Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

First part of Poorman Rd to close?

Just pondering which will be the first part of their hovel will be closed first, due to lack of attendees next season (or even the end of this one)?

Will it be the upper tier of the tired one opposite the away fans, or one of the two behind the goals traditionally covered in pigeon droppings and dirt. It must be lonely sitting in those upper areas watching the cr7p they serve up.

I'm aware they have been gradually reducing the seats over the last few years and have a capacity of about 28k, but that must surely be 8-10k too many seats?

With the stands the only thing the actually own as a club, at least they can have some control over this. What joy.

20 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

They could use the upper tiers to accommodate the homeless and rough sleepers. 

Don't you think the homeless have suffered enough already Crafty?

29 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

They could use the upper tiers to accommodate the homeless and rough sleepers. 

You can rely on the Doc to kick a man when he's down....

42 minutes ago, East Rider said:

..............or one of the two behind the goals traditionally covered in pigeon droppings and dirt.

On way of describing their supporters I suppose

I did wonder if instead of closing the stand which is next to their outside practise pitch, they could simply open the back of it and turn the seats round. They could then have our ressies play there during home games to increase the numbers, and improve the entertainment on offer. Give them decent football to watch perhaps.

Of course it may prove a issues with some. I mean what decent City reserve player would want to travel down there and play in those conditions?

They'll need to get their act together a bit sharpish - National League ground standards are pretty strictly applied, so they may have to drop through that one too without kicking a ball.

I suspect Leeds will redesign most of the town centre if they lose out.

500k worth of improvements.

Edited by East Rider