Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Rudd brilliant then a complete disgrace - dreadful cheating and play acting

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Tell me more....

Go to the planner, on channel 403, select the live game and it'll bring up the other games, then record the one you want.

• Like 1

Have to agree that Rudd has made a tool of himself there. The same as Stiepermann did at the weekend. Pushed in the chest to the ground and he’s on the floor apparently knocked out for a couple of minutes. I suggest that after his football career is over he doesn’t follow in Mckenzie’s and Flintoff’s footsteps and try his hand at boxing...

Presumably you do what needs to be done to win a football match. For those of us at Sheffield Utd away last season it was hugely entertaining to see a Norwich side do what Preston did to us last night. Preston did a job on us - good luck to them. What’s important is ensuring the win on Saturday now.

Agree with this JF after all is said and done. Good comparison with Stiepermann.

On to the next game.

Norfolk white - yes I was at the game , 20 yards from the incident in question - most people were not there , and missed how Rudd looked and behaved after the incident, this is not sour grapes about losing, Preston were excellent first half, and dogged ( a touch lucky) second. In that form none of our rivals will find it easy at their place. And yes Krul would waste time and play up, it this was a more cynical attempt to get a player sent off, a deliberate blatant act of cheating. I applaud the ref ( he didn’t do much else right) for seeing through it. 

By the agree with Stiepermann comparison that was disgrace as well - but this felt a lot worse ( yes I am biased Norwich fan) having played at good levels myself for 20+ years I can judge when the level of cheating goes well beyond acceptability. Mr Rudd will not be welcome at my garden party! - true he won’t lose sleep over that! But it’s a shame in my view his antics soured his legacy!!!

49 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Agreed,  a lot of melts around today. 

The consolation of losing is that we get to see old friends again. I worry about people when they go missing...

13 hours ago, king canary said:

What Aarons did was far more unnecessary.

Not at all - Aarons' was an instant and instinctive reaction to Rudd punching the ball away, unwise to react to the provocation certainly but with no real malice.

Rudd's cheating was deliberate and prolonged, great shame really because I liked him when he was here and he certainly played well last night but both his timewasting and attempt to get Aarons sent off were embarassing and a disgrace - he was lucky to get away with a yellow.

I thought we'd made a mistake letting him go rather than giving him a proper chance to establish himself in our first team but after last night I'm thinking we got it right after all.

Rhino1, I think you need to get a grip.

A frustrated Rudd conceding his clean sheet in the 93rd minute punched the ball into the stand and rightfully got booked for that. In response Aarons full force pushed him in the chest and probably should've seen red for it. Okay Rudd laid on the floor for a couple minutes (more likely trying to avoid the ref's attention), again any player would do the same.

And yes he also took his time over goal kicks etc throughout the game - something Krul also does very well when we are winning.

After the final whistle, Rudd held up his hands to the away support and clapped them. 

Edited by The Engineer

32 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

both his timewasting and attempt to get Aarons sent off were embarassing and a disgrace

Get a grip- we had Stiepermann doing similar on Sunday and we wasted all the time possible v Sheffield United not long ago. 

Although Aarons risked worse than a booking, I am sort of glad that he did it. I like players who show a bit of spirit, for some it is in their DNA and makes them the player they are.

I don't like what Krul does, I often think it comes back to bite you, and you want to see football played and I always want the clock to give us time to score more goals, but obviously the coaching staff do. Remember when we used to say "Johnny Foreigner's" first thought was to cheat because us stiff upper lip chaps play by the rules?

After the Dwight Gayle incident, is anyone really convinced that if he gets punished it will stop it?

Max will get a talking to from DF no doubt but I don't want to see aggression or spirit taken from his game. Luckily, as an old Dinosaur, I don't get emotional when we lose as I was brought up with it, but I can see why some would want "one of our own" tried for treason.

44 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Rhino1, I think you need to get a grip.

A frustrated Rudd conceding his clean sheet in the 93rd minute punched the ball into the stand and rightfully got booked for that. In response Aarons full force pushed him in the chest and probably should've seen red for it. Okay Rudd laid on the floor for a couple minutes (more likely trying to avoid the ref's attention), again any player would do the same.

And yes he also took his time over goal kicks etc throughout the game - something Krul also does very well when we are winning.

After the final whistle, Rudd held up his hands to the away support and clapped them. 

Riiiight… so he laid down to avoid the ref's attention.  Of course, refs never pay attention to a player who's on the floor laid out full length with his hands to his face.  That's perfectly logical.

3 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Norfolk white - yes I was at the game , 20 yards from the incident in question - most people were not there , and missed how Rudd looked and behaved after the incident, this is not sour grapes about losing, Preston were excellent first half, and dogged ( a touch lucky) second. In that form none of our rivals will find it easy at their place. And yes Krul would waste time and play up, it this was a more cynical attempt to get a player sent off, a deliberate blatant act of cheating. I applaud the ref ( he didn’t do much else right) for seeing through it. 

So you live up north then?  I didn't see any cheating taking place only a frustrated goalie for not keeping a clean sheet at the death and a frustrated full-back who went over to the goalie after he threw the ball away and pushed him two handed on to the ground and according to Radio Norfolk last night could easily have seen a red card waved his way.   

I presume you didn't go to Bramall Lane last season and see all of the time wasting and, as the Blades fans said, cheating by the City players, although I have to say whilst I saw a lot of time wasting from early on I saw no cheating although you must have thought the same way as the Blades fans if you thought Rudd was cheating or is it still sour grapes from you?

9 minutes ago, Norfolk White said:

I didn't see any cheating taking place only a frustrated goalie for not keeping a clean sheet at the death and a frustrated full-back who went over to the goalie after he threw the ball away and pushed him two handed on to the ground and according to Radio Norfolk last night could easily have seen a red card waved his way.

It depends if you define time wasting as cheating- Rudd was certainly time wasting (if it was just frustration he's not punching it away from all the Norwich players) with what he did but it is hardly the awful act some of those clutching their pearls on here are making out.

Think a lot of what Rudd did was some sort of act of revenge on us seeing as how we barely gave him a chance while he was here.

And who can blame him.

I bet he loved the moment as most people in a similar situation would.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Riiiight… so he laid down to avoid the ref's attention.  Of course, refs never pay attention to a player who's on the floor laid out full length with his hands to his face.  That's perfectly logical.

Well, a bit of avoidance as he knew he was on for a booking, and obviously to make Aarons look worse. Regardless, even if Rudd got straight up to his feet Aarons should've gone...

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

No one's denying that Preston didn't do well although they didn't outplay us for any more than 30 minutes of the game.

Did we outplay M'Boro when we beat them at Wembley? 

2 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Did we outplay M'Boro when we beat them at Wembley? 

Outplay? Not sure but we wre comfortable. If i remember correctly possession was pretty even. But boro only ever had one shot on target in that entire game I think. Not really comparable to yesterday's game.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Outplay? Not sure but we wre comfortable. If i remember correctly possession was pretty even. But boro only ever had one shot on target in that entire game I think. Not really comparable to yesterday's game.

I think the two had a lot in common, including that the winners were managed by Alex Neil. His post-match summary could have been about the game at Wembley. 

I'd also say that Preston were comfortable, even when we were throwing everything at them. They didn't panic, they kept their shape, they pressured, tackled and blocked, and Rudd saved when we did get through. 

Edited by westcoastcanary
Added second paragraph.

Jeez I don't know how some of you snowflakes survive. It's a full contact sport in a physical league with a bit of skulduggery thrown in and long may it continue. An absolute nothing incident.

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

No one's denying that Preston didn't do well although they didn't outplay us for any more than 30 minutes of the game.

Sounds like Norwich's performance on Sunday 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'll take the liberty of answering for Hoggy:

"Touché"

(Sorry Hoggy, couldn't resist ......... :classic_biggrin:)

5 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Norwich last night: 10 shots on target 

Jubster's binners on Sunday: 2 shots on target.

Jubster's binners last 3 games: 9 shots on target.

23 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Straws. Clutching. Desperately.

Have fun at Accrington.