Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The Barclay End Flags

4 hours ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

So you expected it to go from no flags to Saturdays awesome display in one game? Naïve at best.

Well i never, David Sewell pops up to respond to a post of mine. Maybe you should also read what i actually said about The pride of Anglia banner which was that it was very impressive and made an observation as to why it was not used Saturday. Puntino has given an answer so get back in your box until the next time you want to indulge yourself with your agenda.

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well i never, David Sewell pops up to respond to a post of mine. Maybe you should also read what i actually said about The pride of Anglia banner which was that it was very impressive and made an observation as to why it was not used Saturday. Puntino has given an answer so get back in your box until the next time you want to indulge yourself with your agenda.

You two should be on the undercard of Fightmare. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Any reasonable person and genuine City fan could see it was work in progress. Well done to ALONG come Norwich AND The Barclay End Projekt.

20 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

Any reasonable person and genuine City fan could see it was work in progress. Well done to ALONG come Norwich AND The Barclay End Projekt.

Barclay End Projekt changed their name well over two years ago to Barclay End Norwich but then again any reasonable and genuine City fan would know that.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Barclay End Projekt changed their name well over two years ago to Barclay End Norwich but then again any reasonable and genuine City fan would know that.

Says the man who had no idea they were anything to do with the flags on the first place 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

Says the man who had no idea they were anything to do with the flags on the first place 😂😂😂

Yeah but i did know their name.

In terms of colour, our flags and banners are the best colour combination and look magnificent. Remember when the old South Stand had those awful red and blue ones? 

When the skies are brighter canary yellow
I forget ev'ry cloud I've ever seen,
So they called me a cockeyed optimist
Immature and incurably green.

Well done to all the people involved in sorting this out over the season.Fantastic job lads and lasses.You should be proud of what you done.

• Like 2

Absolutely Herman. It’s made a massive difference to the atmosphere and looks phenomenal. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next year. Think Til needs to eat some humble pie on this one, what they have achieved on a relatively small budget has been remarkable. Love our yellow wall and the scarf version for away games... watch every club in the prem copy it next season when it starts getting more media attention

• Like 1

Wanted to echo the rest of the praise. It has been a delight being in the lower Barclay this season - fantastic atmosphere. Less importantly it also looks absolutely brilliant on the TV.

Hopefully we can keep the yellow wall for years to come! 👍

Here, here.

I reckon we might be trailblazers next season and other clubs might follow.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Absolutely Herman. It’s made a massive difference to the atmosphere and looks phenomenal. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next year. Think Til needs to eat some humble pie on this one, what they have achieved on a relatively small budget has been remarkable. Love our yellow wall and the scarf version for away games... watch every club in the prem copy it next season when it starts getting more media attention

I did earlier in this thread KIO but you missed it as did one or two others it would appear.

• Like 1

It looks terrific.

Perhaps now we’re in the PL the club could put aside a contribution to maintain and build on it?

3 minutes ago, unique said:

It looks terrific.

Perhaps now we’re in the PL the club could put aside a contribution to maintain and build on it?

Club haven't put any money in as they don't want accusations of manufacturing an atmosphere, or taking control of it from the fans.  Right call imo, although given the unity that has swept the club, I suspect they may offer to match any funds raised for next year.

I suspect that another round of crowdfunding might result in a significant budget increase this year, given the wild success it has been and the fact that we are up. 

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Club haven't put any money in as they don't want accusations of manufacturing an atmosphere, or taking control of it from the fans.  Right call imo, although given the unity that has swept the club, I suspect they may offer to match any funds raised for next year.

I suspect that another round of crowdfunding might result in a significant budget increase this year, given the wild success it has been and the fact that we are up. 

I can understand it all being kept ‘distant’ from the club, but would hope there was some sort of funding they could stump up out of the £mega millions that the club’s about to come into.

My only thing was that it was disappointing there were no flags in the upper Barclay last night, after us getting a go vs Sheff Wed + it does seem a bit odd that those huge mega banners only had one use to-date.

That does look awesome, I have to say- well done chaps. Displays like this seem to really work in yellow (see Dortmund..., albeit on a much bigger scale!). It’d be superb to have the same in the Upper Barclay too, the club ought to help out to make it happen (imo).

4 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

That does look awesome, I have to say- well done chaps. Displays like this seem to really work in yellow (see Dortmund..., albeit on a much bigger scale!). It’d be superb to have the same in the Upper Barclay too, the club ought to help out to make it happen (imo).

Yes, fair play to all those involved in making this happen. It certainly looks impressive in the ground and probably more so on TV.

I think perhaps some of us don't realise the effort that goes into this sort of thing so well done and thank you again.

• Like 1

Superb job by ACN & BEN. 

Well done to everybody involved. Also great to see so many scarves all around the ground. 

Togetherness!

OTBC

12 hours ago, Herman said:

Well done to all the people involved in sorting this out over the season.Fantastic job lads and lasses.You should be proud of what you done.

They were fantastic yesterday, great to see Timu go in to the crowd to sign the Finnish flag

• Like 1