Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Help please!

Just found out I can get to the Brizzle match......only very few tickets available and only one I might go for is a pitch side front row in the River End.......is it a good view or will I be surrounded by young kids??

mostly this type

image.png.7335c1399295cfc3c1ec6ddbb0551105.png

ps I think it's the old chap's son behind his carer

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

...is it a good view or will I be surrounded by young kids??

If you're surrounded by young kids you should be able to see over them. 🤪

• Like 1

and kids do tend to be young

that is one of the defining points of kids

their age 😄

Personally, i don't like the view from so low down, the pitch is almost above you, so it's difficult to get the perspective of where the ball is, especially at the other end of the pitch. There are a couple of individual seats higher up in Block T Lower River End when I looked.

You may also find that some become available next week if Bristol send any of their allocation back - mind you, they're going well, so they might sell out. 

Apologies for the sensible reply!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just found out I can get to the Brizzle match......only very few tickets available and only one I might go for is a pitch side front row in the River End.......is it a good view or will I be surrounded by young kids??

Don't go front row of the River End. You may not remember but back in the day David McNally wanted to shoehorn a few more bodies into Carrow Rd so he had an extra row of seats plonked at the front. Only problem is they had to dig down below pitch level so it's like watching football in a trench.

Handy if you enjoy a close up of the players bums otherwise nothing much else to recommend it....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I don't fancy higher up in the river end

The seats I saw were in the lower tier, so not very high up at all, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it from where you are...

42 minutes ago, Woodman said:

The seats I saw were in the lower tier, so not very high up at all, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it from where you are...

Yeah, I saw those, I quite like the idea of being on the end of a row though, which the one I bought was.  Will be interesting to be so close to the action.....

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Thanks for the replies, I don't fancy higher up in the river end so I've gorn and done it now anyway, so at least will get a close up of the goals we score.....

Wear your Ozzie hat LDC, you'll be easy to spot!!! Im over for the game and my Nephew got us a pair of Seats, together in the Watling, not sure exactly where but just knowing we have tickets has calmed me. Also just realised you said Brizzel, Im over for the Swans match so disregard the ramblings of a tired landscaper. Still, wear your hat anyway , i'll look out for you on t'telly.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am not sure that Ed Balls seat in the directors box has been used since he stood down. 😉

Its on ebay every home game now he cannot put it on expences

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Lol.  Cheers wcork, unfortunately don't have the aussie hat anymore, I'll wear something distinctive, maybe wave a flag ....or is that sort of thing frowned on in the River End??? 😲

There's been a vacancy for the ' Canary Fairy ' role for some time if that floats your boat but flag waving at the River End is probably an automatic three year ban.

That said there's some on here who would say that as you never go to games that'll make no difference to you at all......😉