Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Strong words from Farke...

#ncfc DF: 'first 20 mins killed us. This is a difficult place to come. I thought their pen was a complete joke from the ref.'

#ncfc DF: 'We get a pen and it could a red card for their player.'

Not sure I agree about a red for Pearson though.

Edited by king canary

8 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

He was right about there pen, no chance was that a pen he put Tom Daley to shame  with that dive 

Do you think that like Gayle, he will be guilty of successfully deceiving the referee then?

I might suggest everyone should watch the SKY highlights then......Buendia lifts his right arm into the Preston guys neck and leans into him, because he is trying to catch him up having allowed him to run off him - the same fault as the last one he gave away. Definite penalty. 

Also think Pearsons tackle was close to reckless - would have been a red in the PL. But then so would Aarons hands into Rudds face.

We just weren't on it tonight. Some of our best players had off nights - Stiepermann, Tettey, Trybull and our defending of set pieces is still awful.

My view wasn’t great as I was quite high up the stand behind the goal but my immediate reaction was that it was a penalty.

if we’d scored our penalty it would have been a very different game of course. I couldn’t see enough of the challenge except that our player seemed to be completely taken out but from the far end I couldn’t see if it should have been a red.

its nonsense to compare that with the Aarons push because if Preston had been down to 10 men from 35 minutes or whenever it was I can’t see them keeping us from scoring the way they did. Aarons’ push was from frustration that Preston were trying to stop the game restarting after we’d scored in injury time, and the defender had thrown the ball to Rudd rather than returning it. If Preston had been playing most of the game with 10 men it’s very unlikely the situation would have been the same by then. Technically a red but I think the ref made allowances for the fact that it was in no way malicious and the goalkeeper provoked it by trying to delay the restart.

Edited by It's Character Forming

11 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Not like DF. He needs his usual clear head to get us through this period with neither Vrancic nor Leitner available.

Slight concern. Immediately after criticising lambert for a lack of class, complaining about officiating and decisions is probably not wise. I did expect a little bit of praise towards Alex Neil and Preston, who lets face it, got it spot on and deserved to win. 

I have every confidence that Farke will remain positive and maintain the feel good factor within the dressing room. Last nights result isn't hugely significant in the grand scheme of things. It may actually be blessing in disguise. What is important is mental recovery for the challenge on Saturday. No doubt, fatigue in this area was a contributing factor last night. And understandable too given the high profile games recently. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 3

What he said was hardly a rant at the ref.

I thought it could have gone either way but can see why the ref gave it. You do want to see your players being aggressive in the tackle without fouling hopefully. Buendia does seem to have lifted his arm but remember he is a bit smaller and when a stronger bigger player using his size to his advantage, what is a smaller bloke supposed to do. Personally in a utopian world I would have said "good tackle" but of course we now live in a world of "he was entitled to go down, there was contact".

Soon it will be more like five a side. No ball above head height anyone?

It’s a soft penalty and certainly not a stonewall one, sometimes they get given, sometimes they don’t. I’d have been screaming for it if it were for us though. Equally, players have been sent off for the challenge for our penalty, but for me it’s a yellow and the penalty is enough punishment. 

Ours was never a penalty. Preston player got to the ball first, if anything Hernandez had time to pull out of his challenge, so you could argue that the correct outcome would have been a Preston free kick.

Their's wasn't a penalty either, it wasn't a push, both players were shoulder to shoulder as is allowed and the Preston player has thrown himself to the floor. As there was contact (despite what every pundit says, contact does not automatically equal foul) he'll get away with the dive but you're pretty naive if you don't think it was one.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Their's wasn't a penalty either, it wasn't a push, both players were shoulder to shoulder as is allowed and the Preston player has thrown himself to the floor. As there was contact (despite what every pundit says, contact does not automatically equal foul) he'll get away with the dive but you're pretty naive if you don't think it was one.

You have a funny idea of shoulder to shoulder. The Preston player had got himself slightly ahead of Emi and was favourite to get to the ball. Such contact as there was (looked slight but definite contact nevertheless), was on the player's back. 

I thought the penalty given against us was harsh to be honest but its the second needless penalty Buendia has given away in a month in almost identical circumstances and he needs to stop making those sort of challenges in those situations. The one against Sheffield United was particularly stupid and costly as we were in complete control of that game up until he gave that goal away.

Of course had we scored our penalty then I would hope the momentum from that would have seen us come out after half time and get at least a point but it was not our night last night and our penalty record is something that really needs to be sorted out. 

Given the high probability of a penalty being scored, I simply don't understand why players don't hold back in situations like Emi's where, on both occasions, the attacker has got the better of him. However threatening the situation is, there is always a chance that the chance will be fluffed, and if it's the sort of chance almost beyond being fluffed, conceding a penalty is likely to be accompanied by a red card. Goalkeepers in particular seem prone to headlessness in these situations. Better to go one down with eleven men than one down with ten. Play the percentages!

Edited by westcoastcanary
Typo

30 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Given the high probability of a penalty being scored, I simply don't understand why players don't hold back in situations like Emi's where, on both occasions, the attacker has got the better of him. However threatening the situation is, there is always a chance that the chance will be fluffed, and if it's the sort of chance almost beyond being fluffed, conceding a penalty is likely to be accompanied by a red card. Goalkeepers in particular seem prone to headlessness in these situations. Better to go one down with eleven men than one down with ten. Play the percentages!

Good point well made, except the percentages don't seem to apply to our penalty takers.

"(looked slight but definite contact nevertheless)"

Contact does not automatically mean foul. Stop falling for the trap the modern pundits set.

It was a blatant dive.