Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Ipswich Then and Now

Clear to see,  one a gentleman, successful and respected throughout the game, who deserves the recognition that he received. The other, a sad shadow of a man who had the opportunity to achieve great things and let it slip through his fingers, and has become bitter and twisted as a result. 

• Like 1

Still, despite everything - as someone who’s felt relatively bitter towards PL over the years since he left - there are two things I noticed this weekend which have made me pause and consider .

First, he refused to say if he still holds a soft spot for us, when asked in the pre-match presser. His reply was quite telling - something like he wouldn’t be saying it in the circumstances.

And secondly, what he wore on the day. Plain black and no I*****h allegiance in sight.

After all the insults he’s hurled our way, from before he even left if the accounts are true, to losing it on the touch line yesterday, I believe he’s actually been respectful towards Norwich in a coded way.

Edited by GenerationA47
Typo

11 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

After all the insults he’s hurled our way, from before he even left if the accounts are true, to losing it on the touch line yesterday, I believe he’s actually been respectful towards Norwich in a coded way.

I don’t. He’s a self-delusional little man who is drowning in his own bitterness.

(And I don’t have a short memory, I’ve just decided to move on from the ancient history of his tenure as Norwich manager...)

Well, I’m allowing I might have got it wrong but just felt it’s food for thought.

For sure he’s done everything else to sully his reputation here.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a show of respect, but I do think he maybe regrets his behaviour and just wants to be loved by us, after all we are the only set of fans who have actually adored him. Unfortunately he's a gruff Scotsman who can't show his soft side so lashes out instead...

Edited by cornish sam