Sign in to follow this  
unique

Emi Buendia

Where do you start with this guy?

Our young defenders are deservedly getting plenty of plaudits, but Buendia’s consistency of

performance has been excellent. He must be Norwich’s most fouled player this season, but 

(apart from late on today, maybe) just gets up and gets on with it.

Creativity, drive, assists, work-rate, the odd goal, tackling, confidence - he doesn’t seem to have a weakness.

Possibly adapted to English football quicker than any other foreign player that has signed for Norwich City?

Does he bring a smile to the face of any other City supporter whenever he plays?

• Like 2

He's an absolute joy to watch. Has a touch of the Mascherano in the way he isn't the biggest but he is strong as a pitbull and can hold players off to retain possession.

A little genius. Hopefully he’ll be with us in the PL next season, wouldn’t look at all out of place there.

Incredible to think we sold the Murphys for 20 mil+ combined, and picked this guy up for next to nothing (was it less than 2 mil?)

Fantastic player, really has it all and refreshingly combative for such a creative player.

• Like 4

He is so good with his feet - better than both Wes and Madders you could argue. The ball just seems to stick to his foot, left or right. His little flicks and eye for a pass are absolutely key for us in the final third. Last season we really missed that final ball.

He is emotionally charged though - which is both a good and a bad thing. He can sometimes get a little stroppy and melodramatic, which I'd like to see him mature on a little bit.

Take nothing away from him though. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

His two assists for Pukki's goals today were inch perfect, not just the angles but the weight on the ball too. Still required a lot from Pukki to beat Bialkowski, but it was Emi who beat the covering defenders.

Probably one of our standout players of the season. His temperament is something we have been missing in the team.

Pukki was immense today as well, putting himself about as well as the 3 goals (yes one was disallowed)

Like the comment about Madders and Wes HertsCanary. In one little unit like EMI he is so creative. He simply produces. He is someone like Wes, you look forward to watching. What a purchase.

• Like 1

He was fantastic today, and regarding his temperament I thought he kept his cool today better than he's done in the past, particularly given the occasion.

It's all the little things he does that make him such a standout for me with chasing, harrying, tackling and always wanting the ball and looking to make things happen. He has great feet but what makes him such a talent is his speed of thought playing those quick passes that can create a chance out of nothing.

Absolutely brilliant player. I've loved every second I've seen from him this season. 

Emi Buendia, from Argentina

He came to Norwich from sunny Spain

He's 5 foot 7, he's football heaven

Please don't take our Emi away.

• Like 2

Personally I think he’s absolute top class.

Even when he gets annoyed (normally after being fouled umpteen times) he just stops from going too far.  Whereas the Murphy lads could be taken out of a game by a physical defender, I’ve never seen that happen to Emi 

5 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

He is emotionally charged though - which is both a good and a bad thing. He can sometimes get a little stroppy and melodramatic, which I'd like to see him mature on a little bit.

Take nothing away from him though. Absolutely brilliant.

I’m generally not a fan of “unprofessional” players who can’t keep a lid on it when it’s in their team’s interest to do so. But somehow I can forgive Emi anything, it’s obvious he cares.

Pure quality in every aspect, the more they foul him the more he wants the ball. Always confident to try things even when in tight situations in his own penalty area which won't always come off. Must be in line for a call up to the national team.

He is class. I used to get frustrated by him early on, when he would just stop if he thought he was fouled and just watch in disbelief for a second or two as the opposition charged forward.

But now he just gets on with it.

Watching the build up to the 3rd goal gets better everytime, when he received the ball centrally, turns to run or pass right across the pitch then in the same moment swivels to run towards goal losing two Ipswich players 

10 minutes ago, Red Rufus said:

Plus lots of ability, I am a massive fan, howcthe hell was he playing second tier Spanish football last year on loan?

Indeed. However if there ever was an argument for the case that some players fit clubs/systems used, this is certainly it. 

Much like a G Holt. There must be more players that appear to fit in so well like he has, having come from no where.

From Daniel Farke's presser...........

"Todd got a hit against his ankle. It's not too bad and I think he'll be okay for Preston. 

Emi is used to being kicked! He's okay."

😀

• Like 4