Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The Barclay End Flags

Looks great and well done to all involved. People moaning about it need to take a look at themselves.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, River End Canary said:

New levels of tinpottery were achieved today

when is the drum being introduced to complete the effect?

I hope that's a joke?!

Hats off to all the people involved for improving the atmosphere and match day experience.

44 minutes ago, kirku said:

People moaning about it need to take a look at themselves

Maybe some people should learn the difference between moaning and making a genuine observation unless of course only one person in a crowd of 26,000 was expecting to see it at all home games.

13 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Some people are still taking flags home after games, please stop doing it, I made donations to see the flags more than once. 

had to remind someone yesterday to give it back after they tried to hide it

Good show and impressive display of the flags an' stuff before kick off......It's a bit sad that some flag waving participants feel the need to retain the temporarily issued and 'loaned' flags.....Have a word with yourselves..... :classic_dry: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Good show and impressive display of the flags an' stuff before kick off......It's a bit sad that some flag waving participants feel the need to retain the temporarily issued and 'loaned' flags.....Have a word with yourselves..... :classic_dry: 

Could the stewards not get involved somehow, perhaps to remind the few 'forgetting' to leave them at the end?

Would be a massive shame if they were to gradually disappear after such an effort.

Great display again yesterday.

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

had to remind someone yesterday to give it back after they tried to hide it

Urgh, really ****ty behaviour.

47 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

Goal music, flags,  the drum completes the tinpot trio 

I haven't heard the goal music above the celebrations for a good while now, can't see the flags from where I am, which is shame, they look fantastic in the pics, and would firmly back a drum in the River End. 🤣

10 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

If a drum appears I’m off

So if a drum appears you’re going to beat it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't get to games very often, when I go I expect some atmosphere, if you want to watch in silence, stay home and watch it on tv, give your Ticket to someone else. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

So if a drum appears you’re going to beat it?

Id imagine he has repetitive strain injury from all the beating he does already.

• Haha 2

Maybe someone took that Pride of Anglia banner home that i was talking about ? If it was exclusively for the Scum game it will be years before we see it again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The pictures posted by East Rider suggests it was there Tilly, maybe it was before a lot of us got into the ground?......

The photos posted by East Rider are dated 10th Feb the day of the Scum game. The photo by Sussex yellow is of yesterdays game. That banner was not used yesterday FJSPSOB and i am merely questioning why not. Surely somebody knows as it was very impressive when displayed.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The photos posted by East Rider are dated 10th Feb the day of the Scum game. The photo by Sussex yellow is of yesterdays game. That banner was not used yesterday FJSPSOB and i am merely questioning why not. Surely somebody knows as it was very impressive when displayed.

It has not been used since the derby. 

It would be nice if it made an appearance perhaps each time there is a game on the tele. It looks that impressive!

I wouldn't be surprised that IF we went up it featured on MOTD. Now that would be annoying for the shower below us 

We are fortunate that we are the only Club in this part of the Country, forget 1p5wich, they're not famous anymore.

If we go up, we have a unique identity that we should be proud of and with the worldwide audience that the Premier League offers, we should make the most of the opportunity to promote ourselves as,not just another big City Club. 

Get that flag out, tell the World who we are!

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe some people should learn the difference between moaning and making a genuine observation unless of course only one person in a crowd of 26,000 was expecting to see it at all home games.

You moaned about the whole thing from the moment it was announced

• Like 1

Due to taking a couple of friends, I had to buy tickets when they went on general sale, It meant I was too close to the Bristol City fans, but on the good side, i did get a good view on the flags !

2 hours ago, kirku said:

You moaned about the whole thing from the moment it was announced

I would check my posts if i were you before making such a sweeping incorrect statement. I was critical at the outset because it looked poor, i then more recently said it had improved greatly and my last post said it was very impressive.

You could of course answer the question as to why it was not used on Saturday which after all was the point of my recent posts.

Edited by TIL 1010

I guess they didn't use the Pride of Anglia flag on Saturday as they used the One City Strong letters (personally, I'm not a fan of that slogan).  Those letters are on long sticks so I assume they couldn't be seen if the big flag was used as well.  There's a big Fashanu flag as well - is that only used on Rainbow laces week?

I'm sure it takes lots of organising and is looking really impressive - and shame on those who are trying to take the flags home.

FYI, the Pride of Anglia surfer isn't planned to be used imminently, although might make another appearance at some point. But we might have plans for another big flag (we do) so just watch this space. 

The Pride of Anglia one was pretty derby centric, with iconic goal celebrations from against Ipswich, ideally we'd have something a bit more generic if we were going to wheel it out regularly. 

Bottom line is though we doubt we'd do the same surfer every game, regardless of what's on it. That would just get too samey. 

Edited by Puntino
  • Like 1

It really does look awesome and think its a great intialtive. Thumbs up to all involved (and to me for waving one 🤪)

I'm not a fan of manufacturing an atmosphere and would usually moan and criticise. But from the riverend the flags look great, the atmosphere is awesome. When we sang on the ball city on Saturday I looked around me and you could just feel the magic. What a season. 

So well done those involved with getting the flags

OTBC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I would check my posts if i were you before making such a sweeping incorrect statement. I was critical at the outset because it looked poor, i then more recently said it had improved greatly and my last post said it was very impressive.

You could of course answer the question as to why it was not used on Saturday which after all was the point of my recent posts.

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

I guess they didn't use the Pride of Anglia flag on Saturday as they used the One City Strong letters (personally, I'm not a fan of that slogan).  Those letters are on long sticks so I assume they couldn't be seen if the big flag was used as well.  There's a big Fashanu flag as well - is that only used on Rainbow laces week?

I'm sure it takes lots of organising and is looking really impressive - and shame on those who are trying to take the flags home.

So you expected it to go from no flags to Saturdays awesome display in one game? Naïve at best.

Surely no-one really wants to criticise the use of flags etc. Take a look round other grounds who are quite happy to display the joy of supporting their own club and also happy to crow on about it whether it is posts on forums, wearing colours on holiday or any other way of saying look at me I'm a Norwich supporter.

My bad Tilly, I never look at the date of posts, not having a go at you, in fact I agree that the banner should be unfurled at every home game, I am guessing the stringent rules at grounds in the UK have something to do with it which is a shame as our fellow fans in continental Europe seem to be allowed some magnificent banners, displays etc (My favourite is the CSKA Sofia Star Wars effort)........

The whole thing looked fantastic on Saturday  - and the march to the Ground against the binners got brilliant coverage. 

Anyone caught nicking the flags should be named and shamed. Take their season ticket away - can't be too hard to find them? 

ACN broke down how much they spent and how much each display for the games cost. It's actually a shed load more than I thought it'd be!

I think they've done really well with the money and it is great to see the Barclay looking so alive with colour.

• Like 1