Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Derby games, form goes out of the window

I can see them getting 20 points at ...........some time

Perhaps not this season, though 😥

ps out of the 3 divisions who play 46 games, the poor binners are the only club out of the 72 not yet to have gained 20 points

I could see them getting out it it....

... nah not really. I wouldn't mind seeing them about 4 points from safety with two game to go though, give them an incentive to take some points off Sheff Utd and Leeds. 

Derby games, form goes out of the window....

It certainly did, Norwich didn't even try to out pass the opposition and gave up passing from the back !

Edited by SwindonCanary

They had a game to disrupt us and target some of our more gifted players, and it worked in a sense that they fouled Vrancic and Bueinda constantly. With a stronger ref that would have been dealt with early on and I suspect we would have then dominated the game and scored perhaps more.

Credit to them though. They are as individuals very short on footballing skill apart from the odd player, but as a team they stuck to the task and limited us to 3 goals (as silly as that sounds).

At no point did I feel we were going to lose or even draw that match, but it was certainly the poorest I have seen City play for a while and was due to being dragged down to their level at times. Plus the need to just get the job done.

The atmosphere was okay but the midday kick off can kill it for all unfortunately. We have great vocal support but the main banks are in the Snakepit and blocks D and E Barclay which are separated. So often there are two songs being sung, but when it comes together it is loud and boisterous.

If their support had turned up and were not vocal I would have been worried (for them). I was not particularly impressed with the away fans.

Or their struggling manager.

• Like 1

At home to Wigan 1-0, Millwall 4-3, Rotherham 3-1, Bolton 3-2, Binners 3-0. They are the worst. Clutching at any other straw would be sheer folly.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It certainly did, Norwich didn't even try to out pass the opposition and give up passing from the back !

err, that's not form - which is  previous ability, not method

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

...except when it doesn't. 

Alternative assessment: except when it does, but it doesn't matter because

"form is temporary, class is permanent"

(As a certain set of fans like to recite, rather more spuriously... Now I can't  for the life of me remember which club's.... but how apt for yesterday)

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

err, that's not form - which is  previous ability, not method

Care to rephrase that, as I don't understand it

Form, as with horse racing, is a measure of what has happened before ie previous races, won/lost etc

Not by what method those races were won or lost as you suggested

All I was stating was from your "Derby Games form goes out the window"  was there was a change in tactics due to this.

Edited by SwindonCanary

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All I was stating was from your "Derby Games form goes out the window"  was there was a change in tactics due to this.

I give up 🙄