Otis62

Staying in Lancashire

I read that the team will be remaining in Lancashire, just wondering what facilities will be available for them to use in regards to training etc. Or maybe they’ll just check into a spa which will hopefully rejuvenate them after having a run of matches so close together !

The Canaries will stay in the north-west after the game at Deepdale however, as they have another game in the area on Saturday, against struggling Bolton.

In the Pinkun a few days ago, maybe they changed their plans.

I thought Farke said they were staying up north when at the last press conference - which was why the whole squad went up, even those not involved v PNE. It makes good sense, it’s a long old way.

I was in the directors' box last night and was told by someone who should know that they were flying back last night, had today off, re-group on Friday and fly back then. 

Probably cost wise it's cheaper to fly than for the whole squad + all the backroom staff to stay in a hotel for 2 nights.

Can't be much more than a 30 minute flight so they were probably all tucked up in their own beds by midnight.

Maybe Preston fans were outside our Hotel on Tuesday night complete with Batucada drums a la Brasil '70 and we are trying to throw the scent off Bolton Wanderers doing the same. My tangential theory could explain our first half last night too.

Athankyu

Sherlock '70

🕵️‍♀️

At a guess, the original plan was probably to stay up there, have a training session and some team bonding before the Bolton game, but I would suspect with tonight being Valentines Day and the majority of players being married or in a relationship, they might have wanted some 'family time'... 

22 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

At a guess, the original plan was probably to stay up there, have a training session and some team bonding before the Bolton game, but I would suspect with tonight being Valentines Day and the majority of players being married or in a relationship, they might have wanted some 'family time'... 

andyc you old romantic! Are you one of those lads showing the rest of us up, with flowers, chocolates & the card waiting on the breakfast table this morning? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Probably cost wise it's cheaper to fly than for the whole squad + all the backroom staff to stay in a hotel for 2 nights.

Can't be much more than a 30 minute flight so they were probably all tucked up in their own beds by midnight.

I agree with the pricing and being cheaper than hotels for the entire squad and backroom staff. 

The trip from Preston (according to Google maps) is 46 mins (39 miles) and having flown norwich to Manchester I believe the flight is an hour. Doubt they would have the pre flight check in / delays us unwashed have to endure though

21 hours ago, wooster said:

I was in the directors' box last night and was told by someone who should know that they were flying back last night, had today off, re-group on Friday and fly back then. 

Interesting that the Punkun today still says that ‘Farke and the squad have remained in the north-west at a training base to prepare’ for the next game.

16 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

Apparently there are a few 'Lassies from Lancashire' to entertain the boys ..... strictly morally of course.

Won't we have reciprocal arrangements with other club re:training facilities?

I always feel that distance  travel of any sort is major factor in this so-called fatigue issue.

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Won't we have reciprocal arrangements with other club re:training facilities?

Leeds would love that... no need for binoculars.

Guys, I'm amazed you're not all following the players on Twittergram, I was expecting someone to say "yes they're staying at a hotel and here's a picture of what Onel had for dinner last night...".  I mean, it's 2019, how can an entire football squad disappear off the face of the earth ?

The only plausible explanation is that this "being in two places at once" thing is an elaborate cover and actually DF is a criminal mastermind and the squad are carrying out a bank heist in Las Vegas today before flying back tonight for tomorrow's game.  It's obviously really when you think about it.

7 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

The only plausible explanation is that this "being in two places at once" thing is an elaborate cover and actually DF is a criminal mastermind and the squad are carrying out a bank heist in Las Vegas today before flying back tonight for tomorrow's game.  It's obviously really when you think about it.

So in other words we are actively seeking outside investment after all ? 🤪

If (when?) we get promoted that Amanda Staveley woman is still looking to buy a Premier League team for her investment fund!:classic_sad:

11 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Had she checked how much money Prem clubs (don’t) make for their owners I wonder 

As the old joke goes. 

How do you make a small fortune out of owning a football club?

Start with a large one!

Marcus Evans cracks up everytime he hears that one.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not what this thread is about anymore but yeah, they're staying up there.

Been training at AFC Fylde by the looks of things (their twitter account), where Colin Woodthorpe (here early 90s) is assistant manager.

On 14/02/2019 at 11:26, wooster said:

They obviously didn't know 🤣 😂

3 hours ago, Aggy said:

Been training at AFC Fylde by the looks of things (their twitter account), where Colin Woodthorpe (here early 90s) is assistant manager.

All that lovely bracing sea air and handy for a knees-up in Blackpool after the game.

What more could they want ?