Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

It Has Just Got Even Worse For The Scum.

Strange how you interpret things, I was thinking they ought to show that to Mings as an example of how you could avoid standing on someone's face...

When you fall , normally everything 'softens' (ooh err) but Knudsen looks down and his left leg goes down in a forcible stamp motion. He was trying to do a job on Teemu imo.

I'm starting to wonder if Lambert took a red to save Nolan, if they'd gone down to 10 men before half time it could have got ugly. Lambert's 'performance ' kept 11 on the park, yes, he'll get a fine and they lost eventually but he earned brownie  points with their fans and showed his players that he backs them.... just a thought. 

9 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I know it wasn't the only strong challenge in the game and I haven't seen this anywhere else, so apologies if already covered, but did anyone else have a look at Knudsen's challenge on Pukki, when Teemu was toe poking the 3rd in? It doesn't look great, and it seems fortunate that Knudsen only gets away with it because he misses him on the 'stamp' down. Or am I over reacting....................? 

I was going to raise this. The footage from the Riverend direction would seem to show that Knudsen jumped into Teemu when he could have avoided him. Luckily he just bounced off Teemu, who is stronger than he looks.

What a bunch of ungracious, small-minded League One players.

I don't wish the injury on Sears, but it is hard not to use the word "Karma".

Today's gem from TWTD:-

"I like how we roughed them up, we were never going to win it as a game of football but we did a good job of kicking them all over the park."

If that is their mentality, if that is what  they are now reduced to then even League 1 is too good for them.

Seers outcome apart, there was deliberate attempt to harm in some of the Ipswich player's actions on the day.

The hysterical yob that is now Paul (the desperate) Lambert is a good fit for some of the binners.

I cannot seriously believe that such an approach would be condoned by most of their more normal supporters but, as with all football clubs, the great unwashed combined with a keyboard and a minimum level of literacy are able to convey such nonsense with ease and on a daily basis.

Passion? My bum!

Bobby Robson would be turning in his grave.

Edited by BroadstairsR

18 hours ago, Jools said:

15747425_10211831675726524_8628020493594713610_n.jpg

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

When you think he got his injury by fouling our man, it is poetic justice.

Two of the Brexiteers. Typical.

Disgusting that anybody would like to see a fellow human being injured.

It was just two players coming together with one picking up a career threatening injury. I hope the lad recovers and continues his career.

• Like 1

I feel for Sears personally but Im delighted and laughing at Ipswich. The two arent mutually exclusive. 

Its been a good ride for us Norwich fans. I enjoyed being told I should respect Lambert etc by other fans, which I came back at the time saying if he could do the same it would probably happen. 

Shockingly, the guy has no class and no respect for us and I hope him and Ipswich spend a long time in League One.

• Like 1

Hoola Han Solo

Wrote --

Two of the Brexiteers. Typical.Disgusting that anybody would like to see a fellow human being injured.It was just two players coming together with one picking up a career threatening injury. I hope the lad recovers and continues his career.

You are a little pre-occupied with the EU.

Could you please tell me how I'd like to see a fellow human being injured ?  All I stated was was that it was poetic justice, meaning that is exactly what he got due to his own actions.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself "final nail in the coffin" pretty obviously refers to the fact that 1p5wich, losing one of their few players who can score goals, now have effectively no chance of survival.  It clearly didn't refer to the player himself.

All I would say is that it's interesting we've had a lot of comments on this thread, relative to the number of comments about Vrancic, Buendia and Pukki, all of whom suffered repeated fouls which could easily have injured all 3, and Vrancic actually was injured and substituted before half time.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Two of the Brexiteers. Typical.

Disgusting that anybody would like to see a fellow human being injured.

It was just two players coming together with one picking up a career threatening injury. I hope the lad recovers and continues his career.

Thank goodness he isn’t Chinese 😉

• Like 1

It almost seems that Lambert put on his finest Glasgow accent, psyched himself up into his old street fighting mood and with deliberation put his team into a 'make bloody sure you rough the effers up frame of mind' in his post match talk.

A lot of their foul play was clearly deliberate and went far beyond the limits of sportsmanship, even as it exists in the modern game.

We are fortunate that Vrancic was our only casualty on the day, or so we hope.

Hurry back Mario.

They are professional footballers fighting for their lives in a derby, it is now becoming a regular tactic of the opposition to unsettle us by getting stuck in as they believe the best way to stop our slick pass and move style is to play on the edge. I don't believe they deliberately tried to injure us they were simply fired up as pro's believing that if they got in our faces and tackled hard they might get something out of the game. If they had stood off and admired our style they would have been severely thrashed. Got to feel for Sears, 9 months injured is not great for a footballer.

• Like 1

Blackburn amongst others also roughed up our players. We lost Leitner then. Yet for all of this it appears we ride over it all and look even more determined. Loved Pukki's piece today. He says they are working as hard as ever and know that is what's needed for the bigger prize. We have some grit about us too.

Edited by sonyc

Sorry RR.

I only half agree. There was a lot of malicious intent in some of their foul-riddled antics.

No,not to deliberately cause serious injury, I agree,  but more to impair in some way. eg: Vrancic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sorry RR.

I only half agree. There was a lot of malicious intent in some of their foul-riddled antics.

No,not to deliberately cause serious injury, I agree,  but more to impair in some way. eg: Vrancic.

I agree. I do not think they deliberately set out to cause serious injury, but they definitely were trying to foul deliberately on many occasions, or were going in recklessly in a way that's likely to be a foul and risks causing.

Hard and reckless tackling is seen as the obvious/simple tactic to stop better sides from playing their style and dominating possession, Ippo were on the edge deliberately targeting our skilful players, it was no surprise that the poorer team adopted this. We also have a few lads that know how to make the most of a dodgy tackle.

We are more than tough enough to overcome these sorts of tactics. Mentally tough and able to look after ourselves. I take it as a compliment that teams are reduced to considering this as a way of stopping us. The poorer the opposition the more likely they are to use it. 

I have never hated Ipswich. Yes when I was younger (I was once) I gave them stick home and away with the verbals. But when City were away I  used to  watch games at Portman Road to see the Bobby Moores and Charltons as we didn't ever look like getting them to Carrow Road on a League basis. Banter is banter and is great for all concerned.

Of course they have some naughty fans, as we probably do. But good on them for supporting their club when they are not far from Premier League teams. I don't wish to see them or any other club outside the Prem fail financially and run the risk of administration. Unfortunately, the greedy devils in the Prem have made that a close reality for most clubs outside that league.

And to lose potentially their best chance of scoring and someone who doesn't appear to be one of those charged with roughing us up a bit, really does look like the end for them this season and who knows how many others. He is still a young lad and lets hope he makes a full recovery.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is still a young lad and lets hope he makes a full recovery.

Sears is 29, but yes, I hope he recovers from his injury. They've lost Jon Walters and now Sears to long injuries now, leaving them with Quaner and Keane for the rest of the season and Quaner seems injury prone too.