Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Twtd forum

Well I had to look. There are tons of folk saying how proud they are!

The lowest points total for them for years, potentially a new record to be set in the championship and you're proud? Losing 3-0 away against your most bitter rivals? And you're proud?

Yet, from what I've just watched, Krul had two pea rollers to collect from shots on target. And if the ref had have been stronger there were two red card offences by your players (ignoring the antics of your own teams manager, who hardly led by example).

I guess they look odds-on for league 1 now. Glad to see the back of them. 

• Like 2

There is a comment on there saying 'I would rather be relegated than have a player roll around like Steipermann'

What planet do these people live on?

To  be fair - they might be **** but the scum players did try today. They're just miles off our level. When your team embarrasses themselves every week and gets beat wherever they go then I suppose trying is something to celebrate.

Even if you try so hard against your arch rivals who are having a poor game and still **** you 3-0. Let them be proud of try-hards all they like, they need to enjoy every last championship game because they won't be playing in this league again for quite a while with Evans at the helm.

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

There is a comment on there saying 'I would rather be relegated than have a player roll around like Steipermann'

Planet Clutch where the local currency is straws.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thought they fought well and had some good posession, but that is all.  I suppose that is as good as their fans expected, but it shows the reality of their position.  Not good enough.   Not sure Lambert is the right man for the job, even in his interview after the match he started talking about his achievements in the past and how that wasn't going to change.......mind you, that fits in quite well with the way Ipswich fans see themselves.....living on past glories.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 6

It does seem weird how much they love Lambert and how accepting they are of such an abject team. We were pretty poor today but comfortably beat them even with a referee doing all he reasonably could to help them. 

Still, Stiepermann did embarrass himself with that pathetic dive. He's been immense this season, I wish he hadn't done it, really awful to see. 

I think they have all the right reasons to be proud. They  managed to hold out for more than  80 seconds without conceding a goal, which is far longer than most of them probably expected.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Still, Stiepermann did embarrass himself with that pathetic dive. He's been immense this season, I wish he hadn't done it, really awful to see. 

I'm sorry, people have missed what happened.  The ipswich player walked past him and stood on his foot.  He tried to push him off and went down, appealing to the ref.   Look at a replay!  Standing on a player's foot with the blades they have on is no joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I'm sorry, people have missed what happened.  The ipswich player walked past him and stood on his foot.  He tried to push him off and went down, appealing to the ref.   Look at a replay!  Standing on a player's foot with the blades they have on is no joke.

It was a silly dive, but I agree to the extent he had to draw attention to it somehow. Chalobah could have been booked twice in about 10 seconds, one for the foul and one for that as it definitely wasn't accidental. Straight out of the Tyrone Mings school of accidents.

Tbh the binners weren’t as bad as many bottom-of-the-table sides are, but had absolutely nothing in the final third and their best player is a loanee.  They gave it as much of a go as they were capable of but we played well within ourselves and won pretty comfortably; I guess it was as good as they could have hoped for.

Chalobah was definitely decent for them, and they knocked it around quite nicely. Certainly a decent midfield performance for them.

Will Keane was an absolute donkey and their defence melted every time we came at them. Chambers is so useless that he might as well be a Norwich legend.

I didn't like Steipermann rolling around - but when we get kicked as much as we do, your players are going to start reacting.

Lambert is now a desperate, desperate man.

This is his last chance as a manager in the top two divisions, he's chucking the kitchen sink at it, but he can see it being washed away like a castle in the sand ...

Poor, poor career decisions Paul.

I particularly like their post from someone who supports a club that gets about 12,000 turn up to their home games claiming we have "non-existent support" 😂🔔🔚

Edited by alex_ncfc

9 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Will Keane was an absolute donkey

He's like Andy Carroll with far less talent and equally **** hairstyle.

Considering I have always thought Carroll is a useless heap of ****, it takes some doing to give me rise to call him a poundland Andy Carroll. But I will.

He's a poundland Andy Carroll.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The lowest points total for them for years, potentially a new record to be set in the championship and you're proud? Losing 3-0 away against your most bitter rivals? And you're proud?

Yet, from what I've just watched, Krul had two pea rollers to collect from shots on target. And if the ref had have been stronger there were two red card offences by your players (ignoring the antics of your own teams manager, who hardly led by example).

Ok, this might be controversial, and .maybe slightly patronising having beat them again, but local rivalries aside, I thought the Ipswich fans were great supporting their team today ..their team responded and made us work so hard, lack quality but can't say they have up like other scum teams have.... Lambert let them down today. Big time. He made it all about himself like he always does.

Fair play to Ip****e, they gave us a games but seriously lacked quality in the vital areas, the attacking third and the defensive third. We won in a canter.

We didn't get out of second gear for most of the game. I imagine Farke had done his research - Ipswich have zero cutting edge and individual mistakes in abundance. It didn't make it our best performance but once we got the goal, sitting off them and picking the right moments to counter was always likely to end up with the right result for us

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Ok, this might be controversial, and .maybe slightly patronising having beat them again, but local rivalries aside, I thought the Ipswich fans were great supporting their team today ..their team responded and made us work so hard, lack quality but can't say they have up like other scum teams have.... Lambert let them down today. Big time. He made it all about himself like he always does.

Their support made some noise a various parts of the game, but were seeing one of their best performances this season. Our support was superb, especially second half and the display at the beginning looked great from our end.

However, despite winning 3 - 0 we never really got going for any period and the frustrations after going one up very quickly, were obvious.

However, the best team one and they are going in one direction only.

They’re a strange bunch. I think they just need something to cling on to. Could you imagine being 19 and have no recollection of anything but Championship mediocrity and probably being too young to remember your last victory over your local rivals.

I think they need some counselling as until you admit you have a problem you can’t address it and begin to fix it. Probably why Lambert has been a complete failure there.

Edited by Willmeister

In truth I thought their players gave it a real go. But they have league 1 players and pretty poor ones at that. They know their doomed. Show some class and allow them a little joy out of a season that has been totally sh##.

I thought their midfield had it over ours but they did it by being physical, a bit too physical to do that all season. They'd be picking up yellows and reds week-in and week-out.

Couldn't tell that well but it did seem that they could have had 2 reds. 

• Like 1

To be finding positives when you have just lost 3-0 to your biggest rivals in a local derby and are 9 points adrift at the bottom of the League sounds like a lot of desperation to me.

And just to add to their woes, the manager appears to have completely lost the plot.

Dear God,so much bitterness and delusion on there today that it plumbs new depths of laughability............still,they'll be a 'massive' club with a glorious history 🙄.........in the 3rd division 🤣

I love TWTD. It's better than any Saturday Night Telly.

The level of pathos they achieve is better than any BBC Drama.

And f****** hilarious too sometimes!

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
I wonder if you can type a swear word in this box - ****
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Thanks for looking sonyc so we don’t have to bother 😀

it shows how far they have dropped that they are proud of today . Back when we won the playoff they complained it wasn’t fair because our squad was stronger due to Prem money. Even then they equalised and made a game of it till our class eventually told in the second half, now even that excuse is lost to them.

today we tore them to bits at the start and then eased off.  They fouled our creative players repeatedly and could have had plenty of yellows and two straight red.  The best they could manage were half chances and Krul was never threatened really. They did well only compared to the first 15 mins and how we expected it to go.

today was a poor performance by our standards, we let them into the game far too much - and failed to put away quite a few good chances. But in the end we’ve won 3-0

all in all an excellent game and great to be 2 points clear at the top.

4 hours ago, HertsCanary93 said:

They should be happy cuz they're going to get their wish