Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

genuine question.....is Paul Lambert all there?

Recommended Posts

He’s playing their fans like a violin, they are defending his ridiculous behaviour so hard they are sinking to ever more deluded conspiracy theories, Farke put the coach up to it, the steward provoked it, all of the fouls our players received were actually just meaty tackles and all our players over reacted about everything....ever. It has become embarrassing to even look any more so I’m not going to, any reasonable interjection by a poster is met with abuse and swearing.

On another thread  they’re outraged that NCFC are providing coaching in Ipswich schools, they think we’re trying to assert ourselves as the preeminent club in East Anglia, guess what boys............we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was gutted when Lambert left for Villa, but ended up hating the Villa fans more because of their sense of entitlement (i think they're even worse than the binners)

I think Lambert's lost the plot. Farke will probably have a whip round for the fine, but mentally he's moved on and is only thinking of the next game, whereas I think Lambert could go on for weeks on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all a play for the ipswich fans.  It takes the focus away from how badly they play and their hopeless position in the league table. It also creates a victim mentality with PL as the fans cheerleader so that they will blame everybody else except Lambert for their predicament. He just needs to keep the fans on his side until the end of the season, so we can expect to see more outbursts and the Noriwch situation dragged out for a while yet.

Farke is playing it coolly, the perfect response to Lambert's nonsense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Mr Lambert, I have watched several times and must say your version of events is not what is shown with the Sky highlights. This is what I saw

Aarons was badly fouled Ipswich players were making out he was exaggerating ( presumably to save their player being sent off )

Lambert was then seen approaching our technical area but the guy who managed them in the 2nd half was already there confronting our bench. I must confess I do not know if our staff left our technical area as you can’t see the line but certainly our staff were not in their technical area.

Lambert was clearly pushing members of our coaching staff.

The stewards formed a line initially to try to stop the two benches coming together. When Lambert tried to push his way through this the one steward man handled him away. If you considered that to be roughty tuffty then you would not have lasted a minute against the guys you wanted to fight.

Chambers then wades in but runs off like a little lamb when Hanley walks towards him. He then starts on Aaron’s presumably as he was smaller and less likely to put him into next week.

Our guy sent off did nothing.

Now I have no idea if any of our staff offered him a fight however quite clearly as he goes down the tunnel he raises his fist to our guy and points at him body language clearly saying he was offering a fight to our coach.

The biggest problem was you expected to get lots of abuse and you didn’t. It upset you to find out we really are not bothered anymore. 

The FA should also be looking at the performance of their referee a total disgrace not only not sending Ipswich players off but couldn’t even get the right Norwich coach.

How on earth is no retrospective action being taken against Chambers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Dear Mr Lambert, I have watched several times and must say your version of events is not what is shown with the Sky highlights. This is what I saw

Aarons was badly fouled Ipswich players were making out he was exaggerating ( presumably to save their player being sent off )

Lambert was then seen approaching our technical area but the guy who managed them in the 2nd half was already there confronting our bench. I must confess I do not know if our staff left our technical area as you can’t see the line but certainly our staff were not in their technical area.

Lambert was clearly pushing members of our coaching staff.

The stewards formed a line initially to try to stop the two benches coming together. When Lambert tried to push his way through this the one steward man handled him away. If you considered that to be roughty tuffty then you would not have lasted a minute against the guys you wanted to fight.

Chambers then wades in but runs off like a little lamb when Hanley walks towards him. He then starts on Aaron’s presumably as he was smaller and less likely to put him into next week.

Our guy sent off did nothing.

Now I have no idea if any of our staff offered him a fight however quite clearly as he goes down the tunnel he raises his fist to our guy and points at him body language clearly saying he was offering a fight to our coach.

The biggest problem was you expected to get lots of abuse and you didn’t. It upset you to find out we really are not bothered anymore. 

The FA should also be looking at the performance of their referee a total disgrace not only not sending Ipswich players off but couldn’t even get the right Norwich coach.

How on earth is no retrospective action being taken against Chambers

Excellent summary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt read so much into it - since hes been with them lot hes been unable to turn their form around. In fact, its been worse than under Hurst.

What he has done is got loads of old ex players in to training sessions, talked about the clubs history alot, wore ITFC pin badges sent to him by fans and talked about how good things will be in the future (without saying when, obviously).

Despite having a worse record than Hurst and despite getting in additional players in January and still not seeing an improvement, by doing all of the above he has 80% of their fan base wrapped around his finger. They never were the brightest, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite staggering that a lot of their fans to be so fooled. There are some sensible ones though. I guess reality will bite at some stage. A big defeat tomorrow will be very deflating for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely Frank Lampard's Derby's Frank Lampard will have his Derby side set up to be too good for that filthy , classless lot......0-3 with the goals from a trio of ex-scummers in Waghorn,Lawrence and Marriott...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that TGMD. I imagine him pestering pubgoers like Archie from the Fast Show..."30 years, man & boy...hardest game in the world!"

 

 

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just read his offering out of our goalkeeping coach!! Could someone who cares about him please read it back to him. It is so pathetic and he should be ashamed of himself. He clearly has no respect for our club, and he is in the Hall of Fame. I really want to ignore him, but I just cannot. Remove him from our Hall of Fame. He is an absolute disgrace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul lambert has simply lost his mojo, and **** drive - he’s having to get his kicks elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the wBA Forest game and there were clearly stewards in the tunnel.

Lambert quotes no stewards in the tunnels at Villa, Stoke, Wolves and Birmingham. He probably has that right but if my memory serves me right are the players tunnels at those grounds not in the corners and therefore nowhere near the dug outs ? Apologies if I have that wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's definitely got a few marbles loose these days. Was thinking this in the pre match build up pressers, going on about his time at Norwich like an obsession. I get it, it's his only good management period he's got to boast about, but we've all moved on from it. Clearly he hasn't, and clearly he's not as good as he thinks he is. 

Almost reminds me of Mourinho and his most recent implosion and fall from grace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think stewards congregate in the tunnel as half time approaches, as they patrol around the pitch, it's a security measure nothing more nothing less 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

I think stewards congregate in the tunnel as half time approaches, as they patrol around the pitch, it's a security measure nothing more nothing less 

 

Agreed and if they were not there and the ref or Lambert was attacked by a fan how much trouble would we be in?

Had a fan reacted like Lambert towards him would he expect the stewards to use aggression or just stand there and let the fan hit him. If he ever ones to FCR again let’s give him no security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much as I would love to think Lambert has lost it... and the pressure of going down is telling... I think he did it to stop his player being sent off.... took one for the team as it were.... come on... he was pretty cunning when he was our manager... albeit a turn coat duplicticious judas narcissist. I honestly think thats what he did... he hasn't any form for this... and the pathetic attempts at trying to give a reason and justify the completely over the top reaction to errrrrrrr nothing... mark my words... cheating self-obcessed maggott

 

Edited by Worcester Yellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Lambert out of a job before he went to Ipswich and at that time would take any job to get back into management and prove he is a good manager. Unfortunately he isn't that good a manager alone and is desperate to hang onto his job to prevent another black mark on his CV. I dont think he will do anything at Ipswich and its just a matter of time before they realise this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He failed to mention that every time we committed a foul the ref was surrounded by Ipswich players trying to get them booked/sent off, worthy of Man Utd at their best. But presumably doesn’t see that as a touch hypercritical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a look at the incident on youtube clips it is actually the binners who go over to the City dugout where the 'squirmish' takes place.

I wonder if a few choice words in German might have been directed at Lambert, given that he may speak the language.

Anyway lets hope he is not following in the footsteps of a previous manager, a fellow Scot, the ever thirsty wee (nip) George

Either way it had all the makings of a 'domestic' with Lambert as the estranged husband, having an angry pop at the new bloke (Farke) who has moved in with his former partner.

"She'd be nothing without me, I put her where she is now""

"Where's that b'stard Farke, I'll nut him"

A true Jeremy Kyle episode before our very eyes - all very sad really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rivvo said:

He’s playing their fans like a violin, they are defending his ridiculous behaviour so hard they are sinking to ever more deluded conspiracy theories, Farke put the coach up to it, the steward provoked it, all of the fouls our players received were actually just meaty tackles and all our players over reacted about everything....ever. It has become embarrassing to even look any more so I’m not going to, any reasonable interjection by a poster is met with abuse and swearing.

On another thread  they’re outraged that NCFC are providing coaching in Ipswich schools, they think we’re trying to assert ourselves as the preeminent club in East Anglia, guess what boys............we are.

At a tangent, on the question of delusions, one of the frequent assertions on TWTD, not just now but going back some time, is that if they had beaten us at Portman Road very early in the season Farke would definitely have been sacked, and we would have been back to square one, so the massive gap there is now wouldn't have come about.

I don't believe for a moment Farke would have been kicked out in that case (Ipswich fans overestimating the importance of that match to us because of the eternity since they have won) or even if the bad start to the season had carried on longer than it did. I don't like the "project" word but that is in effect what we have embarked on, and it depends on a much longer view than a few bad results.

If Smith and Jones have a fault it is getting attached to managers and holding on to them too long. Which often only becomes a fault in hindsight. And on the plus side it means managers are given the time to get it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was absolutely zero chance of Farke being sacked after the Ipswich game. The improvements had carried on from the previous season. That's what transition is. What's the point of going through a period of transition only sack the manager when the end is in sight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

At a tangent, on the question of delusions, one of the frequent assertions on TWTD, not just now but going back some time, is that if they had beaten us at Portman Road very early in the season Farke would definitely have been sacked, and we would have been back to square one, so the massive gap there is now wouldn't have come about.

I don't believe for a moment Farke would have been kicked out in that case (Ipswich fans overestimating the importance of that match to us because of the eternity since they have won) or even if the bad start to the season had carried on longer than it did. I don't like the "project" word but that is in effect what we have embarked on, and it depends on a much longer view than a few bad results.

If Smith and Jones have a fault it is getting attached to managers and holding on to them too long. Which often only becomes a fault in hindsight. And on the plus side it means managers are given the time to get it right.

The flip side of that is doing what most clubs do, which is get rid of managers at the first sign of an issue. Of course, with that approach you never actually get to find out whether that was a good decision or not. Now is a case in point, seeing as if Farke had gone after the mediocre season we had last year we'd never have found out that we'd be a top contender for promotion at this point. 

Overall, I see the board's patience with managers as a strength, not a weakness. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The flip side of that is doing what most clubs do, which is get rid of managers at the first sign of an issue. Of course, with that approach you never actually get to find out whether that was a good decision or not. Now is a case in point, seeing as if Farke had gone after the mediocre season we had last year we'd never have found out that we'd be a top contender for promotion at this point. 

Overall, I see the board's patience with managers as a strength, not a weakness. 

an issue of what ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So stop being frightened of your own language by using a sanitised alternative

Problem.... there, that wasn't too hard was it ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dj11 said:

I have just read his offering out of our goalkeeping coach!! Could someone who cares about him please read it back to him. It is so pathetic and he should be ashamed of himself. He clearly has no respect for our club, and he is in the Hall of Fame. I really want to ignore him, but I just cannot. Remove him from our Hall of Fame. He is an absolute disgrace. 

 

When Lambert gets his wish to fight Wooten...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×