Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Team Photograph Please!

This is my team for the final push in 2004:

- 1st Wiz would be in the space nearest the closest toilet for quick access
- DerbyCanary would take one wing as, given his gegraphical experience, he would probably be very thick skinned for away games
- I''d put Diane and greatgazza on the other wing together so if they want to spend time patting each other on the back they won''t overly interfere with play
- ....Hold on, on second thoughts, I think I''d put Diane in goal as it''s clear that nothings getting through so far
-Big Dave is an obvious striker because "GOAL" is always spelled in capital letters
- I''d put Anderz in at fullback which would give him a clear view of assessing players Premiership potential
-IrishCanary could play in midfield as he covers a lot of real estate
-King Juan of Spain would anchor the defence and, in the unlikely event that the opposition is too fast for us, we''ll just give them the "Royal Wave" as they go by
-Snake Pit Rebel would play a link role as he communicates very well with Diane and gazzathegreat
-SaintCanary would captain the team to make sure we avoid cursing each other to exhaustion
-WorthyOut could be a utility player and if Nigel starts to mess with us we have a ready replacement
-Old Man Andy,Beelsie and YankeeCanary would have to fill the subs bench because, while we have oodles of experience, the creaking joints would sound like a referee''s whistle
and, finally, Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones would be given a special bench on the touchline so that, if we are unhappy with the teams performance, we can run right over and access more cash.

Happy New Year everyone!

So where do we play you then Yankee despite you duff joints?, let me see, sub as you say, I think is your natual position, is this so you can come on when the real work has been done, or in other words, late as usual!.

PS. I''m now thinking of you whilst I''m on the loo, and yes, it works a treat everytime!.

PS. As it was you YC, who suggested a merging between our beloved City and them who cannot be named, I think its you that should be closest to the loo mate, preferably head first!.

YankeeCanary,
This message board used to be about having fun,making friends,being able to express opinions freely and being able to disagree with others in a light-hearted way! I dont know what I have done personally to upset you but your comments aimed at me recently seem to be nasty and not fun anymore.I have hardly posted in the past few days,just doesn''t seem worth it if you are going to be verbally attacked each time so I hope you are feeling pleased with yourself.Xmas this year has been particularly difficult for me and you can be well satisfied that you havent helped at all!
Diane.

Diane, don''t let it get to you - you carry on and say it as you see it. And you''re dead right about what this forum is for. YC was right about me and the creaking bones though... I''m pleased to have made the subs'' bench, but I''m no Iwan Roberts.

yankee canary, what connections do you have with the good ole US of A then, just intrigued lol

suppose i should be flattered i made your team, they are promotion contenders i hope?

me and diane could always give you a bit of back chat mate, and as for 1st wiz and snake pit rebel, yeah, they are sound, and far sounder of mind ( if you had one mate, you could be dangerous!!) and body

i am regretful you left out my good mate rainbowchaser as he would kick the stuffing out of you if you ever showed your face on a match day pmsl

So, just who are you, if you are really in america, i trust you might just stay there, good luck by the way with the merger between ipswich and colchester!!

diane, don''t worry girl, don''t take insults like his to heart, we got what we wanted eh!! no one can take that away, now for winning the championship, anyone going to call me a realist?

diane, don''t let this idiot get you down eh? You and me and the rest took all the doubters on, not only did we get DH, but i formed one of the best friendships of my entire life with a fellow poster on here, so it can be done, i just wish some people on here would think before they just ranted on regardless, tactics, team selections, fine, but personal attacks no.

So yankee canary, just leave it eh, what is it that upsets you SO much about what diane has said, she is a true city fan who passionately stuck to her beliefs over hucks and that we should sign him. Okay, being of similar ideals, i agreed with her, but i also respected those who didn''t always see eye to eye with me, for instance mook and a1 canary. We are all entitled to opinions and at times it did get a bit heated and personal. But come on, time to let it go eh, an apology to diane, please yankee!!!

and diane, keep on posting girl, we all miss you!

Diane, I am truly sorry that you have had a difficult time at Christmas and I am going to commit a cardinal sin on a public message board ( assuming the screeners will allow me ) and give you my personal e-mail address ( cpickett@optonline.net ) because if you will send me your address I will communicate with you personally, something I do not think should be happening on public message boards. This is intended with goodwill for you only and not for others.
However, in light of some of the responses I have seen, I do want to make one or two observations here to all and sundry. First, my comments as they relate to you Diane ( or anyone else ) are not personal attacks or insults. They are observations of your opinions and others opinions on a public message board. I do not curse ( hopefully this site screens out that kind of thing anyway ), call people idiots, tell them they are life''s sad mixers, advise them that I know someone who would kick the stuffing out of them etc. I am too well mannered for that. Yet the very people who accuse me of such things are happy to do that themselves.
Your latest reaction to this post was similar to the reaction you had to posts from a couple of others a few days ago when people were making constructive suggestions to you as to how to most efficiently use the message board for the enjoyment of all. Your response was basically " I can do what I want, when I want and how I want". Do you understand how others see you in your reactions. You can''t have open rules for yourself and then tell other people the guidelines for how they should input on a public message board.
I don''t know anybody''s personal situation or do they know mine. But when engaging in commentary on a public message board all comments are fair game as long as they and the reactions are civilized.
Notwithstanding all of the above I love to read what you have to say Diane and really enjoy the enthusiasm of you as Canary supporter. That will not stop me, however, offering critical commentary back on others opinions.

Seems to me like it was only a bit of fun and at times quite witty...If people think this messageboard is getting nasty they should stay well clear of the rest of the Internet! Additionally if you''re at all bothered about any comments people make on the Internet then you need to have a long hard look at yourself!!

Honestly I think this is one of the best messageboards around for City fans and as personalities come out there''s going to be a bit of friction but who really cares as long as the mighty Canaries are flying high?!

whats your problem then yc, all you had to do was to apologise to diane not write an essay!
jeeze you spout on about observations of opinions and crap about critical commentary, sounds like someone bought you the beginers guide to psychology for xmas!

chill out and have fun, cause thats what its all about!

Let me make it short for you rainbowchaser so you can comprehend my previous message:
1. There was nothing to apologise for on a public message board
2. I am having fun!

yankee

at the risk of getting banned from this site

just lay off eh, diane didn''t deserve your comments mate, and rainbow doesn''t either, god just what lights up your life eh and why do you feel the need to insult other people like this? If you think i am insulting you mate, i am only asking why you are doing it yourself. Why?

you can call me what you like mate, others on this board have done it much better than you, but you just leave diane alone. What was said re huckerby and that particular period in our club''s history is over. Diane and i, plus others were right!! We predicted he would sign and spent hours on here, yes, sad eh, but we were commmitted to our cause. But when you start to make personal insults about people, without knowing their circumstances - just leave it eh

As for your shot at rainbow, i am telling you now mate, don''t go there!!! If your idea of having fun is taking the piss out of other people than i really hope you wake up one day and see the light. Just grow up