Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

It Has Just Got Even Worse For The Scum.

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Final nail in the coffin.

rather like the condemned man finding there's a sausage missing off his last meal

I will never take a perverse pleasure in a player getting a serious injury. Especially something as soul and career destroying as an ACL injury. 

Good luck to Sears in his recovery and hopefully he’s back playing again as soon as possible. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"I will never take a perverse pleasure in a player getting a serious injury. Especially something as soul and career destroying as an ACL injury."

Nobody does, but I do not think any comments about this were intended as personal, more some mild humour at even more misfortune befalling the binners.

Sears has been largely out of favour with the Ipswich fans and has been generally derided and out of formforsome time.

Many blamed McCarthy for using him wide, not his most useful position apparently. I'm unsure as to whether Hurst used him at all.

He is the (only?) player to thrive since Lambert came in and his goals and general play recently have been one of the few positives for their fans.

It is a big blow and unfortunate for the player who was back at his best after some time in the wilderness.

A decent player but his loss would be minimal by comparison with us losing Teemu Pukki.

Edited by BroadstairsR

No turning point for Town yet then.

🤗 

Hard luck on Sears, but when things go wrong it tends to snowball 

There will eventually be a turning point but hopefully not for a while.👍

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

and he is out of contract in June

oh dear

or

" Town recently took up an option to keep Sears at Portman Road for the 2019/20 season. "

So he'll come in handy when he returns around next Xmas

They reckon it's all down to bad luck.

Apparently they've been unlucky for the last 36 years.

🤣

It was a foul, but hardly deserving of anything other than a free kick. He was making a driving run and slightly over run the ball.   How on earth is 9 months out poetic justice? Very unfortunate. Hope he gets over this and still can have a relatively lengthy playing career ahead of him.

From a purely selfish perspective, I just don't get why people are in such a hurry to see Ipswich go down. Surely, it's in our interests that all teams lower down the table  pick up points over our rivals. I suppose there are people on here hoping  Derby beat them on Wednesday. If things don't pick up, Ipswich will be down with around 4 games to go. They really need to be picking up 3 or 4 wins asap, somehow. That could prove to be in our interests. Their last 2 games are against Sheff U and Leeds. With nothing to play for, you could see a situation like that at Everton the other night, if we are fighting it out with Leeds and Sheff U for top two. I would rather them be celebrating an amazing relegation escape than celebrating their defeats to our rivals costing us. Let the relegation dog fight go right to the wire, however unlikely that will be. 

I'm kind of relieved the derby is now out of the way. We've got the 3 points. I'm in the minority but I find  all the gloating over Ipswich's plight boring. Fortunately we aren't Sheff U, who play 10 derbies - Rotherham, Leeds, Derby, Notts F, and, of course, Sheff W. 

Edited by makham
  • Like 4

The thing is makham it would be good to see our rivals drop points but we are top and the only team that can take that away from us between now and the end of the season is ourselves.

4 minutes ago, makham said:

It was a foul, but hardly deserving of anything other than a free kick. He was making a driving run and slightly over run the ball.   How on earth is 9 months out poetic justice? Very unfortunate. Hope he gets over this and still can have a relatively lengthy playing career ahead of him.

From a purely selfish perspective, I just don't get why people are in such a hurry to see Ipswich go down. Surely, it's in our interests that all teams lower down the table  pick up points over our rivals. I suppose there are people on here hoping  Derby beat them on Wednesday. If things don't pick up, Ipswich will be down with around 4 games to go. They really need to be picking up 3 or 4 wins asap, somehow. That could prove to be in our interests. Their last 2 games are against Sheff U and Leeds. With nothing to play for, you could see a situation like that at Everton the other night, if we are fighting it out with Leeds and Sheff U for top two. I would rather them be celebrating an amazing relegation escape than celebrating their defeats to our rivals costing us. Let the relegation dog fight go right to the wire, however unlikely that will be. 

I'm kind of relieved the derby is now out of the way. We've got the 3 points. I'm in the minority but I find  all the gloating over our rivals boring. Fortunately we aren't Sheff U, who play 10 derbies - Rotherham, Leeds, Derby, Notts F, and, of course, Sheff W. 

Well said. 

1 minute ago, makham said:

I'm kind of relieved the derby is now out of the way. We've got the 3 points. I'm in the minority but I find  all the gloating over our rivals boring. Fortunately we aren't Sheff U, who play 10 derbies - Rotherham, Leeds, Derby, Notts F, and, of course, Sheff W. 

Sunday was weird.  I was intermittently struck with a strange melancholy (in between cheering all the goals) when realising the difference in class between the two clubs now is huge, made more ironic by the fact that they actually played quite well.  It could be that we don't have any local rivalry with anyone for a number of years, if things keep going this way.

In which case, I nominate Leeds, Wolves or Sheff Utd as our surrogate Binners.

PS - Unlucky for Sears, no malice in his tackle, although it was a foul.  

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

As threads go, this one doesn't paint our fanbase in the best light...

Our fanbase? I don't think many threads on here could honestly claim to represent our fanbase king. 

Come to think of it, if Waveney represented our fan base, Carrow Road could be expanded to 100,000 capacity and still be sold out every home game ...............

Just now, westcoastcanary said:

Our fanbase? I don't think many threads on here could honestly claim to represent our fanbase king. 

Come to think of it, if Waveney represented our fan base, Carrow Road could be expanded to 100,000 capacity and still be sold out every home game ...............

Fair.

I do think a thread which is 80% of people taking the ****/claiming karmic justice because he committed a foul isn't a great look though.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Fair.

I do think a thread which is 80% of people taking the ****/claiming karmic justice because he committed a foul isn't a great look though.

I agree.

41 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Well said. 

Did you ever find that King Keano bloke for me? Surely that would be the honourable thing to do in this new spirit of camaradary between us fans? After all we wouldn't want to go back to the days of waving tenners at each other or taunting about the gap...

(It's 42 points BTW)

IMG_20190211_162356.jpg

38 minutes ago, Orly said:

Sunday was weird.  I was intermittently struck with a strange melancholy (in between cheering all the goals) when realising the difference in class between the two clubs now is huge, made more ironic by the fact that they actually played quite well.  It could be that we don't have any local rivalry with anyone for a number of years, if things keep going this way.

In which case, I nominate Leeds, Wolves or Sheff Utd as our surrogate Binners.

PS - Unlucky for Sears, no malice in his tackle, although it was a foul.  

I had this feeling too. I actually felt a large amount of sadness for Ipswich as a club and its fans. Rivalries only really work when the two teams are relatively equal and the two sides look a long time way apart right now. 

I do hope they can turn their situation around next season and I would one day love to see the East Anglian Derby return to being a top flight fixture. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think you need to read this thread again Kc as 2 replies out of 25 have shown a lack of sympathy towards Sears which is nowhere near your claim of 80%

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I had this feeling too. I actually felt a large amount of sadness for Ipswich as a club and its fans. Rivalries only really work when the two teams are relatively equal and the two sides look a long time way apart right now. 

I do hope they can turn their situation around next season and I would one day love to see the East Anglian Derby return to being a top flight fixture. 

Agreed - provided there's some kind of binding agreement where they have to keep 'being worse than us', at all times.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you need to read this thread again Kc as 2 replies out of 25 have shown a lack of sympathy towards Sears which is nowhere near your claim of 80%

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

When you think he got his injury by fouling our man, it is poetic justice.

2 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

Mustn’t laugh ha ha 

2 hours ago, Jools said:

15747425_10211831675726524_8628020493594713610_n.jpg

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

It’s a beautiful thing their top scorer with 6 is out

plenty of crap 💩 to replace him with though so Agent Lambert mission is not compromised 

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

And it was his fault

33 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

No ordinary foul....he tried to nobble Trybull...

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Final nail in the coffin.

Yep, just two...