Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

The spat.

This is what Paul Lambert has stated to the media: I apologise in advance if this has been brought up elsewhere and I have missed that too!

The Scot added: "I'm not going to stand there and watch players run 30 yards to get people booked.

"And I'm certainly not going to let somebody come into our technical area - and I don't even know who it was - and provoke us, that's for sure.

Now I wasn’t at the match unfortunately, but I have watched the replay and more. Simply I did not see evidence of either event PL refers to

Personally  everything I have watched shows Paul Lambert as the aggressor, or did I actually miss something. I’m not a Lambert knocker here, he brought great times to supporters including me, and I thank him for that. It was the success many of us oldies craved, but Paul, the cameras do not lie. Or do they?

• Like 1

Nobody entered their technical area and nobody ran 30 yards to get someone booked. 

He knows his behaviour was abhorrent, but he'd rather blatantly lie than admit fault. What has happened to that bloke?

• Like 3

It is a general rule that the more someone is wrong about something, the more strongly they argue that they are right.

Of all the classy options PL has had whenever he comes back to Carrow Road, he invariably chooses none of them.

His behaviour yesterday was thuggish and suggests a brain scan might be advisable to see whether heading the ball during his playing career has caused some brain damage.

The meandering words of an increasingly desperate man.

2 relegations in 2 seasons will speak louder than words.

As you say the camera does not lie and what the cameras show very clearly are Lambert and his coaching staff, the other side of the half way line and in our technical area so he's essentially just lying again (as he did last week when talking about his departure from Norwich).  It may well be that one of our coaches suggested that their player should get a card but then their player had just committed a foul on Aarons that was so late and brutal it was arguably worthy of a red card.  Lambert actually gets dragged away from the melee and walked back about 20 yards into his own technical area by the steward/policeman but the whole incident takes place at the front of the home technical area.