ricardo

Are You Norwich?

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Mine looks like a vicious nosebleed

Mine was Norfolk and Suffolk.

I think it was Bishybarnybee  and Dodderman that nailed it😀

I work with about 50 other people. One day I went round and asked as many of them as I could if they knew what a bishy barny bee was. Only 5 or 6 knew

16 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I work with about 50 other people. One day I went round and asked as many of them as I could if they knew what a bishy barny bee was. Only 5 or 6 knew

I have a free period on Friday afternoon and I'm probably less productive than that on average. Good effort. I have no idea what it means but I've lived in the Midlands all my life.

Norwich born and bred but lived up north for over 40 years and I'm no longer an offcumden here!

Born in Cornwall, moved around a lot as a kid. Had spells in Northamptonshire and Perthshire before moving to Norfolk when I was about 12. Always thought my accent was pretty much one of a generic southerner and this agrees.

TwDc0NU.png

It showed me as much more south, but I have been down this way (Surrey) 30 years now.  I do call them Bishy Barny bees though, to strange looks from many.....

Edited by Branston Pickle

Pretty accurate. Southeast corner as well.

What do people call the game 'paper,scissors,stone' in their areas, if different?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

What do people call the game 'paper,scissors,stone' in their areas, if different?

rock paper scissors

1 hour ago, Herman said:

baw-ying-chuup

1 hour ago, Herman said:

American, but "Rock, Paper, Scissor"

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The only alternatives I've ever heard is that it's Janken to the Japanese, and Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock if you watch the Big Bang Theory.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Are they making this up?

image.png.cc45680e27df6ba26aca7eeaa282115c.png

I assume the Scots would pronounce it 'Nuss' with the vowel the same as nutella. No expertise though so a Scot's verification is needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

baw-ying-chuup

Ours must be very localised differences as others are similar. I give you the slightly iffy "chin-chan-choller", God knows where it came from and not sure if it is still used except for the older generation. Well, me.😀

Blimey!!! I'm more Ipswich than Norwich with the former (and the SE) coming out deepest red.

Sorry chaps it's 'come on you bluuuues' from me from now on.

I think WE can get a three pointer against Stoke today.

And as for those 'effin budgies!

No more postings on here from this source from now on and I'll finally have to join TWTD.

Hang on! I was born in Stracey Road virtually in sight of the Carra. Lifelong supporter and all that.The above assessment can't be right.

I need a beer to calm me down now.The prospect of being a binner has quite unsettled me.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Ick ack ock no idea why

3 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Ick ack ock no idea why

I have heard that on Hancock's Half Hour, so it could be either a Brummie or London difference.

No idea I was brought up in GY but my parents were from London and Liverpool/Leicester 

• Thanks 1

Reading????. Brought up in Norfolk ,left in my twenties, lived in the West Country since. No ladybirds but the **** question restored my Norfolk roots.

It was  reassuringly South of the line though with interesting Welsh borders, Kent and Dorset bits. 

Cheers for that my babba.

Edited by The Bristol Nest