Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

genuine question.....is Paul Lambert all there?

To be fair, we should have all realised he's a few pence short of the pound when he signed for the scum...

In all seriousness, coming back here and seeing how far we've come – and, consequently, how far he has fallen – has obviously had a serious psychological effect on him. He's deliberately overcompensating by 'bigging up' his club and players, whereas he clearly knows that he's a mercenary snake on a rapidly sinking ship.

I began to wonder this yesterday. Then his presser after the game convinced me more. The video Lakey posted confirms it for me. I think he was always on the edge but he's definitely over the edge now. I have gone from laughing at him to almost pitying him. It's not nice to see. 

His press conference today only furthers that question.

There really are only two feasible options.

1) He's not the full ticket. He's unstable and genuinely believes that someone encroached in his technical area (I've watched back the video several times repeatedly clicking and unclicking pause because it beats doing work and it's demonstrably false) and his strange utterances immediately after the game and even into today's presser are the unexplainable ramblings of a mad man.

2) He's playing a really clever game and knows that he has been woeful on the pitch so throws these little tidbits to the sc(um fans, utterly desperate for anything to cling to, for a silver lining to this storm cloud of a season. He can't manage anymore, but he can keep his wage coming in much longer if he presents himself as a fighter, a staunch defender of the great ITFC, passionate about the cause.

So, psychopath or grifter. Tough call.

• Like 1

Perhaps some of their fans on TWTD are a bit loose where it counts as well:

Pretty clear that Farke 15:14 - Feb 12 with 173 views Marshalls_Mullet

...put his goalkeeping coach up for the task of winding Lambert up. 

Fair play I guess, it worked. 

Dirty b4stards.
834.gif

AS IF. That kind of nonsense is way below Farke's level of thinking. He would never stoop so low. He is far far more intelligent than Lambert, as well as being a much better coach in any case, that's for sure.

This nonsense is genuinely meant to be taken seriously.

The whole caboodle has deteriorated rapidly since Lambert's arrival.

What a pantomime.

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I began to wonder this yesterday. Then his presser after the game convinced me more. The video Lakey posted confirms it for me. I think he was always on the edge but he's definitely over the edge now. I have gone from laughing at him to almost pitying him. It's not nice to see. 

This ⤴️

It is actually not good to see. At one time he was above nonsense such as this. He kept his mouth shut and his team did the talking. This time I suppose, his team is unable. 

There is a great comment by an itfc Twitter user re-tweeted by a NCFC  fan askinghow many more distraction tactics can Lambert use?

The sensible itfc fan  suggests they just try and win a game and that would be a start. He also is disparaging about the PR stuff, the fighting, the ex-players fiasco.

It’s simple really like him 

he is doing very badly and covering this up with this stunt 

he is officially the worst manager in Ipswich history and the bar has been set very very low! 

• Haha 1

The idea the Farke in his match preparations also included instructing his GK coach to wind up PL is simply idiotic, ludicrous  and something only the terminally dim could really believe.

The simple obvious answer is that PL saw an opportunity to 'stand up' for his team during the game and took it. The fact it went disastrously wrong for him on so many levels, is his and only his fault. No one else is to blame. Hence he apparently has a separate charge.

It was their collective fault from the start to the end, with deliberate niggly fouls and outright kicks aimed at injuring players, everyone could see it (apart from the referee at times). The incident was compounded by his poor behaviour.

Their season is over, it is natural for the easily led down there to want to hang on to something and here we are.

He has come to realize that after his ONLY successful spell in management , those (us) fans have decided we couldn't give a monkeys about him, and he has nothing else to cling onto. His faux mental mind games just do not work anymore, and are transparent and dated.

His (footballing management) horse has bolted

19 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

He has come to realize that after his ONLY successful spell in management , those (us) fans have decided we couldn't give a monkeys about him, and he has nothing else to cling onto. His faux mental mind games just do not work anymore, and are transparent and dated.

His (footballing management) horse has bolted

His (football management) horse bolted with with Culverhouse i believe.

I have just read that Lambert is unhappy that Norwich didn't shake hands with his coaching staff perhaps he should look a little closer to home because Hernandez put his hand out to the Ipswich coaching staff and they walked straight past him. I think Lambert has lost the plot, but that should have been obvious when he went there.

With the interviews he did before the game, and especially that in The Guardian, which were hardly models of self-effacing restrajnt, he seemed to be (deliberately?) talking himself into a hyper "this is all about me" state in which any incident would set off an explosion.

What is quite bizarre is that the incident that then set him off was a vicious tackle by an ipswich player! I could sort of understand if it had been the other way round, and it had been an attempt to cripple one of his players.

3 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

I have just read that Lambert is unhappy that Norwich didn't shake hands with his coaching staff perhaps he should look a little closer to home because Hernandez put his hand out to the Ipswich coaching staff and they walked straight past him. I think Lambert has lost the plot, but that should have been obvious when he went there.

Perhaps he should ask himself why Farke, having made a pointed comment about one or two Ipswich staff lacking class, declined to shake hands with one particular member of the Ipswich staff at full time having shaken hands and given Gill a big hug and having shaken hands with other members of their team. Perhaps this might point people in the direction of the member of the Ipswich staff Farke felt had "lacked class" during the game. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

With the interviews he did before the game, and especially that in The Guardian, which were hardly models of self-effacing restrajnt, he seemed to be (deliberately?) talking himself into a hyper "this is all about me" state in which any incident would set off an explosion.

What is quite bizarre is that the incident that then set him off was a vicious tackle by an ipswich player! I could sort of understand if it had been the other way round, and it had been an attempt to cripple one of his players.

Agree. Why aren't more people (national press especially) talking about the challenge? It was over the top, late and with excess force.

Lambert said

"I'm not going to stand there and watch players run 30 yards to get people booked." 

"And I'm certainly not going to let somebody come into our technical area - and I don't even know who it was - and provoke us, that's for sure."  Neither of these things happened Paul. You are losing the plot.

His actions totally glossed over a horrendous foul on Aarons, which caused all the handbags. The second coming together came about because of another terrible foul on Buendia. So rather than blame everyone else Lambert should look a bit closer to home for all the problems that occurred.

I think Lambert now resents us. We've moved on from wanting him back to having someone who can take us even higher. the antics Sunday was all his cr@p players could come up with to try and put us off. The performance was never going to be as good as the Leeds  game, simply because the standard of opposition was so poor they resorted to this rather than play football ...

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Agree. Why aren't more people (national press especially) talking about the challenge? It was over the top, late and with excess force.

Jon Nolan's tackle was right in front of the dug out. Almost like he was putting on a show. Seriously, take a look at it. It was a potential leg breaking tackle. What is Nolan's problem? Appalling, quite appalling  footballer and a cowardly referring performance too not to take proper action.

And to add to this that Lambert said it was a "nothing tackle" is similarly shocking. Ask any punter or football commentator looking at the footage. Red card 100%.

“I’ve never seen anything like that before. At Portman Road do we have stewards in the middle between the two benches? I’ve not seen any. Did they have any at Stoke? Did they have any at Wolves? I’ve never seen anything like that.”

He's rambling on like a mad man. Is that another attempt to put Norwich down just because we have stewards in the tunnel? 😂 He's really clutching at straws now, anything to divert the attention away from his own inadequacies.

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

“I’ve never seen anything like that before. At Portman Road do we have stewards in the middle between the two benches? I’ve not seen any. Did they have any at Stoke? Did they have any at Wolves? I’ve never seen anything like that.”

He's rambling on like a mad man. Is that another attempt to put Norwich down just because we have stewards in the tunnel? 😂 He's really clutching at straws now, anything to divert the attention away from his own inadequacies.

He obviously hasn't been paying any attention when managing at any of those places or visiting any ground sin the top two flights because literally every match there are stewards in the tunnel and between the benches..

I was going to say something like this on Sunday then when nothing had been mentioned on here thought I may have been reading too much into it. maybe not!

when they played his interview on RN (via Radio Suffolk) after the match I thought he'd lost it. He sounded completely rattled. His comments today essentially challenging someone to a fight (albeit indoors) after the fool he made out of himself Sunday really are strange...

I'd always respected Lambert for what he achieved here and thought he had a clever knack of landing himself in the jobs where his predecessors had always been sacked (not gone on to better things) meaning after failure he could simply shrug his shoulders as after all - it was a mess when he got there anyway. I've come to the conclusion that maybe the planets really did align for us back in 2011 with everything going right at the right time. He's done nothing to impress since he left us and with new managers and philosophies coming through all the time he's starting to appear long in the tooth and out of touch.

He's at the right club. Just as well really as he's assured them he'll stick with them even if they go down this season. 

Its an unusual personality trait when its appears you prefer people to hate you, even those who used to idolise you.

Like I said, we are his only managerial success. He hasn't taken a pre-season, at any club for the last 5 or 6 years, so, as has been mentioned, he has only been employed as a stop gap/emergency appointment, and he can't lose in those type of situations.

Clever Paul, very clever........

Watching PLs mentor tonight (MON), I cannot ever imagine him doing what Lambert did, even if he can be a feisty character. Think Martin needs to have a word in his ear.