Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Farke new contract imminent

Wow must say that sounds promising and just the sort of boost to push us over the line and keep the squad together come what may.

I'm not worried, everything at NCFC seems to be nice and relaxed, and that's the way we like it now. I'm sure he'll be well rewarded if he completes the job as gets us up!

Gives some of the players reassurance that he's here for the long haul. Should help keep the squad together if the Big Boys come knocking. 

Not wishing to count chickens...but I'd love to see us in the Premier League.

We are playing some superb football which wouldn't look out of place in the top flight, it would be interesting to see against some other footballing sides. Not the bunch of cloggers with the psychopath manger like Sunday

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Gives some of the players reassurance that he's here for the long haul. Should help keep the squad together if the Big Boys come knocking. 

Nice thought but the reality is that if bigger teams come knocking hard enough there will be players leaving Carrow Rd whether or not we are in the Premier League.

44 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nice thought but the reality is that if bigger teams come knocking hard enough there will be players leaving Carrow Rd whether or not we are in the Premier League.

Two points, first, no point joining a Big Club and sit on the bench for 2 years and end up going out on loan to the Championship ( see Murphy). Better to get a season in the Premiership under your belt, show your quality at that level and then leave. Second, we're going to make a fortune for them to be prised away. 

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Two points, first, no point joining a Big Club and sit on the bench for 2 years and end up going out on loan to the Championship ( see Murphy). Better to get a season in the Premiership under your belt, show your quality at that level and then leave. Second, we're going to make a fortune for them to be prised away. 

This is a key point for our future... Last summer we had an unproven manager who was unknown to the general public and being questioned by a lot of fans, two players who were of any significant value, both of whom we sold, and had Maddison's injury been more severe and his transfer fallen through we would have been in major financial trouble. 

Today, we have a table-topping squad which honestly could probably hold its own in the Premiership already, and between Buendia/Aarons/Leitner/Pukki/Lewis/Godfrey/Vrancic/Stiepermann/Cantwell/Klose if he extends his deal, we have easily 100-150m worth of assets that we are under absolutely no obligation to sell and arguably the most exciting and increasingly talked-about young manager in the country.

I think we'll go up and I don't think any of our big stars will leave, unless someone gets a call from a massive club that has a track record of trusting in young players for the fist team and will pay us 20m+. Honestly the only side I can see who would fit that bill right now is maybe Dortmund.  But if we do lose anyone, then (a) We will be able to afford a replacement, and (b) from everything we've seen so far, I'm certain Webber and Farke have already identified targets to bring in if we need them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, andyc24_uk said:

This is a key point for our future... Last summer we had an unproven manager who was unknown to the general public and being questioned by a lot of fans, two players who were of any significant value, both of whom we sold, and had Maddison's injury been more severe and his transfer fallen through we would have been in major financial trouble. 

Today, we have a table-topping squad which honestly could probably hold its own in the Premiership already, and between Buendia/Aarons/Leitner/Pukki/Lewis/Godfrey/Vrancic/Stiepermann/Cantwell/Klose if he extends his deal, we have easily 100-150m worth of assets that we are under absolutely no obligation to sell and arguably the most exciting and increasingly talked-about young manager in the country.

I think we'll go up and I don't think any of our big stars will leave, unless someone gets a call from a massive club that has a track record of trusting in young players for the fist team and will pay us 20m+. Honestly the only side I can see who would fit that bill right now is maybe Dortmund.  But if we do lose anyone, then (a) We will be able to afford a replacement, and (b) from everything we've seen so far, I'm certain Webber and Farke have already identified targets to bring in if we need them. 

Agreed Andy, this is about how I feel ... I am quietly confident we will go up but you just can't take anything for granted in this league. The way the team is playing we could give a lot of PL teams a run for their money. I think Farke is a blessing for the young guys coming through and potentially the transfers we would be able to do (he most definitely has contacts a plenty in Germany :classic_biggrin:).

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

How many times have we heard a myriad of reasons why it would be better to stay here than move to a bigger club in the past? And how many times has the player in question stayed? None as far as I know. No matter how much players enjoy being here, if there’s a lucrative offer on the table, they will secure their future and leave. 12 months in football is a very long time and there’s no guarantee that an equal or better offer will be there a season later.

• Like 1

Should we get promotion the squad will stay together at least for one season as all seem to have bought into the project, and season in PL will increase their value to suitors.  If fail to get promoted one or two could leave as funding sacrifices.  As most players are on 3 year contracts can't give 4 in our parlous financial state therefore may be free moves at end of next season.  

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

How many times have we heard a myriad of reasons why it would be better to stay here than move to a bigger club in the past? And how many times has the player in question stayed? None as far as I know. No matter how much players enjoy being here, if there’s a lucrative offer on the table, they will secure their future and leave. 12 months in football is a very long time and there’s no guarantee that an equal or better offer will be there a season later.

But how many times have we ever actually been in this situation? A mostly-young, hungry squad with an ambitious management/backroom team who all seem to be buying into a long-term project that's clearly a lot more than simply 'Get promoted'.

Yes, we've had talented, promotion-winning squads before - but never with this kind of squad and never with this kind of long-term vision backing what we're trying to do. Of course they'll all move on eventually, but IF we go up this season I think it would take a huge opportunity from the right club for anyone to want out - I get the sense that this current crop of players understand that there's more to football than just chasing the highest wage; I suspect anyone who didn't understand that would not be welcome in Farke's dressing room (Hence Middleton's exit despite being highly rated and clearly ready for first team football, for example) 

I'm told this is definitely the case - the example given to me was of Krul reprimanding two younger players who had left their empty plates on a table at Colney, expecting someone else to clean up after them.

I hear what you’re saying Andy and I’m sure the atmosphere/ethos of our club is or will be a factor. But I think it’s a little unfair to call it “just chasing the highest wage“ - any footballer knows they could be injured tomorrow, and a lucrative three year contract with an established Premier League club could secure their and their families future. To turn that down in favour of staying at an exciting project for less money would be huge gamble. Plus we all know players have agents whispering in  their ears in order to make their commission. Huckerbys are few and far between and tend to be the more established players who are already comfortable. I’d love to be proven wrong though!

How is Middleton getting on BTW? At first I thought you’d misspelt Maddison, I’d forgotten about him.