Icecream Snow

Bolton Press Conference - Tettey potentially out for weeks

So we could go into this one with a midfield of Hernandez, Cantwell and Passlack in front of Trybull and McLean. Interesting. Or I suppose Pukki could drop deeper with Rhodes starting up top, much like how he was played at the start of the season.

If we lose Buendia and Stiepermann for Bolton as well as Tettey then my optimism is somewhat diminished!

If Stiepermann is out I could see Big Dennis getting a start (though I guess Rhodes and Puuki is more likely).

I’d like to see a back three of Hanley, Godfrey and Zimmerman, might be he time to do it with the injuries

While it is tricky, I am glad we're rejigging the lineup today rather than at half time like against Preston.

2nd half against Preston our formation as I saw it was basically Zimm, Tettey and Lewis at the back

Rhodes and Pukki up front.

Hernandez and Aarons on the flanks and Godfrey also spent most of his time on the right wing, while Buendia and Stiepermann played central midfield.

This was contributed to by the fact that Preston were penned back so much and only really attacked on the break.  But that's a lot of players who weren't in their normal positions and although we produced a lot of good attacking football, often the players weren't quite on the same wavelength and attacks broke down with misplaced passes etc or the ball being played for someone to run onto who'd stopped etc.

1 hour ago, Alfie54 said:

I’d like to see a back three of Hanley, Godfrey and Zimmerman, might be he time to do it with the injuries

Agree with this. I felt that this would have been the right approach and set-up against an attack minded, pacey Preston on their home ground and managed by a highly motivated ex City manager and only a few days after a mentally and physically sapping derby game against Ipswich managed of course by another ex City manager, the toxic Mr Bleat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alfie54 said:

I'm happy to see the same formation that has done us so well this season, but if Farke chooses to go to a back three, it does potentially free up the full backs even more than usual and also gives Godfrey the chance to get forwards in a position he is familiar with as a DM.    If indeed stiepermann and Buendia are out, this line up looks pretty good to me.....

Krul

Zimmermann Godfrey Hanley

Aarons          Trybull                   Lewis

Cantwell     Maclean    Hernandez

Pukki

• Like 1

We should still have enough in the squad to put out a decent XI, def need the likes of Mo and Klose to come back ready when the time comes.  A few injuries are inevitable and can actually help freshen things up, but having Tettey only just back and now out again is a blow. 

Shame about Tettey but Mo is probably going to be back sooner than expected. McLean could become a latter season positive. And Ben G could step forward as a DM.

My biggest concern is Buendia & to a lesser extent Stiepermann. Hope Emi is fit even for 30 minutes.

Can't wait for tomorrow and 3 points will take us top again. 

We were just getting a settled team again, but that's potentially four key players out in the last week! Hopefully Buendia and Steipermann are fit to play. Too many changes is rarely conducive to an immediate positive outcome. 

Leitner may return and Tettey’s injury may turn out to be less serious than expected and/ or Farke prefers to speak of players being injured rather than replaced.

Professional footballers are almost never completely injury-free in any case. Good, elegant management.

Parma 

Ok Farke know we play in 6 days 3 games and 2 of them away who mean much travel far from home etc.

How on earth he believe we can play all this 3 games with almost same 11 ?

Is not best chance to rotate 3 4 players on midweek and for Bolton to back them in first 11 more fresh ?

I think cant risk both Stippermann and Buendia or play them not fully fit together.

Cantwell have great game at home with Bolton he will start and also McLean only wonder if 3 players changed from PNE who will be the 3rd one

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

If we lose Buendia and Stiepermann for Bolton as well as Tettey then my optimism is somewhat diminished!

😂😂😂😂😂

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Not exactly sure what you have to laugh about. Your best player has been Freddy bloody Sears and he's now out for the season. Strange that you are coming on here to have a giggle when your best player is bang average champs quality on his best day and won't play another game for a year, and nobody else in your 11 would trouble a matchday squad for any other team in the league! 😂

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Not exactly sure what you have to laugh about. Your best player has been Freddy bloody Sears and he's now out for the season. Strange that you are coming on here to have a giggle when your best player is bang average champs quality on his best day and won't play another game for a year, and nobody else in your 11 would trouble a matchday squad for any other team in the league! 😂

I suspect JUBWICKS75 post was aimed at Hoggy kio, a carry over from an earlier thread. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

When I told you to enjoy Accrington next season, I didn't even realise they'd already beaten you once this season!

Some people would want you off our forum but your club has been a consistent source of laughter and mockery for the last 10 years and for me, well that's just great.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When I told you to enjoy Accrington next season, I didn't even realise they'd already beaten you once this season!

Some people would want you off our forum but your club has been a consistent source of laughter and mockery for the last 10 years and for me, well that's just great.

You’re joking! Oh dear, looks bad for them in L1 😏

yes i I think as long as jub is civil he should be allowed on here.

• Like 1

"Some people would want you off our forum."

True, it mostly serves little point when a rival continually  posts on his opponents forum.

Id like to know who this Ulla chap is who regularly posts on TWTD as a canary, although sometimes you have to wonder. He often seems to bend over too far backwards in order not to upset them. I just do not get the reasons behind his continuous contributions.

With this Jubbwicks individual, he is clearly so jealous and wound up by the current situation re: the respective positions of the two clubs that he cannot resist interfering with the kind of stuff you would read on TWTD in any case.There's nothing either discusive or incisive about his contribution (he's now reduced to silly rows of little faces it seems,) he's clearly not the brightest button on the officers blazer and seems unable to find more worthwhile ways to pass his time.

You are pointless binner boyoo. We can read your ****e on TWTD on a daily basis. Use your time more usefully. 

As Hoggy pointed out, you and your club are just a source of amusement at the moment. Nothing more.

I'm not wound up in the slightest by your contributions, neither should I think are others.

Just bemused.

Play Godfrey in midfield.

I feel a bit sorry for Srbeny.  Don't think he has done anything particularly wrong and I would definitely involve him against Bolton.  Think he'd do well.

Bolton are going to try and press, harry and bully us and counter-attack with pace.  Be interesting to see how Farke tries to tackle this.

Time for McLean to step up to the mark. We heard lots about him pre season. Now let's see what we signed him for.

Can take a free kick too and hopefully a penalty.

TWTD......The home for the Hapless, Hopeless and Helpless. A place for the delusional deliberations of dedicated dimwits.