, then I don't remember him. 

Second half we took our foot off the pedal for the last half hour, but the game was won. We still had chances to score more, and every time we came forward we looked dangerous. Yes it was only Bolton, but you can only beat what's in front of you. And Norwich did that emphatically in every sense today. Even the Bolton fans started a round of ole's with Norwich in possession! 

MOM - Tom Trybull. This man was immense today, and a big reason Mclean was able to flourish. He literally won everything on the deck and in the air. Fantastic to see Leitner back, but the partnership of Mclean and Trybull really worked today, and they both deserve to keep their place. Anyway Tommy must be next in line to take a penalty........

Great win. OTBC. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Great result. Baggies and Blades win as well. It's mighty tight at the top. Big game next weekend! 

Couple of huge games next weekend - ours and Sheffield United v West Brom. Leeds have Bolton at home. Then it’s Leeds v West Brom the following weekend. We could be battling it out with West Brom rather than Leeds and the Blades by then.

Wednesday night was a blessing in disguise I reckon. 

We know what we have to do.

Bring on Bristol City. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Really harsh buddy

Leitner and Tettey looked good when we won 4-0 at Sheff Weds. You may just as well say we looked good that day without McLean or Trybull.

I think we're lucky to have them all and I love how players wait for a chance and then make a real claim for the shirt 

I did say the last two games! And then I also said I might be being harsh, but today we did look more (sounded for me) more fluid from back to front and it’s pretty much the same team for the past three games. First half against the binners we were comfortable, then when Tettey came on looked a little slow moving the ball forward and Wednesday again very poor.

like I said just being a tad critical but it sounded and from the highlights looked brilliant today’s and agree wholeheartedly we are lucky to have so many good players all stepping up when given their chance, credit to McLean today, took his chance.

like I said maybe too critical on Tettey, still a very good player with a part to play hopefully, injury not too bad.

@ncfcnumbers
Tom Trybull completed more passes today (153) than any other Norwich City player has even attempted in a match since passing stats began #ncfc 
9:15 am - 16 Feb 2019

Like I said earlier, Bolton's limitations allowed DF to set us up to play 4:1:4:1 rather than looking for a straight replacement for Vrancic/Leitner in our normal 4:2:3:1, TT was tasked with patrolling more or less singlehandedly across in front of the back four, while also acting as the pivot. Hence those numbers.

Thanks Pirata👍 Missed all the coverage today, goals look amazing but really can’t belive we missed another pen. Buy hey as I think Butler tweeted, we would be better off passing back to the goalie from a pen and build it from there😀

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I did say the last two games!

Yes, but then Tettey was only just back from injury and would probably not have played much of a role in either game had Vrancic not been injured. He was a fixture in the starting eleven throughout the period in the first half of the season when we went on the run where we were accumulating 2.4 points per game -- Championship winning form!

Fair point, I did say hopefully he’ll have part to play! Just an observation regardless of match fitness others like McLean haven’t been regular and made a decent impact.

• Like 1

Good report that, cheers Westcoast👍 Good to see him recognise the quality of Stiepermann.