Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

iFollow Stream

I follow worked for me, though a bit more fuzzy than usual. Wonder if that's due to my new "faster" fibre connection 

Mine was rubbish, not clear, pausing, high speed catching up. And works out at nearly€12 !!! Vastly inferior to sky on now TV ... which is cheaper. Will only use again if all else fails.

I use it nearly all the time. It is a kind of conscience thing. I assume the club gets some money from it so it is my contribution from 400 miles away.

The stream did go a bit fuzzy and it is not the great picture I expected but good enough and I'm sure as with any media it will improve the more that use it.

If you are using it it appears you don't need a VPN anymore but you have to rid your PC of Adblockers etc, clear your cache and reboot your browser for the best results.

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Mine was rubbish, not clear, pausing, high speed catching up. And works out at nearly€12 !!! Vastly inferior to sky on now TV ... which is cheaper. Will only use again if all else fails.

Interesting... Was the €12 just for the one-off match pass?  Where were you watching from?  I paid £5, watching from Indonesia on holiday, and had perfectly good reception other than a couple of 10-second freeze-ups in the first half which might have been more to do with the local internet than iFollow. 

Interested to see what people get charged from different parts of the world and if a VPN makes a difference - I usually tune in from Korea, costs £5 a match and 95% of the time seems to work fine with no VPN needed, although I do now have to disable the Adblocker. 

I use iFollow for all the matches they stream. The picture quality is good for the vast majority of the time, with some slight variation between one venue and another (which suggests iFollow has more reliance on the local club infrastructure than would a big broadcaster such as Sky). Any fuzziness I get is down to my broadband connection (it might surprise a lot of people if they knew how far behind the latest standards much of the USA's technological infrastructure has fallen -- one of the problems of being first and ahead of the rest at the beginning). Where iFollow is most deficient is in such things as replays, close ups, and variety of camera angle; when there's a break in play you often get the camera panning to the corner flag!  Re-watching the Ipswich game on iFollow, when Vrancic was being treated, there was a lengthy period where the camera just showed the ball sitting on the centre spot while players strolled about and flapped their arms trying to keep warm!

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I use it nearly all the time. It is a kind of conscience thing. I assume the club gets some money from it so it is my contribution from 400 miles away.

The stream did go a bit fuzzy and it is not the great picture I expected but good enough and I'm sure as with any media it will improve the more that use it.

If you are using it it appears you don't need a VPN anymore but you have to rid your PC of Adblockers etc, clear your cache and reboot your browser for the best results.

What a cracking  sentence! I wonder what football fans from 15+ years ago would think it meant?!?!:classic_unsure:

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

What a cracking  sentence! I wonder what football fans from 15+ years ago think it meant?!?!:classic_unsure:

:classic_biggrin: Exactly what it says! Mind you, I'm speaking for fans from 50+ years ago ...........................

Edited by westcoastcanary
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

Interesting... Was the €12 just for the one-off match pass?  Where were you watching from?  I paid £5, watching from Indonesia on holiday, and had perfectly good reception other than a couple of 10-second freeze-ups in the first half which might have been more to do with the local internet than iFollow. 

Interested to see what people get charged from different parts of the world and if a VPN makes a difference - I usually tune in from Korea, costs £5 a match and 95% of the time seems to work fine with no VPN needed, although I do now have to disable the Adblocker. 

Sorry for late reply Andy,been busy. everything is legit in my set up for ifolllow. I am in the republic of Ireland, not using vpn, no adblocker, my broadband is by line of sight shot 20 to 30 Mb. Yep one off match pass which despite an English Tenner being around 11 euro , ends up showing up on my card statement at around€12.50.

On 14/02/2019 at 16:47, keelansgrandad said:

Just to clarify for anyone confused by this info - You do not need a VPN if it kicks off at any time except 3pm on a Saturday. For 3pm Sat kick offs, a VPN is 100% required.

Edited by kick it off

If it’s your broadband provider’s turn to be pants on match day, choosing between iFollow and Now tv is a bit like asking a condemned man to pick between strychnine and cyanide.

1 hour ago, crispeduk said:

If it’s your broadband provider’s turn to be pants on match day, choosing between iFollow and Now tv is a bit like asking a condemned man to pick between strychnine and cyanide.

Not in my experience, Now tv wins hands down, everytime. If i could get a bonafide quality stream from the club i would happily pay a fiver a game. The future of broadcasting is these microtransactions. Gaming is already at it, big time, Footy has been slow to react.

Depends on where you are with the VPN for 3pm games I think - I'm guessing it's only within Europe as I don't need it in Asia (watched the Bolton game without one). Amazing that they're charging €12.50 for a match pass in Ireland though... how can they justify charging 2.5x the price between different countries?!  @wcorkcanary might be worth you trying the VPN next time and telling it you're in Asia somewhere, see if you get charged a fiver instead? Or maybe it's linked to what card you have linked to the account? Or maybe Delia just likes me more than she does you? 😛 

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

ifollow has been rock solid every time I've used it here in France. 16mbps ADSL connection and using Safari on OSX Mojave. 

Blimey, what's that in English? 🤪

By the number of views yesterday I suspect a fair number were watching via the 'BBC'

Bill's Broadcasting Company 😉

4 hours ago, Bill said:

By the number of views yesterday I suspect a fair number were watching via the 'BBC'

Bill's Broadcasting Company 😉

I thought it was the XYZ!   But thanks for the tip.