Sign in to follow this  
Bill

City in Bin Land

An interesting thread from twtd

It appears the paupers cannot fund school football coaching in their own back yard, so the Canaries have spread their wings. so to speak

" amazed at how much ITFC had withdrawn locally and given Norwich pretty much free reign in and around Ipswich. "

" His PE teacher recommended him to Norwich academy and now on there elite program. "

" They think they have the opportunity to make themselves East Anglia's main club and make us irrelevant. "

If only we had an  hinvestor   'pumping money in' (as claimed)

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/453477/norwich-provide-football-coaching-in-the-towns-schools/#31

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We 'nicked' Ruel Fox and Louie Donowa from them back in the day - hopefully we might be able to do the same again. 🙃

I think it is symptomatic of Evans 'cost cutting, which will have greater repercussions further down the line. Kids growing up in that area will more likely gravitate towards a PL club than a L1 club. If a club the size of Colchester is able to provide better support then the fault must lie with the binners.

How was it we were able to sign both Lewis and Aarons from Luton ?

We put the ground work in years back with the kids for a quid scheme and have worked hard to build up and nurture our support base. Can you really see the paupers getting 25,000 at poorman road in LI ?

If the league table was not proof enough of the disparity between the clubs then this should be.

One club progressing and looking forward, the other failing and clinging to the past

I love the way that they always have to mention "parachute payments"

Don't they realise that to get parachute payments, (1) you have to have an ambitious owner, (2) you have to good managers, (3) you have to have excellent players and (4) you have to be good enough to get into the PL.

You don't get parachute payments for being a rubbish club in The Championship for nearly two decades.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

" They think they have the opportunity to make themselves East Anglia's main club and make us irrelevant. 

Job done then. 😙

The other thing is if some of their young players, such as Lankester are as good as they say, then they probably won’t be able to turn down an offer of £1m. Loose change for a local premier league club 😉

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Don't they realise that to get parachute payments, (1) you have to have an ambitious owner, (2) you have to good managers, (3) you have to have excellent players and (4) you have to be good enough to get into the PL.

You don't get parachute payments for being a rubbish club in The Championship for nearly two decades.

Parachute payments seem to be the default argument when they are challenged about their failings.

What parachute payments have been used to keep our CAT 1 academy running, or the coaching courses in Suffolk  going ?

Maybe if they spent a little less time bleating about their 'glorious history' and a bit more looking at their inglorious present they might just have ......... a future.

As it is there is nothing to suggest that their decade long slide will not continue next season. And what is happening now will play a noticeable part in both club's standing five years down the line.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Parachute payments seem to be the default argument when they are challenged about their failings.

What parachute payments have been used to keep our CAT 1 academy running, or the coaching courses in Suffolk  going ?

Maybe if they spent a little less time bleating about their 'glorious history' and a bit more looking at their inglorious present they might just have ......... a future.

As it is there is nothing to suggest that their decade long slide will not continue next season. And what is happening now will play a noticeable part in both club's standing five years down the line.

What a time to be alive😀

• Like 1

Must admit I did not realise the extent we had moved in down there to fill the vacuum they have left by cutting costs on community engagement. I suspect that now their fans have woken up to it they will be forced to re-engage and will try and claim back some of their "territory" but will be difficult for them to do so if they are League 1 and we are premier league. Based on this the network is quite impressive and I would hope we are doing the same in Cambridgeshire as well. Suspect Essex is more challenging due to the London clubs.

http://www.norwichcityfc-suffolk.co.uk/

I really see this as a bit of nothing news on behalf of TWTD unfortunately. Very few players stay in the area they are educated, youth development is nurtured beyond school age in the majority of cases. Having at least 1 team in the PL is good for regional development in respects to attracting people to an area which might be hard to sell as an alternative to London, Manchester etc 

4 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Penny-farthing?

That's what it cost when he bought it new :classic_tongue:

7 hours ago, Making Plans said:

How many relegated clubs are able to use parachute payments to their advantage? It looks like fewer than half the teams who went down from the PL were able to go up again while receiving parachute payments, and some of those would have gone up anyway. Surely their main purpose is to prevent catastrophic financial impact to relegated clubs? 

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

How many relegated clubs are able to use parachute payments to their advantage? It looks like fewer than half the teams who went down from the PL were able to go up again while receiving parachute payments, and some of those would have gone up anyway. Surely their main purpose is to prevent catastrophic financial impact to relegated clubs? 

yep exactly

unless you are from suffolk when they provide an easy excuse to bleat out to explain their failings

ps how cone we are top, having received no parachute payments this season, whereas Stoke & Swansea (who have received around £41m each) are no where to be seen

binners, not the brightest are they

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We 'nicked' Ruel Fox and Louie Donowa from them back in the day - hopefully we might be able to do the same again. 🙃

Ruel's got a dodgy knee these days and Louie's lost a lot of pace, so I think we should probably pass on them at the moment!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grando said:

Ruel's got a dodgy knee these days and Louie's lost a lot of pace, so I think we should probably pass on them at the moment!

They'd easy get a game for the binners though🙃

2 minutes ago, Grando said:

A couple more years at that rate and they'll be at the standard required for poorman road

if only by the qualification of aged and past it

7 minutes ago, Grando said:

You're right Grando - but I can think of a club closer to their original home who might benefit from signing them up, even in their present state. 😉

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Must admit I did not realise the extent we had moved in down there to fill the vacuum they have left by cutting costs on community engagement. I suspect that now their fans have woken up to it they will be forced to re-engage and will try and claim back some of their "territory" but will be difficult for them to do so if they are League 1 and we are premier league. Based on this the network is quite impressive and I would hope we are doing the same in Cambridgeshire as well. Suspect Essex is more challenging due to the London clubs.

http://www.norwichcityfc-suffolk.co.uk/

Sadly for them it means both money and commitment from ITFC something time and time again Evans has shown not to be interested in

For every kid that grows up a City fan it is one lost for the paupers

Are you going to follow a club that is playing in the top flight, or one grubbing about in the third tier entertaining the likes of Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood ?

Bin Land (poorman road) will soon become Father Ted's Fun Land