Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

genuine question.....is Paul Lambert all there?

Perhaps no surprise to some and I have no idea if there is any truth in it.  Apparently Lambo really, really likes lemonade.  He likes it so much he drinks a lot of it and he had been drinking it on the day of our game.

Schweppes, R Whites, Mozzers own brand.  Who knows?

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

If he's any self-respecting Scotsman surely it'll be Barrs (which does have an awful lot of sugar in it)? 🤣

Apples

48 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

If he's any self-respecting Scotsman surely it'll be Barrs (which does have an awful lot of sugar in it)? 🤣

If he's any self-respecting Scotsman surely it'll be Bars, lounges, off licenses.................

I was a defender of Lambert's until the match against Ipswich the other week. He did take this club, which was on its knees, to the Premier League and saved it. Yes, I know that his back room, and especially Culverhouse, where huge in the transformation, but Lambert played a vital part in that too.

To see him last week, too see how far he has fallen. To read his comments, that do indeed border on the delusional, I cannot defend him any longer. I am not angry with him. I, in fact, am still grateful for everything he did for this club not too long ago.

Now I just feel sad for the guy. Like seeing a fallen hero begging on the street, telling all those around him that he was a big-shot once. Such a shame.

Edited by CanaryChris
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, CanaryChris said:

I was a defender of Lambert's until the match against Ipswich the other week. He did take this club, which was on its knees, to the Premier League and saved it. Yes, I know that his back room, and especially Culverhouse, where huge in the transformation, but Lambert played a vital part in that too.

To see him last week, too see how far he has fallen. To read his comments, that do indeed border on the delusional, I cannot defend him any longer. I am not angry with him. I, in fact, am still grateful for everything he did for this club not too long ago.

Now I just feel sad for the guy. Like seeing a fallen hero begging on the street, telling all those around him that he was a big-shot once. Such a shame.

• Like 2

He is certainly acting very strangely. In his post match interview showed a lot of signs of stress and carried a lot of anger towards his former Club. He reacted quite nastily when reference was made that his backroom staff lacked class. Clearly seemed as if he was still looking for another fight. Reflecting on the match he said there was nothing in it. His Scottish accent was always difficult to understand - always a problem for people who speak Norfolk - but in this respect he seems to have considerably worsened.

Until the red card the  crowd treated him reasonably well. What I also find interesting is that a close acquaintance of mine, level headed, who has supported the Town for around 60 years thinks Lambert is doing a great job. I wonder if Paul came in with a lot of self inflicted hype and it has all gone wrong.

Interesting that Ed Wooten was at ColU at the same time as Lambert; see the excerpt below from today's pink'un article.

"While that means Wootten was involved at the academy at Colchester at the same time Lambert was in charge of the U’s first team, between October 2008 and August 2009, it’s clear they won’t be on each others’ Christmas card lists this year."

Given the blow up with Culverhouse and Karsa, he does show surprisingly little long term loyalty with any body or any organisation, suggesting indeed there is a massive flaw in his character.  Think he has been found out now.

further stuff on Ed

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/february/meet-ed-wootten-norwich-city-first-team-goalkeeping-coach/

I think he had no choice .

Last chance saloon. Managed a club who are sworn enemies  What do you think the Ipswich fans reaction would have been if he'd been calm & reasonable - like Daniel? He'd have been labelled a carpet bagger, no commitment to the club, a cynical money grabber.

Thus all the manufactured passion & outrage. It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Just now, ron obvious said:

He'd have been labelled a carpet bagger, no commitment to the club, a cynical money grabber.

3 out of 3 ain't bad. 👍

On 13/02/2019 at 18:58, norfolkbroadslim said:

Perhaps no surprise to some and I have no idea if there is any truth in it.  Apparently Lambo really, really likes lemonade.  He likes it so much he drinks a lot of it and he had been drinking it on the day of our game.

Schweppes, R Whites, Mozzers own brand.  Who knows?

I kind of mentioned it!!