Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 29

Image may contain: 18 people, including Emma Marie Fletcher, Eddie Edwards, John Tilson, Helen Twiddy and Ryan Twiddy, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus

This week we have Crabbycanary3 picking the final six result. Crabby is a brilliant supporter of all we do on these threads helping raise so much for our wonderful DS boys and girls. Crabby has four wins when making the Norwich picks and I’ve been looking forward to his week since last year when Rennes let him down resulting in a very unlucky 5/6. So let’s help Crabby go one better this year with your best selections, from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend listed on the Bill Hill or Bet 365 sites.

Making the final picks for our game at Bolton we have Swindoncanary. Swindon’s another great supporter of our Rays Funds threads as well as being one of our great clubs exiled army as every game is an away game for him. He already has a win on Ray’s signature for winning the six results so lets give him some great suggestions to help him to a signature double. Swindon, you have a tenner to spend split however you choose between the PUPs suggestions and your own.

Here’s the provisional rota for March. Please confirm the dates with your selections.

Six Results

02/03/19 – Mandie Moo

09/03/19 – Leedscanary

16/03/19 – DJ11

23/03/19 – Nutty Nigel

30/03/19 – KiwiScot

Norwich Selections

02/03/19 – Gregt

09/03/19 – Special Guest

16/03/19 – Kathy

23/03/19 – Internationals

30/03/19 – Diane

Now A word about one of our intrepid PUPs. Graham Humphrey is going to take on the Coastal Walk Challenge for the CSF. For those who don't know, it's a 47-mile walk from Hunstanton to Cromer and takes place on the 14th June. He has a Virgin Money page and would appreciate any sponsorship we could give. : -

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=GrahamHumphrey&pageUrl=1

We would like to say a massive thank you to these companies who support our work to raise funds for the CSF and our wonderful Downe's Syndrome Team of boys and girls : -

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

If any other companies out there would also like to support our efforts, we'll be happy to add you to our list of links on this thread every week.

So now I’ll hand the thread over to Crabbycanary and Swindoncanary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Jeff and Martin ... the thread is yours.......🙃.............

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P'boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,5, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,3, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,3, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010,3, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity,2, Diesel Doris,2, Lessingham Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,3, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing Sid, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £2744 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010,2, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2, Crabbycanary,4, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,2, Woostercanary,3, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty,4, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,3, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,2, Molly Windley, 93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Diane, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2, Graham Humphrey,3, Diesel Doris,3, Duncan Edwards,3, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2, I’m A Banana, ZLF,2, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs, First Wazzock,2, Baldyboy, Len, Jamie Abbott,2, King Canary,2, Hissing Sid,2, Hammond1612,2, Lessingham Canary, Indy_Bones, KiwiScot, Crafty Canary,GMF, Mandie Moo, Hansterbubble, Herman, Lincsy, yes PUPs £1622 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with Both Teams To Score bets £126

And in honour and remembrance of much loved PUP Chellecity £431 (Of which £50 was donated to SarcomaUK).

And £55 to Prostate Cancer UK with Keelansgrandad.

And with £4391 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships donations and competitions we now have a total of £11,437 since we began £1,844 of which is already banked for the next presentation.

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

Avoiding the potential pitfalls of the FA Cup with a trip to Holland this week.

Heerenveen (15th, 1-4-5 15-24 home) v PSV Eindhoven (Top, 7-2-1 28-10) - Away Win

And for the match bet, HT/FT Draw/City

Best of luck Crabby, Swindon and all you PUPs 

A very good evening to you Nutty and good luck to Crabby, Swindon and all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Jockland for me and a HOME WIN for ABERDEEN v St Mirren.

For the City game Hernandez to score 2 or more goals.

Thanks Nutty and feeling privileged to take on this task. Definitely will need help from the PuPs so looking forward to tapping into the great minds out there. I will attempt to give you my final choices on Fri evening Nutty. Thanks again

FA Cup for me please where I can't see past -

Newport County vs MANCHESTER CITY - AWAY WIN

For our game a scorecast of Stiepermann to score first AND a correct score of Bolton 1 - 3 Norwich

Good luck everyone.  The very best of luck Crabby & Swindon 😀👍

• Like 1

Bundesliga II this week with:

HOLSTEIN KIEL v Greuther Furth HOME WIN

Good Luck Crabby and all you Lovely PUPs

For the Norwich bet, H/T Draw F/T Norwich. Best of luck Swindon.

Good luck Crabby and Swindon. 

I am going to go for Bolton v NORWICH - Away win

For the actual game itself I will go for Ben Godfrey to score anytime 

Hi Nutz yes can do that weekend, but wasn't expecting it, but be warned I must be a jinx after attending last nights game.My picks to hit the crossbar and rebound straight in our fave are...

Clyde. Home win.

Norwich to win 3:1 with pukki to score.

Hi PUPs, I'm off to Iceland (literally) this weekend so will go for Breidablik vs. Grótta in the league cup (home win).

For the Bolton match I'll go for a solid 2-0 win with Mclean to score anytime.

Nutty, I'm now away for a couple of weeks so will leave the picks here.

23/02

AEK Athens vs Apollon Smirnis (home win).

vs. Brizzle City  - City win 2-1

02/03

Nurnberg vs RB Leipzig (away win).

vs. Millwall - City win 0-3.

Apples

Bulgarian A league for me please. Septemvri v Baroe Star Za for me please.

For City's game Jordan Rhodes to score at any time.

Happy to be sandwiched between an International and a Special Guest Nutty :classic_wink:

Ipswich v Stoke a draw is my suggestion

For Norwich -  both teams to score & Zimbo to score anytime

Anthony would like Sheffield Utd at home & Ben Godfrey to score anytime

Good Luck pups

Im ok for the 30th Eddie, thanks for asking me

England National League South for me and Working(2nd) to beat Weston Super Mare(last)

For Norwich I would like to suggest a Pukki hat trick.

I deem it a privilege to be chosen to pick the six teams in March, and hopefully can cope with the pressure of being sandwiched between Leeds Canary and Nutty Nigel! 

I fancy a punt down in league 2 this week,not the luckiest league for me but here goes....

Forest Green v Yeovil.....Home win.

Good luck to Crabby this week and all involved.

For Crabby I'm going to the Scottish Prem where I think : -

Rangers          v          St Johnstone          Home Win

For Swindon I'll stick with : -

Ben Godfrey to score at anytime

Grimsby home win to Cheltenham is my EFL pick.

As for city I remain in the Godfrey to score anytime camp.

Scotland for me this week !

Home win for Aberdeen against St Mirren.

For the city bet a hard fought 2-1 with Pukki to get both.

Good luck all especially Crabby and Swindon OTBC

Scottish League Two...

Clyde v Albion Rovers.......Home win.

For our game...

Rhodes WILL score the last goal eventually. 🎇

Good luck Crabby and Swindon.

I'm going for a home win for Catania v. Paganese in Italian Serie C Girone C.

Catania are W10 D 0 L1 F21 A4 at home and Paganese are W1 D2 L9 F10 A27 away.

Good Luck, Crabby!

As for the Norwich Bet - Buendia to score any time.

Good Luck, Swindon!

Man City to beat Newport for me this week. The match bet I feel we will get back to winning ways so a 3-1 result to us with pukki scoring a couple. Good luck pups!

On 13/02/2019 at 18:15, nutty nigel said:

Now A word about one of our intrepid PUPs. Graham Humphrey is going to take on the Coastal Walk Challenge for the CSF. For those who don't know, it's a 47-mile walk from Hunstanton to Cromer and takes place on the 14th June. He has a Virgin Money page and would appreciate any sponsorship we could give. : -

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=GrahamHumphrey&pageUrl=1

Thanks for the plug Eddie.  PUPs are already an extremely generous bunch but any donation - however small - anyone would like to spare for this would be brilliant.  Training has already started - in fact, I'm up early tomorrow to go to Bolton and then up equally early Sunday to get a train to the coast for our next training walk.  If that isn't dedication to both causes then I don't know what is.

Back on topic, I think Rangers will beat St Johnstone this week.  And for Norwich, I'll go for a simple both teams to score.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

The Spanish Segunda Division.

Deportivo La Coruna to win at home against Gimnastic Tarragona.

Deportivo La Coruna, top, have an 8-4-0 and 23/5 home record. They are in very good form, albeit without scoring a vast amount of goals.

Gimnastic Tarragona, one from bottom, have a 1-2-10 and 3/22 away record. They have lost their last three away, all against teams in the bottom half of the table. They are marked as having won their last game, at home, but that was an awarded win against a team whose matches are now all cancelled.

The odds are 3/10.

---

For the match bet I suggest either Zimmermann, who has not scored all season, as an anytime goalscorer, at 9/1, or McLean as the last goalscorer, at the same odds.

Good luck to all!

HOFFENHEIM v Hannover - HOME WIN

CITY bet - Hernandez hat trick

Will be an honour to pick the final 6 again on 9th March Eddie., thank you for the opportunity

Good luck all

Leedscanary

Good evening everyone.

I’m going for a home win for BROMLEY TOWN v Maidstone Utd I the National League. Bromley are normally fairly good at home and Maidstone have been struggling.

For our game I did briefly wonder what the odds were for us scoring a penalty 🥺 😜 but as we’d actually want to win I think BTTS looks like a good bet.🤞

Good luck Swindon and Crabby and all the other pups.

Here's my Norwich bets £1 each

HT Draw FT  Norwich win

HT Norwich FT Norwich

Norwich to win 1-3

Hernandez to score anytime

Godfrey to score anytime

Stiepermann to score anytime

Pukki to be first scorer

Rhodes to be last scorer

Over 2:5 Goals

Match Drawn

• Like 1