Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Dear Mr Declan Rudd

Should have been send off for hitting the ball into the stand after City scored - with a underarm punch

Bizarre refereeing at times

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Should have been send off for hitting the ball into the stand after City scored - with a underarm punch

That has never, even been a red card offence...

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

Good little keeper, felt was a little hard done by here by Neil.

Certainly better than any keeper we currently have.

I was right behind the goal - Rudd was inspired but the completely let himself down, trying to get Arrons sent off, total disgusting cheating, he was being treated with respect until that point, no longer he is a disgrace!!!!!

2 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

I was right behind the goal - Rudd was inspired but the completely let himself down, trying to get Arrons sent off, total disgusting cheating, he was being treated with respect until that point, no longer he is a disgrace!!!!!

Rudd played a blinder tonight and as for trying to get Aaron's sent off, give over if anyone tried to get Aaron's sent off it was Aaron's himself for his stupidity.  Seems like sour grapes on your behalf

Rudd got booked rightly, Aarons was lucky to only get booked.

Overall, Preston were very impressive and the match stats do not reflect their dominance of the game, at least as I saw it.

12 hours ago, Bill said:

Bizarre is the word but not about the referee! When has kicking or throwing the ball away ever been a red card? It’s a bookable offence, which is what he got.

Sensible piece of refereeing in my view - he saw Rudd punch the ball away (yellow card), then saw the silly push from Aarons (yellow card). Don't like the over-reaction from Rudd, holding his head when Aarons pushed him in the chest.

As per the Dwight Gayle thread, I wonder how long it'll be before someone who feigns injury from a shove in the chest gets an FA charge.

11 hours ago, JF said:

Bizarre is the word but not about the referee! When has kicking or throwing the ball away ever been a red card? It’s a bookable offence, which is what he got.

True, but he should then have got a second yellow for the cynical and prolonged simulation which followed.

19 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

True, but he should then have got a second yellow for the cynical and prolonged simulation which followed.

No referee is ever sending a player off for those two incidents, especially when they have happened simultaneously 

2 minutes ago, JF said:

No referee is ever sending a player off for those two incidents, especially when they have happened simultaneously 

Well they clearly didn't happen simultaneously, they happened sequentially and there must have been a good minute or two between him punching the ball away and the end of his play acting. Must admit I would have been very surprised if the ref had booked him twice but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it - there were two clear and distinct yellow card offences (three if you add the time wasting to the simulation although they were simultaneous!).

Frankly I think we would get rid of a lot of problems in football if referees would simply apply the rules instead of applying their 'interpretation' of them, not least because of the huge differences in interpretation we see from different referees. Of course the football authorities could also help by making the rules simpler and more enforceable - reverting to the old offside rule and getting rid of the 'active/inactive' nonsense would be a good start!

There was also a red card offence from Aaron’s if you want it played by the book. I’d say the referee handled it very sensibly. This being up in arms over his play acting by some of our fans is coming across as sour grapes, especially on the back of Stiepermann’s play acting in the Ipswich match 3 days earlier 

29 minutes ago, JF said:

There was also a red card offence from Aaron’s if you want it played by the book. I’d say the referee handled it very sensibly. This being up in arms over his play acting by some of our fans is coming across as sour grapes, especially on the back of Stiepermann’s play acting in the Ipswich match 3 days earlier 

I don't see it as sour grapes at all - I think many of us are simply sick to the back teeth of the cynical cheating (whoever it comes from) that we see most weeks.

The only difference last night IMO was it was especially unfortunate that an ex-Canary who played really well against us which most of our fans acknowledged, then quite cynically cheated in order to get to try and get one of our players sent off. That in itself is nothing unusual, but its very disappointing when the player is/was one of ours and one which I liked/respected and in any case his actions were utterly unnecessary with the game already won - is trying to cheat so ingrained into some of our professional footballers that they do it at every opportunity even when they have very little if anything to gain from it??

Edited by Creative Midfielder

On 13/02/2019 at 22:00, king canary said:

Not sure about that...

Well our man between the sticks (who apparently I'm not allowed to criticise) had yet another night of doing sweet fa apart from diving about like a lunatic and shouting at people.

5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Well our man between the sticks (who apparently I'm not allowed to criticise) had yet another night of doing sweet fa apart from diving about like a lunatic and shouting at people.

Would you prefer him to stand still and say nothing sgnfc???

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Would you prefer him to stand still and say nothing sgnfc???

I'd prefer him to have a lot more games like Declan Rudd had. Because that's what goalkeepers with promotion chasing teams are supposed to do. Then maybe this "passion" and "committment" that everyone seems so in love with him for would have some meaning.

30 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'd prefer him to have a lot more games like Declan Rudd had. Because that's what goalkeepers with promotion chasing teams are supposed to do. Then maybe this "passion" and "committment" that everyone seems so in love with him for would have some meaning.

Er......right............has he run over your cat by any chance? Stolen your partner from you maybe? 

17 hours ago, sgncfc said:

No one is actually saying he is our best ever keeper. But right now, at this moment, considering our options and position financially, he is a good goalkeeper for us. 

Declan Rudd is clearly a good keeper on his day. He had his chances with us (not sure he took it) and then left for pastures new. However he is not in a top two team chasing promotion, albeit he has a superb game against us, and good luck to him.

I hear your displeasure at TK, what therefore is your solution?