Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzar

Player of the Season - advice required

I've been thinking about who I'm going to vote for, and have come up with a short list of the following:

Zimmermann

Vrancic

Leitner

Lewis

Buendia

Stiepermann

Pukki

Hernandez

Aarons

Most of you see more games live than I can manage in a season at the moment, so who would get your vote as things stand?

I think, if pushed, I'd have to plump for Pukki.

Good post Fuzzar, I was thinking about putting up something similar to make the point that different players have been key to the team at different points of the season. Which goes to show that our greatest strength is as a team.

Having said that, the two players who have been consistent throughout are Pukki and Buendia for me. Hard to look past them - but all the players on your list deserve credit. If I were to have a top five, I’d add Stiepermann, Zimmerman and Vrancic. But then there’s Aarons, and Lewis, and....

• Like 1

My top 6 (but not decided just yet on places) are: Pukki, Aarons, Buendia, Zimmermann, Hernandez & Vrancic.

Hell....that was difficult.

Pukki / Buendia / Aarons for me.  But still so many games to go, anyone could make a run for it.

Leitner out too long with injury unless he immediately wins his place back and continues the same level of performance.  And as much as I think he's a great player, a key component of Farke's philisophy is to put faith in the people who started the last game, if they played well, in which case, I expect Trybull to retain his place, at least for now.

• Like 1

Yep, I'm with Orly on Pukki, Aarons, & Emi but it hasn't been as close with so many potential and deserved winners for years...maybe since Lee "Messi" Croft won it. 

Edited by spencer 1970
  • Like 1

I can not split Zimmermann, Buendia or Aarons.

Zim for his steadfastness in the back despite having many partners there. Buendia for his trickery and excitement he brings to the field and Aarons for his stunningly upwards trajectory since starting.

That said, I love seeing Trybull and Hernandez (who started as our most potent player this season) in the team. Lewis has been superb as left back and again so young.

Great having difficult decisions like this.

Pukki for his goals, Aarons because the boy is class, Buendia because of his skill and tenacity and Zimm for his leadership, at the moment Zimm edges it for me because he has improved so much, he leads by example, he puts his body on the line game in game out and it is clear that he loves NCFC and really appreciates the chance he has been given.......

Agree wholeheartedly with Vrancic Bethno,  last season it was clear to see that he had talent but was struggling with the nature of the Champs.

This season however, after a few bit part appearances, he was dropped in at the deep end replacing Mo Leitner (another revelation)when he was injured. I was skeptical that he could replace our 'Metronome' , but he has, in spectacular, if a little different to Mo, style.

And Goals too.

My wife tells me he's rather handsome too.

I feel it’s hard to pick Vrancic or Leitner as they won’t have played enough games, and the same goes for Trybull. 

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Emi's played more games than Max Aarons.

Fake News,

According to OS, Max as played over 500 minutes more...

35 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Emi's played more games than Max Aarons.

Emi 29 games 3 goals 12 assists

Max 28 games 3 goals 4 assists.

I'd give it to Pukki who got to 20 goals faster than anyone has for 50 years.

Difficult as has been said, it's a sign that our level of performance throughout the Team has been consistently high.  Whoever wins it, it will be deserved, with 15 still to play it's still up for grabs. 

Incredibly difficult to pick a winner based on the season so far. I think I can say without fear of contradiction though that James Husband's 63 minute cameo at Birmingham won't be enough for him to win the prised award. 

maybe wait until the season has finished

as i doubt any one would be asking who the player of the match was at 66 minutes

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Incredibly difficult to pick a winner based on the season so far. I think I can say without fear of contradiction though that James Husband's 63 minute cameo at Birmingham won't be enough for him to win the prised award. 

Nailed on for scapegoat of the season until he left though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bill said:

maybe wait until the season has finished

as i doubt any one would be asking who the player of the match was at 66 minutes

I was specifically looking for attendee's opinions, as stated. So your's won't be required now or when the season's finished. 😃

15 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I was specifically looking for attendee's opinions, as stated. So your's won't be required now or when the season's finished. 😃

That confirmed what I thought

ps it's quite nice where I sit as well, away from the riff raff

If we lost Pukki for the rest of the season he would very very difficult to replace. Doesn't bear thinking about. So many choices this year and Max, Mario, Mo and Emi along with many others have been outstanding but it's Pukki for me. 

It's a really hard one this year. Pukki fantastic, Aarons great, Buendia utter class. Stiepermann has been great too. I think this is the first time in along time that you can clearly make a case for the whole team being greater than the sum of it's parts. So going for the whole squad and the new flags.

Edited by yellowandgreen