Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

You would hope so. I don't know how far away from match fitness Leitner is. But if he's not ready for Bolton, McLean deserves a chance to start.

I wonder if we might see Rhodes and Pukki start v Bolton.

We didn't have Leitner or Vrancic. Tettey with either of those has been just fine. Surely Trybul was in the Vrancic/Leitner position today. 

Farke soon saw it and changed shape with Trybul replaced at HT.

• Like 1

OK, so it was not our night. Second half we dominated but didn't have the bit of luck needed with efforts off the line but overall we lacked the energy to turn it round. Full credit to the lads for competing to the end and another nice strike from Teemu. Important to pick ourselves up and win at Bolton. Three points from two away games is better than two draws. There will be plenty more twists and turns before the season is concluded.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, unique said:

At least The Tettey and Trybull combination should be dead and buried.

I hope so because if we keep both in Bolton could do what Preston did tonight. Strange decision to give the captain's armband to Tettey as Zimmermann has been immense since he was given it. Hopefully a one off game and normal service to resume on Sat.

Having Rhodes there as an outlet made a huge difference 2nd half. Meant Preston couldn't press us as hard like in the first half. Not sure Bolton have the personell to do that. Think they will be more kick and rush with some dangerous big defenders. Our normal game will be far more suited to playing them.

As for Tettey, I honestly didn't think he was bad tonight. He looked very useful 2nd half

• Like 1

Hey WCC

just back from the game , feeling for those who have to travel the full distance back to Norwich and are probably still a fair way from home!

im afraid I’m turning in as I’m up again for work in 6 hours! I’ll probably try to pick up the main points tomorrow, there were certainly plenty of incidents!!

7 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Having Rhodes there as an outlet made a huge difference 2nd half. Meant Preston couldn't press us as hard like in the first half. Not sure Bolton have the personell to do that. Think they will be more kick and rush with some dangerous big defenders. Our normal game will be far more suited to playing them.

As for Tettey, I honestly didn't think he was bad tonight. He looked very useful 2nd half

I thought Rhodes was awful.

5 minutes ago, Excited Canary said:

I thought Rhodes was awful.

Not saying he was good or bad, just saying he made a difference just with us having that long ball outlet 2nd half

Really wasn't our night was it?

Was impressed with Preston's start - we couldn't get a foothold in the game after they scored the first. 

Their pen looked like one in realtime to me but on replay not so sure. But irrespective, once we retained possession a bit and started moving them around we won our penalty - I guess the fact we've missed so many is psychologically causing more problems.

Second half I thought we were very good and Farke's change of formation and personnel resulted in us being camped in their half. Rudd was good and they defended in numbers and we couldn't quite get that opening.

Nice to see us committed and going for it 92 minutes into a game and 3-0 down. Credit to the guys for that and we move onto the next one.

We were poor again, I wrote that our passing was poor in the Derby and it continued into last nights match, we did improve in the second half, but by then it was too late. Let's start on the front foot, improve our passing from the start against Bolton or we will will get turned over again !

11 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Adams never missed a penalty for us, when he played all those seasons ago.... 🙂

And he was at the game last night.

Interesting. Just watched the penalty incidents on some highlights

And both could be differently interpreted on another occasion/different ref.

Emi is a bit unlucky (or naive). He gets too close to the attacker, so when he turns inside Emi can't move out of the way & in trying to turn his elbow comes round & makes contact. He's not elbowing him, it's actually the opposite, but, just as everyone's going to believe you've been punched if you throw your chin at somebody's fist (don't try this at home folks!) it looks like a foul.

For Onel's penalty I think the PNE defender actually gets there first, but he does it in a reckless way which could have been dangerous (although I think Onel saw it coming & got his legs out of the way). Probably not a pen. in the good old days :classic_smile:

Incidentally I don't think that was such a bad effort by Marco as a good save by Declan. A bit lower/harder/closer to the corner would have done it, but it wasn't the worst I've seen by a long chalk. Given our previous efforts I think he was playing a bit safe to make sure it was at least on target.

Sccoring from pens.is a real jinx for us at the moment. God knows how we get our collective head round it.

21 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I don't think that was such a bad effort by Marco as a good save by Declan. A bit lower/harder/closer to the corner would have done it

So basically if he'd hit it entirely differently 😉

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

So basically if he'd hit it entirely differently 😉

I'm talking 6 inches lower, wider, a few m.p.h. faster. That's not entirely differently (e.g. trickling down the centre).:classic_smile:

Edited by ron obvious

Just now, ron obvious said:

I'm talking 6 inches lower, wider, a few m.p.h. faster. That's not entirely differently (e.g. trickling down the centre).

As penalty efforts go, it was one of the better ones recently, but that's quite a low bar !  Their one showed that if you hit it with plenty of power, it doesn't matter if it's a bit close to the keeper etc.

Stiepermann's penalty would have been fine if the goalie had dived the other way but it was easily readable. You can see from how he sets himself up exactly where it was going so it was a poor penalty.

Why, when the man is on fire in front of goal, is Pukki not taking penalties.

Edited by Making Plans

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Stiepermann's penalty would have been fine if the goalie had dived the other way but it was easily readable. You can see from how he sets himself up exactly where it was going so it was a poor penalty.

Why, when the man is on fire in front of goal, is Pukki not taking penalties.

Unfortunately his penalty against Millwall was basically a back pass for the keeper.  Yes, it's bizarre that you'd bet on him to score anything like that from open play, but from the spot he fluffed it.

On 13/02/2019 at 20:25, Il Pirata said:

Against? I can't remember him taking one. 

Millwall.
Are you unable to use Google ? I found that out in about 50 seconds.

2 hours ago, K Lo said:

Millwall.
Are you unable to use Google ? I found that out in about 50 seconds.

I got the answer on this thread very quickly after posing the question. I do quite like the idea of interacting with fellow Norwich City fans, rather than just typing questions into Google. 

I find your reply quite baffling to be honest, not to mention a little pointless. But thank you anyway!