Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Twtd forum

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm sorry, people have missed what happened.  The ipswich player walked past him and stood on his foot.  He tried to push him off and went down, appealing to the ref.   Look at a replay!  Standing on a player's foot with the blades they have on is no joke.

Nelson Oliveira's face will testify to that...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

There are at least 2 pinkun regulars on there having their fun! 

I'd love to have the chance. I've tried half a dozen times to register on there without success.

Just had a quick look-and I like the comment “we gave it a really good go, we’re just not very good”

i think “really good” is over egging it and a lot of people are confusing having possession with playing well. But they did have a decent go, they are just not very good.

Good to see that caughtwanking has returned from his exile at Center Parcs(was it him?)

Ah but you have to understand that they were expecting a hammering and given their direction of travel, a 3-0 defeat in the overall scheme of things is being taken as some sort of result.

Never mind that they are still rock bottom or that they are one game closer to League One, the fact that they played with a bit of passion is enough to keep them happy. They are obviously easily pleased.

I think today may just have been when blind delusion met grim reality...smack bang in the face.

They were better than I expected, but even that doesn't say much about them. Utterly toothless up front. And apart from one shot there really wasn't anything that anyone City fan might regard as us being a bit lucky. In fact they seemed to be using a ploy that involved shots trundling along at the pace you might see at some village fete 'bowling for a pig' attraction.

If you can be ar sed a visit to twtd is a mixture of amusement and pity, but does give the chance to play 'Binman Bingo'. Simply cross off the following as you find them.

Glorious history

They'll never be us

Form is temporary, class is forever

No trophies

It shouldn't take you long, probably about as long as we took to score today, as these tired old bleats get dragged out every time we are mentioned on twtd.

So heaven help te rest of L1 when these rustic halfwits turn up, boring the ar se off them with long forgotten sepia tinted stories.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think today may just have been when blind delusion met grim reality...smack bang in the face.

They were better than I expected, but even that doesn't say much about them. Utterly toothless up front. And apart from one shot there really wasn't anything that anyone City fan might regard as us being a bit lucky. In fact they seemed to be using a ploy that involved shots trundling along at the pace you might see at some village fete 'bowling for a pig' attraction.

If you can be ar sed a visit to twtd is a mixture of amusement and pity, but does give the chance to play 'Binman Bingo'. Simply cross off the following as you find them.

Glorious history

They'll never be us

Form is temporary, class is forever

No trophies

It shouldn't take you long, probably about as long as we took to score today, as these tired old bleats get dragged out every time we are mentioned on twtd.

So heaven help te rest of L1 when these rustic halfwits turn up, boring the ar se off them with long forgotten sepia tinted stories.

....blackpool v ipswich should be a good day...a chance for them both to reminicse about 50 and 60 year old rusty old tin pots

And if Gillingham can stay up, Colchester get promoted the paupers can swank around as the 'big' fish amongst those two and Southend and Peterboro.

Plenty of local derbies there and not too far either to get home in time to watch City on MOTD

ps around a third of the current LI have previously won the FA Cup so the binners will feel at home on that score, if not them having the same attendance levels

36 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

This is their view of things 

Bless him 🙂 Intelligent young lad who deserves a better club to support............

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

"Champions of europe , you'll never sing that" ?!?.....neither will they, the won the old version of the Europa League??

Yes, that's what I thought. I spent a short while on Wiki trying to figure out what the European competitions were back in the early '80s but it's not immediately cleat.

37 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Bless him 🙂 Intelligent young lad who deserves a better club to support............

He seems chuffed when we scored, smiling and humming along to the goal music, their supporters seemed pleased to keep the score down to three.

21 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Yes, that's what I thought. I spent a short while on Wiki trying to figure out what the European competitions were back in the early '80s but it's not immediately cleat.

There was the European Cup, for the title winners from each country

The Cup Winners Cup for the Cup winners from each country

The EUFA cup for those finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and the League Cup) from each country

Unfortunately the rather dimwitted farmhands imagine their cup win (EUFA) was the European Cup

Perhaps we could, in years to come, refer to our play off victory against Boro as us winning the title that year

image.png.7e10fdcffe9a102799d68fabe5540fb8.png