Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Vrancic

Key player today again - his bravery at the first goal led to a foot in the face.

His subsequent treatment by the opposition, several cynical hacks at him, was horrendous to watch. 

Hopefully his ankle injury won't keep him out too long.

He has been huge for us for weeks and absolute class. I felt he was targeted today. Every time there was a nasty foul he seemed to be on the end of it. It didn't look good when he limped off did it but you never know. Bit of a poser for DF if both him and Mo are out for any length of time.

A simply wonderful player. He was probably our best player in the latter part of last season and once he got back into the team this season he's just got better and better. They went after him because they know how f*cking good he is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

He has been huge for us for weeks and absolute class. I felt he was targeted today. Every time there was a nasty foul he seemed to be on the end of it. It didn't look good when he limped off did it but you never know. Bit of a poser for DF if both him and Mo are out for any length of time.

Might give McLean the chance he has been waiting for, but quite possibly we will see Cantwell back in the team after all his good work  earlier in the season.   Would quite like to see McLean given his chance from the start of a match though.

He was certainly targeted today and successfully so unfortunately. From my view point looked like he was given a dead leg during their corner.

Their tactics of 'lump and thump' failed against a team who rarely got out of second gear.

Great player, definitely improved the ball winning aspects of his play too.

Believe Farke has confirmed a twisted ankle, unlikely to make either of this week's remaining games.

Although the ref provided the biggest laugh of the game by sending the classless one off....he was weak throughout, not stamping down on their petistsnt fouling and allowing things to spill over on 3 occasions when he lost control of it.

....and of course vrancic was a victim of their constant fouling.

Time for Leirner to step in if required

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Great player, definitely improved the ball winning aspects of his play too.

Believe Farke has confirmed a twisted ankle, unlikely to make either of this week's remaining games.

Good job there's no more games this week then 😉

In all seriousness tho, I was hoping to see his sexy face at Deepdale so I'm a bit gutted about that.

Is Leitner ready to come back for that? Perhaps we will see McLean given a start.

• Haha 1

Shame he's likely to be out for a bit - he has been in terrific form.

On a positive, Leitner can't be far away and it's a chance to see a bit more of Mclean potentially.

9 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Good job there's no more games this week then 😉

In all seriousness tho, I was hoping to see his sexy face at Deepdale so I'm a bit gutted about that.

Is Leitner ready to come back for that? Perhaps we will see McLean given a start.

I thought Sunday is the first day of the week?!

Twisted ankle should hopefully only be a week right? Just needs the bruise to go down and hope there is no actual ligament damage or anything.

Unfortunately you don't get much protection the days, especially not in this league. Imagine he will probably miss the next couple of games at least, he had a moon boot on in the dugout in the second half.