Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

"I won't let the emotion of the occasion affect me"

Right from the start, he was making it all about him, he stood outside the bench for 5 minutes before the game started having told one of our fans to eff off, he was almost inviting abuse, he didn’t get that much to be fair, but after that ridiculous tantrum after that very poor tackle he was always bound to get more.

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Right from the start, he was making it all about him, he stood outside the bench for 5 minutes before the game started having told one of our fans to eff off, he was almost inviting abuse, he didn’t get that much to be fair, but after that ridiculous tantrum after that very poor tackle he was always bound to get more.

That was the weird thing, unusual for him to be so confrontational so quickly. I really thought he’d play the pantomime villain and love all the flak from the fans but he was angry as soon as he got to the bench. What did he expect to happen when he came out at CR after the way he’s acted the other times he’s come back? 

Clueless and classless

Petulant child-like behaviour. All 'me me me'. Still i suspect he will be shown the door very soon.

Nope I think there’s a proper Lambert love in south of the border, I guess he doesn’t want to blow his cover just yet, perhaps he’s planning on taking them to league 2.

He was an embarrassment. Farke's wink made it all worthwhile though.

Saying that, I reckon it's the sort of thing that Ipswich fans will lap up as being amazing etc etc and buy him even more time.

• Like 1

He is still ranting as well it seems.

Maybe he should have a look at his team's results since he came in before blowing his top. 🤣

He should of been reprimanded earlier. Was constantly running out of his box down the touch line.

The genteel support of the city stand certainly got wound up about it at times. The Red card was coming with his antics 

50 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Class bit of poetry Fuzzar - love it.

PS, I know your avatar is David Byrne but I've always thought it looked like Denis Healey at that size!

His post match on the radio was hilarious - could he not see the game from where he was in the second half?

December 2018:

‘I’m pretty sure we will be having the last laugh’ – Lambert remains convinced Town’s fortunes will turn

Think he must be joining a Comedy Club.

🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, duke63 said:

December 2018:

‘I’m pretty sure we will be having the last laugh’ – Lambert remains convinced Town’s fortunes will turn

Think he must be joining a Comedy Club.

🤣🤣

They won't turn as much as a 42 point gap will they though?

After next weekend, with 45 points left on the table, all those private bets about who is going to finish higher this season can be cashed in - before mid-February!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Class bit of poetry Fuzzar - love it.

PS, I know your avatar is David Byrne but I've always thought it looked like Denis Healey at that size!

Who's a silly Billy?!:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

I thought the fracas was a classic ' hold me back, hold me back'. The Norwich guy with the beard could have wrung him out like a pair of trousers on the Ganges. I have always given him credit for those great seasons, but today I thought he was pathetic, and certainly a man in decline, and deep down, he probably knows it.

Edited by dj11
  • Like 2

He really is ‘pulling a fast one’ on the binner’s support isn’t he? Bigging up crap performances, paying away travel and then today... His little tantrum has deflected their attention from yet another tepid defeat, meanwhile the fan base, with nothing else to cling to laps it up because it shows ‘real passion’. That passion ain’t going to be a lot of help when he has to sit in the stands for thenext few games. He knows he’s been sold a pup- and is doing everything he can to endear himself so he can get stay in paid employment for a little bit longer.

Had a lot of respect for him before today – ok we couldn’t hear what was said but we could see the behaviour. Hogesar spot on – he was an embarrassment. Swindon, he went for us once, remember at Tranmere where Ilderton let the home side play volleyball?

Swindon, he went for us once, remember at Tranmere where Ilderton let the home side play volleyball?

Away at Tranmere in League One

Sorry did'nt remember that one, coz it's not a match I attended

Nor me Swindon, but recall the utter disbelief in the tv commentator's voice when a blatant handball was overlooked before a goal, one of a string of strange decisions. Think Gary Karsa went too for a spectacular strop in the aftermath of Lambert's red for entering the playing area to return the ball. Must be an archive of it somewhere, comedy gold if not so potentially serious to the campaign.

The Scot added: "I'm not going to stand there and watch players run 30 yards to get people booked.

"And I'm certainly not going to let somebody come into our technical area - and I don't even know who it was - and provoke us, that's for sure.

"I stood my ground - do I regret it? No I don't.

"This club was in League One when I was here. Short memories."

Norwich boss Daniel Farke said: "I have a lot of time for Paul Lambert and 95% of the Ipswich staff are fine but there are one or two guys - you can lose a game, but show a little bit of class, quality and style.

"I was a bit annoyed to be honest with how they handled it. Respect human beings and the words you choose, because there are children around and there are more important things in life than football.

"Some of their staff who were not so much in the spotlight - my feeling was they wanted to use today in order to prove something and I think you'd better not do this when you're in this position in the league."

Lambert responded: "I don't think he should be commenting on my staff. I certainly won't have him talking about my staff. He should look at his own staff first before he comments on anyone else's.

"The referee sent off the wrong guy for them. It wasn't that guy that I was arguing with."

Looks like you will have to work your magic once again Paul. And let's face it, you have only done it once. And learn a bit of decorum from our Coach.

Rather reminded me of a marriage split when stuff gets said that is probably best not said. Lambert wound himself up today, probably under some belief that without him we would have been finished.

Here was a chance for him to perhaps build bridges, not behave like some Fathers for Justice moron, while Farke looked on as if to say 'see I told you he was the one to blame'.

So, in light of today's behaviour they can only be one clip

Dear Mr Lambert. 

As a long term supporter of NCFC I’ve held you in high regard for your work and time that you gave us . You helped us through hard times and gave us some of our best years in a wonderful rise back up to the promised land.

i overlooked your leaving to Villa and the way we parted . I’m sure McNally could be hard to work with and for what ever personal reasons you wanted to move on.

in moving to our biggest rivals I still held you in high regard but unfortunately over the last few days your comments have been hard to take.  We did thank you for your work, we idolised you even though you chose to move on .

But today you crossed the line. Your actions today have over shadowed the great work you did.

to admit you would do the same again , as a professional manager, shows you find it hard to control your emotions. Teams need a manager to be beside the pitch and not in the stands. 

Edited by Mr Tea
  • Like 2

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_2/8583167.stm

sorry, a tech fail

Edited by crispeduk