Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Preston

Suspect it could be this, but would quite like to see Cantwell and McLean involved.

Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Godfrey Lewis

Tettey  Trybull

Buendia Stiepermann Hernandez  

Pukki

I'd go for that except i'd play McClean alongside Trybull. I suspect though he will go with Tettey which is fine also.

I was a little disappointed Farke didn't bring on McLean instead of Tettey yesterday as I thought he would have been perfect for that role. It looked to me that Tettey had the call to play higher up than Trybull and that does not suit him. There seems to be a bit of a pecking order going on.

I suspect it will be as ldc puts it but would like to see McLean given a run.

Actually I think I'd play Tettey. My natural inclination would be to see Mclean there instead but this is a very tough game. It's one I've been worried about for a while because of the need to get up for it after the previous high profile games. Going with something more defensive minded and making sure we keep it tight won't be a bad thing.

Another possibility would be to drop Stiepermann back with Trybull and bring in Mclean further forward

What I do know is that I trust DF to make the right decision. 

I was worried by Alex Tettey's brief performance yesterday. He looked off the pace. Stiepermann was also less effective. I really want to see McLean fully integrated and maybe 20 minutes of Moritz L.

As Hairy as said though I trust DF.

If Farke's managing to keep all the players outside the first team happy, fair play to him. I'm sure Hanley and Maclean in particular would have expected to get more playing time that they have.

If we were playing Bolton then I would like to see McLean given a go but I'd probably go with Tettey. 

Preston will be a tough game and we know what Tetbull are about. 

There's clearly no pecking order going on - Hanley would have been in weeks ago if there was!

Hanley will only come in for Zimbo and given Farke said he’s been our best defender this season, barring injury, that’s unlikely to happen. 

No Tetty had about 15 minutes on Sunday gave the ball away to often and couldn’t run back either. Mc clean for me

Think that our methodology is a little stretched with Tettey and Trybull as a pair. It’s solid and tough, though lacks sharp option angles for fluid passing. Tettey is a great terrier alongside a technical tactician who moves well into spaces  and is comfortable on the half turn in deeper link areas. 

Him and Trybull as a pair drift into battle mode a fraction too early when paired together and ice-in-The-mind passing suffers as a result. Both Vrancic and Leitner achieve this naturally to the benefit of the previous pass from defence and next ball - vertically forward when possible, circulating calmly if necessary.

Maclean might get a chance for that reason. Nothing quite went right for Stieperman on Sunday and his frustration with himself showed. The chances of ‘punishment’ from Farke for that game vs Bolton are zero I would think. It’s not his message. Expect him to be first name down to prove that very point. 

Parma 

• Thanks 1

I agree.

I have been anticipating a major role for McClean since his signing. This has failed to materialise due to injury and the form/establishment of others.

Now is his chance and, although Tettey continues to resurrect his effectiveness with admirable consistency, I would prefer him on the bench for this one.

McClean to start.

56 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

McClean must wonder why he signed 

He’s been injured and the team are top of the league - he can hardly expect to waltz into the team. 

Trybull used to play the more Leitner/Vrancic role at previous clubs so should be able to do it for Norwich. Although against Ipswich both the midfielders got too deep. In the 2nd half Trybull never touched the ball in Ipswich’s half. 

Preston are on the up form wise and will be a very different prospect to the nonsense that turned up at Carrow Road. A bit of solidity in midfield might be good - but a lot of creative responsibility will fall on Stiepermann. 

I can only assume those calling for Stiepers to be dropped did not see how poor we/Pukki looked without him at Brentford and West Brom (despite grinding out good results). Even when he's not on his game - and admittedly he was poor on Sunday - he is crucial to how we play. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

1 minute ago, Excited Canary said:

I can only assume those calling for Stiepers to be dropped did not see how poor we/Pukki looked without him at Brentford and West Brom (despite grinding out good results). Even when he's not on his game - and admittedly he was poor on Sunday - he is crucial to how we play. One of the first names on the team sheet for me.

He is the only player in the middle who looks comfortable carrying the ball 20-30 yards forward to change the position of play and also the only one with the physicality to win the odd aerial ball in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

He is the only player in the middle who looks comfortable carrying the ball 20-30 yards forward to change the position of play and also the only one with the physicality to win the odd aerial ball in the middle of the park.

Yep, at the moment we're actually pretty reliant upon him individually.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, at the moment we're actually pretty reliant upon him individually.

From what I've seen of him McLean seems like the person who could step in for him with the least issue- he looks confident with the ball at his feet and carrying possession forward. The aerial stuff less of his thing obviously.