Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

Gentlemen- I smell a rat...

Have you noticed how ''Justalady''  has suddenly popped up today after the latest fiasco at ''No Pride'' Park?

The first post is full of generalised comments, and seems to come from someone who implies she doesn''t really know much about football (any more than she believes we do....)  [;)]

1. .... Why do men ( i assume you are mainly all men) find the need to confuse football with politics, none of you are actually pro footballers, none of you seem to have any qualifications to justify the points you put across, and i suspect none of you have ever managed a football team.  What is wrong with just letting them get on with it!  No one drags the money out of your pockets for your tickets, no one holds you to ransom for your contributions to the players wages, you do it of your own free will...

Her second post, however, is very knowledgeable - clearly from someone ''in the know'' or even, dare I say, ''on the inside track'':

2. .....if everyone thinks that selling ashton is the answer, think again. we would have to pay a sell on to crewe, pay for Worthy''s removal, buy a replacement and then think about using the pittence left to buy new players.

I conclude we have been infiltrated by one of the following:

a) Delia

b) Mrs Worthless

c) Delia

d) Karren Brady (spying for Steve Bruce...)

e) Neil Doncaster

f) Gabby Logan (looking for a good story...)

g) Delia

h) Roger Mumby or

i) Delia

In an effort to expose who the infiltator is, the Pink''Un may need to insist that on correspondents disclosing their true identity immediately.

In a sprirt of openness, I will begin:  my real name is Percy Varco.

Apart from our female correspondent (who I look forward to hearing more from - especially if it''s Roger Mumby), I''d also like to know who are you, First Wizard?  My guess is you''re really Bobby Chase (as both his friends like to call him).  Am I right?....or am I right?   [:D]

[quote user="Oso Butch"]I''d also like to

know who are you, First Wizard?  My guess is you''re really Bobby

Chase (as both his friends like to call him).  Am I

right?....or am I right?   [:D]
[/quote]

You''re kidding right?

Much as I have my differences with the parody of himself that Wizard

had become, theres no way Chase could construct sentences using,

for the most part, legible English.

Have you forgotten the cringe inducing press conferences?

Such short memories.

That horrible excuse for a chairman did more to cement the image of carrot crunchers than 100 singing postmen could manage :)

If I remember, it went something like this.... We used to sing it in the bath after the game, accompanied by a small band of invited supporters who used to bring us bars of Lifeboy soap so we could have a good scrub up and go home clean (we only got about 7/6d a week - that''s 32 pence in today''s money).  

And, do you know, the bath was so small, only 5 of us could sit down at the same time... Those who stood up sang the chorus, and those who sat down sang the verses.  How the supporters loved it!  Happy days!   [;)]

On the days to call, which we have left behind,
Our boyhood’s glorious game,
And our youthful vigour has declined
With its mirth and its lonesome end;
You will think of the time, the happy time,
Its memories fond recall
When in the bloom of your youthful prime
We’ve kept upon the ball

Kick off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;
On the ball, City, never mind the danger,
Steady on, now’s your chance,
Hurrah! We’ve scored a goal.

Let all tonight then drink with me
To the football game we love,
And wish it may successful be
As other games of old,
And in one grand united toast
Join player, game and song
And fondly pledge your pride and toast
Success to the City club.

Kick off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,
Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;
On the ball, City, never mind the danger,
Steady on, now’s your chance,
Hurrah! We’ve scored a goal.

Oso:

Sorry to dissapoint you but no, I''m not Bob Chase (I''ve still got the horse foot prints down my back gained during the ''Chase Out'' demo''s to prove it) On the orignal justalady thread I too said afternoon to Delia!.

Like you, I''m very guarded as to just who ''just a lady'' really is. I''m almost certain its linked to the club in some capacity.

Mind you, you could be Bob Chase couldn''t you  OSO?.

No. I myself am not Bobby Chase, but I am a Norfolk Man.

My only genuine claim to fame is that, in about 1956/57, I sat on my Grandad''s knee (a lifelong Canary supporter from about 1911) as he sang into a NCFC tape-recorder microphone to resurrect our anthem ''On the Ball, City'', which had effectively been forgotten by then. The tape was then played at every home game at Carrer Rud until the fans got to know it again.

A year later, OTBC was centre stage during the great FA Cup run of ''58/59.

The rest, as they say, is history. Unless the tape went up in flames when the old wooden stand burned down in October 1984, there''s a reel-to-reel tape in the NCFC archives somewhere with my dear ol'' Grandad singing on it.

Reminiscence over...!!!  [8-|]

All the best

Percy