Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

26 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Trybull and Tettey shocking

Are you watching the game then? 

28 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Global conversion rate is around 83%. Missing the number we have defies ****ing science.

I think we're the reason the global average is as low as 83%.

Honestly, you'd think this wouldn't be a problem with this many Germans in the squad. 

• Haha 1

I'm just back from work and so disappointed to see the score ... perhaps following us now I can send some positive vibes and we can get an early goal this half

Tettey and Trybull were our best midfield pairing last year; I can't believe they've forgotten how to play with each other. Both haven't played a huge number of games recently. Combine that with a good Preston side and quite a few of the rest of our team not on top form and you get the first half we've just had. Remember, we weren't exactly great against Ipswich.

Keep the faith my yellow brothers and sisters, still 45 minutes for us to do what we do best.

OTBC

February was always goimg to be a tough month. We need to stay in contention and go again when out first choice players are back. We don't have a lot of quality on the bench right now to change things, unless we go more direct.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Tettey and Trybull were our best midfield pairing last year; I can't believe they've forgotten how to play with each other. Both haven't played a huge number of games recently. Combine that with a good Preston side and quite a few of the rest of our team not on top form and you get the first half we've just had. Remember, we weren't exactly great against Ipswich.

Keep the faith my yellow brothers and sisters, still 45 minutes for us to do what we do best.

OTBC

They were in a different system last season. Essentially their job was to screen the back 4 so that Maddison and to a lesser extent Murphy could attack without having to worry about cover. In this system we need our midfielders to move the ball swiftly and get up and down the field.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

February was always goimg to be a tough month. We need to stay in contention and go again when out first choice players are back. We don't have a lot of quality on the bench right now to change things, unless we go more direct.

This.

be interesting what Farke has said over HT and how we react.

3 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Ipswich have equalised against Frank Lampard's Derby Frank Lampard of Lampard's Derby

I want to like this, but obviously that would be wrong. 😆

Remembering our ability to chuck away two goal leads under Neil and the fact Preston are playing into our hands by camping in their own box is giving me hope.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I want to like this, but obviously that would be wrong. 😆

Reading are winning so scummers still losing ground. 

We are swarming all over. Penning Preston in. We need a breakthrough.

Amazing save again

Just now, king canary said:

They were in a different system last season. Essentially their job was to screen the back 4 so that Maddison and to a lesser extent Murphy could attack without having to worry about cover. In this system we need our midfielders to move the ball swiftly and get up and down the field.

Whether 2 or 3 CD at the back, this year or last, Tetty is normally the more reserved/defensive of any pairing. The other CM has always been more aggressive in whatever system we've played. The aim of the systems haven't changed - create over loads in midfield to generate first paced transitions of play. Tonight: 1) they weren't coping with Preston's pace 2) have a lack of creatively/oversight in midfield 3) Aren't playing well!! 😞

....that said we seem to be playing a lot better now any way!!!!

OTBC