Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Rudd brilliant then a complete disgrace - dreadful cheating and play acting

Rudd was superb at keeping our ball out of the net, several excellent saves, then he let himself down completely , when he deliberately tried to get Arrons sent off, complete and utter cheat! Any admiration I had for was lost in that moment , he was a disgrace - best thing the ref did all day , was to book him. He them got it from the city fans, “cheat” “cheat” - how to alienate yourself from fans that admired and respected him I’m one moment of complet3 stupidity !!!!

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Utterly unnecessary, too - but that’s pro footballers for you.

What Aarons did was far more unnecessary.

• Like 1

Yes. I thought Rudd was made from a different mindset to that. Odd to show disrespect to the away fans who have applauded you. As BP said he is just a modern day cynical footballer and lacks something. It was unnecessary. He had a great game apart from that weird behaviour.

Just now, Rhino1 said:

Rubbish - Rudd refused to give him the ball, what planet are you on ?

Rudd had already punched the ball away- Aarons then steamed into him. There wasn't a ball to get back.

Yes Aarons was annoyed and his actions were also ill-considered. All the half he was putting the ball on the spot for Rudd to take. Rudd did everything in real slow motion. Being a bit of an a*se. 

• Like 1

I saw Rudd punch the ball away, but averted my gaze and did not see exactly how much contact Aarons made with Rudd. 

Can someone explain exactly what Aarons did, and did the contact warrant Rudd lying poleaxed for a minute?

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yes Aarons was annoyed and his actions were also ill-considered. All the half he was putting the ball on the spot for Rudd to take. Rudd did everything in real slow motion. Being a bit of an a*se. 

Let's not act like Krul wouldn't do the exact same thing in that situation.

• Like 2

Yes Arrons showed some frustration , but it was a gentle push, Rudd lay there if he had been shoot by a sniper - simply cheating , yes Arrons was silly but purely borne from frustration , and rightly booked, but to play act like Rudd was cheating at the highest level, and a disgrace —- no city legacy for him in my view , Just a ****!!!!

5 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Yes Arrons showed some frustration , but it was a gentle push, Rudd lay there if he had been shoot by a sniper - simply cheating , yes Arrons was silly but purely borne from frustration , and rightly booked, but to play act like Rudd was cheating at the highest level, and a disgrace —- no city legacy for him in my view , Just a ****!!!!

Due to sky's red button I haven't had the benefit of a replay but in real time it looked more than a gentle push and more like he bundled Rudd over. 

I stand by what I said on the other threat- if a Preston player does that to Krul we're screaming for a red.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Due to sky's red button I haven't had the benefit of a replay but in real time it looked more than a gentle push and more like he bundled Rudd over. 

I stand by what I said on the other threat- if a Preston player does that to Krul we're screaming for a red.

absolute nonsense !

Rudd should never have hit the ball out of play, Aarons was close enough to grab the ball to it was hardly some assault which Rudd made it look like

two very shameful acts

as to real shoving that was apparent when the Preston players were trying to shield th ball in the dying moments by shoving City players back

that foul play should have been stopped and a free kick given to City

I'm getting a strong taste of sour grapes on this and other threads. Preston did a job on us, just like we have done to others throughout the season. Their task was made easier by the absence of Vrancic in particular, but they outplayed the team we put in front of them. They are one of the top two form teams in the league. Give them their due.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Rudd was superb at keeping our ball out of the net, several excellent saves, then he let himself down completely , when he deliberately tried to get Arrons sent off, complete and utter cheat! Any admiration I had for was lost in that moment , he was a disgrace - best thing the ref did all day , was to book him. He them got it from the city fans, “cheat” “cheat” - how to alienate yourself from fans that admired and respected him I’m one moment of complet3 stupidity !!!!

I know you are upset by the defeat but you sound like a right mard ****.  If this had happened at the other end and Norwich had been 3-1 up you would have been screaming like a girl for the Preston player to be sent off.

Anyway, City are still in an automatic position so calm down and I suggest you sleep on it before posting if it upsets you so much.

• Like 1

I suggest Norfolk White - if you were there and saw it in person , I would accept your opinion, but I strongly suspect, you didn’t take the drive to support your team, and are commenting without having fully seen the incident - in which case I suggest , politely you go away !!!!

I don't seem to be the only one disagreeing with you though and it has been shown very clearly on the TV.  BTW did you go tonight to support your team?

Edited by Norfolk White

Brilliant by Rudd.......could be Preston's De Gea :classic_smile:

Seriously though, he wasn't good enough for Neil at Norwich.....but when fit is his first choice goalie at Preston.......funny how things work in football..... 

All a bit of nothing and pretty pathetic by both of them. Both probably deserved a yellow. Aarons’ push was far more than a gentle shove, off the ball, which is a yellow  anywhere. Rudd punching the ball out also probably a yellow and going down holding his face (when he had just been shoved in the chest) is also quite embarrassing. 

Not really any need for any of it at that stage of the game.

8 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

I'm getting a strong taste of sour grapes on this and other threads. Preston did a job on us, just like we have done to others throughout the season. Their task was made easier by the absence of Vrancic in particular, but they outplayed the team we put in front of them. They are one of the top two form teams in the league. Give them their due.

No one's denying that Preston didn't do well although they didn't outplay us for any more than 30 minutes of the game.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

This is standard practice in football nowadays, we do it every week, waste time, wind the opposition up when we are in front, get over it. Nobody mentions Krul's time wasting. It unfortunately is the face of modern football so please stop whinge ins like spoilt kids because we lost. On to the next game for another three points we hope.

Happens every week,

Keeper holds on to ball

Opposition player tries to take it from him

Handbags out

Move on

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Due to sky's red button I haven't had the benefit of a replay

King, you can record the match from the red button via Sky sports Football channel.  Then you can pause, rewind etc. The only problem is you have to put up with the terrible camera work and shocking commentary - its Try-bull not Trebor!

On Rudd, I hadn't realised he's 28, only 2 years younger than Krul.  Played well last night (Rudd, that is...).

5 minutes ago, Woodman said:

King, you can record the match from the red button via Sky sports Football channel.  Then you can pause, rewind etc.

Tell me more....