Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

It Has Just Got Even Worse For The Scum.

I kind-of feel sorry for the fans but we have been there plenty of times over the years and they didn’t seem too ‘bothered’ on our behalf so I’m not spending too much time dwelling on it!

Sears did rather go in unnecessarily hard on TT - as many of their challenges were - but it’s always harsh for such a nasty injury to follow. 

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I had this feeling too. I actually felt a large amount of sadness for Ipswich as a club and its fans. Rivalries only really work when the two teams are relatively equal and the two sides look a long time way apart right now. 

I do hope they can turn their situation around next season and I would one day love to see the East Anglian Derby return to being a top flight fixture. 

I'd like to see them drop to League 2, even just for a season so we can say they've dropped to a level we haven't in recent memory. Outside of that I don't want to see them go out of business or anything.

Final nail in the coffin refers to their relegation.

No ordinary foul hardly ridicules Sears injury.

Yep i will confess i missed the one ha ha mustn't laugh.

You highlighted 7 and out of 25 that is way off your 80% which by my maths is nearer 30% .

Numerous posts have expressed sympathy for his career threatening injury but they have passed you by it appears.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Final nail in the coffin refers to their relegation.

No ordinary foul hardly ridicules Sears injury.

Yep i will confess i missed the one ha ha mustn't laugh.

You highlighted 7 and out of 25 that is way off your 80% which by my maths is nearer 30% .

Numerous posts have expressed sympathy for his career threatening injury but they have passed you by it appears.

Oh my lord, it wasn't meant to be exact maths.

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd like to see them drop to League 2, even just for a season so we can say they've dropped to a level we haven't in recent memory. Outside of that I don't want to see them go out of business or anything.

Down the years they've shafted local businesses, charities and even their own shareholders, yet they still run at a loss hence the £90m debt. They don't deserve a place in the football league let alone the Prem.

Accept it, they're history.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Did you ever find that King Keano bloke for me? Surely that would be the honourable thing to do in this new spirit of camaradary between us fans? After all we wouldn't want to go back to the days of waving tenners at each other or taunting about the gap...

(It's 42 points BTW)

IMG_20190211_162356.jpg

Never knew King keano, seems as though you two had a past !!

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Was it even inexact maths🤔🙃

I think it was what you call a terminological inexactitude😀

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The incident happened right in front of where I sit, Sears fouled Trybull, rather than a clash of knees, do not like to see a player et injured but it was self inflicted........

Indeed....if the angle of collision was slightly different , it could just as easily have been Trybull who was out for 9 months.

What would everyone have been saying about Sears then??......Ipswich were out of control which was little wonder given the example their classless , disgrace of a manager set them

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Indeed....if the angle of collision was at a slightly different , it could just as easily have been Trybull who was out for 9 months.

What would everyone have been saying about Sears then??......Ipswich were out of control which was little wonder given the example their classless , disgrace of a manager set them

I would have liked to think that I'd maintain my sympathy, because out of all the many deliberately dirty challenges Ipswich and other teams have put in, that wasn't one of them.

Then again, I do like a good pitchfork wave and a moan about Ipswich, so I'll guess we'll never know 🙂

24 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Never knew King keano, seems as though you two had a past !!

We got on quite well. Every time it looked like you guys could compete with us he wanted to talk to me. Then when it became obvious you couldn't compete with us he disappeared. We pledged £1 per point for our DS boys and girls last season but no money changed hands. He then said same bet next season...

Haven't seen him since September though. 

On behalf of nearly everyone who has ever played competitive Sports,............at any level , I wish Freddie Sears , and any other injured player, a speedy recovery. 

A true sportsperson would never wish a career threatening injury on another.

There will always be idiots, in all walks of life, who will not agree with the above sentiment.

For them, we should feel disdain.

• Like 2

Whilst I wouldn't celebrate a footballer's injury I have no sympathy for Town or their supporters ... it has been a genuine pleasure watching their results come in each week. For me it will make our promotion sweeter (if it happens) if they get relegated too.

The fortunes of our respective clubs goes in cycles. Enjoy it whilst the sun shines and we can gloat, ridicule and rub salt into the wounds ... that's part of being a football supporter and it won't last forever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

The fortunes of our respective clubs goes in cycles. Enjoy it whilst the sun shines and we can gloat, ridicule and rub salt into the wounds ... that's part of being a football supporter and it won't last forever!

Really ?

Their supposed 'glorious history' lasted from 1962 81.... 19 years

What have they really achieved since then, almost 38 years ? They have been behind us in trophies, promotion, time in the top flight, attendances, qualifying for Europe................

And at this point the gap is probably the biggest it has ever been as one of us is riddled with debt and virtually no prospects bar hoping to survive in L1. There is nothing cyclical about that, or likely to be in the near future.

They have been slowly dying on their ar se since 2001. Another season and we are back equal to that 'glorious history' time of 'of 19 years.

In biblical times their seven years of good have been matched by 14 years of bad. And after those latter 14 years they are in the worse state their club has been in living memory...because it genuinely is that bad.

• Thanks 1

I hate Ipswich the football club  but I dont think anyone should enjoy an injury like this.

I remember some Ipswich fans Hoping maddison injury last season kept him out for months were rightly criticised. Hope Sears comes back fit and strong and quickly.

Now we've played them, I would like to see Ipswich pick up a few wins for two reasons. One, as someone has already said, those points will be at the expense of our rivals, so any points they gain could help us. And secondly, it will raise their hopes of survival, for which they are too far adrift to realistically have a chance of survival. It's the hope that kills you, would just draw out their agony to the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Now we've played them, I would like to see Ipswich pick up a few wins for two reasons. One, as someone has already said, those points will be at the expense of our rivals, so any points they gain could help us. 

Which one of our rivals are going to drop points against 1p5wich?... just can't see that happening. 

1 hour ago, glory.win or die. said:

I hate Ipswich the football club  but I dont think anyone should enjoy an injury like this.

I remember some Ipswich fans Hoping maddison injury last season kept him out for months were rightly criticised. Hope Sears comes back fit and strong and quickly.

A key difference here however is that Maddison didnt get injured whilst attempting to nobble one of their players...

I hope Sears makes a full recovery.  I also hope that Mario Vrancic - who was basically kicked off the pitch by the filth yesterday - isn't sidelined for too long. 

3 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

There's talk on TWTD to throw the last 2 games if it stops us getting promoted.  Class indeed. 

Unfortunately if they do it will be very difficult to prove anything - as they're so good at losing games anyway who can actually tell if they throw a game? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

There's talk on TWTD to throw the last 2 games if it stops us getting promoted.  Class indeed. 

Let them do it. I'm hopeful we will have sewn it up at Stoke the game before the last 2 fixtures 🌝

I know it wasn't the only strong challenge in the game and I haven't seen this anywhere else, so apologies if already covered, but did anyone else have a look at Knudsen's challenge on Pukki, when Teemu was toe poking the 3rd in? It doesn't look great, and it seems fortunate that Knudsen only gets away with it because he misses him on the 'stamp' down. Or am I over reacting....................?