ricardo

Are You Norwich?

Born and bred in Naaaarwich - the year that Arsenal beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final:classic_smile:

Used to work with loads of colleagues from 'darn the Smoke' and they'd never heard of the word 'squit'  :classic_rolleyes:

19 hours ago, ricardo said:

Mine was Norfolk and Suffolk.

I think it was Bishybarnybee  and Dodderman that nailed it😀

I saw dodderman when I did it. Along with everyone else in England I thougth WTF? Then saw it was Scotland and a small bit of East Anglia.

Weirdos...

I grew up in North Norfolk and Norwich, but lived in London for a long period and still visit regularly to see friends and relatives.

map.jpeg.eab3193327c3b86f283ee5d43a45e558.jpeg

Born in Cornwall, Dad joined the RAF when I was 5 years old from then on it was all over the country moving every 2 years until at 11 When I came to Norwich where I stayed until I left school and joined the Royal Navy mixing with mates from all over the country but all leave was taken in Norwich.  After leaving the RN I moved to Swindon (To marry the girl of my dreams !) I've lived in Swindon for 30+ years now and don't have any sign of an accent - So why did it have me around the Nottingham area ?

Spot on for me. Norwich. My nickname at school was "Bishy". Small like a bishybarnybee.